Have fun, win prizes, participate in our contests!
Nov 25th, 2016, 11:39 pm
Can any of you can honestly say it's fair to receive 400 WRZ$ for posting 4 pictures in an hour contest or 130 WRZ$ for posting "mouse" when sharing a book and posting release will usually get you 5 to 50 WRZ$ and fulfilling someones request 10 WRZ$?

The rewards in our section got out of hand and grew disproportionately to the effort and time it takes to earn them in comparison to other sections on Mobi.

If you feel you are being punished when in fact you are still getting a reasonable reward maybe its you that is 'greedy'

It might have been the dupes that made Sher suggest it but it was done because we considered the rewards were unreasonably high.

Amill wrote:I agree about the ridiculous amounts on some contest, Cat or Mouse being the best example, and 50 WRZ$ per post in the hour contests seems fair enough.
That said, the reward for Book Hour (30 WRZ$ per post) is a bit low after having to search the titles and look for dupes... :?

That would make 120 wrz for 4 valid posts, I think that's still plenty enough Amill
Nov 25th, 2016, 11:39 pm
Nov 25th, 2016, 11:44 pm
Well Amil we will always listen to reason (and then totally ignore it) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It has a knock on effect into the other sections with dup accounts being used to bump requests to the top.
Nov 25th, 2016, 11:44 pm

sherlockx The Eternal Trickster
Nov 25th, 2016, 11:49 pm
katkatj wrote:That would make 120 wrz for 4 valid posts, I think that's still plenty enough Amill

You are completely right, Kat, but I'm greedy. :shifty:

sherlockx wrote:Well Amil we will always listen to reason (and then totally ignore it) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It has a knock on effect into the other sections with dup accounts being used to bump requests to the top.

Ohhh!! :o
Thank you, now I get it.
Still seems idiotic to me though.
The duplicate accounts I mean.
katkatj wrote:Can any of you can honestly say it's fair to receive 400 WRZ$ for posting 4 pictures in an hour contest or 130 WRZ$ for posting "mouse" when sharing a book and posting release will usually get you 5 to 50 WRZ$ and fulfilling someones request 10 WRZ$?

This.

I welcome this adjustment, I think it's a great move. Let's face it people, all of us contests regulars have ridiculous amounts of WRZ$ which we rarely use. We're sitting on tens or hundreds of thousands of WRZ$; does it even matter anymore?

Everyone here seems to agree that contests are for fun... so why does the amount of WRZ$ you get in return even matter if we play the games for fun?

You'll still get more than enough to get in all of your book requests, and even if it takes a bit longer, it's not much of an issue. Gathering the WRZ$ longer is a good thing, as there might actually be fewer requests and less chance of your request getting overlooked.
Nov 26th, 2016, 12:07 am
when i started taking part in the contests there were fewer contests and there wasn't any guarantee that you would win wrz$ everyday, the days in which you won over 100 wrz$ were special days.
Nov 26th, 2016, 12:07 am
Nov 26th, 2016, 12:38 am
Before blaming any MODs I would just like to say one thing being an ex-MOD is that we don't get paid anything in real money for doing all the stuff that any of the MODs and other staff members do, we do it because we love Mobilism and it is our way of giving something back to it. I just noticed this tread now because of the latest post made when I logged in...you wouldn't believe sometimes the PMs moderators get from users just because they didn't get something they expected and not all are kind and sweet some are downright rude but let me not getaway from the topic. Like Sherly said previously that they have real life too out of which they are spending time helping out and managing stuff here, some might say no one forced you but as I said it's our way of giving back to this lovely community that we have got here.

I am not gonna comment anything on or against the WRZs reduction as it's a sensitive topic already here and lot have been said over it but wasn't there a healthy discussion led by n0tty and Sherlock and other people discussing on topic in TLWBF sometime back about the same.

I participate in contests for the fun of solving it and thrill of winning it, and I also like winning WRZs as a reward at the end of it...I am again not commenting whether it was a right decision or not but i will let people decide it for themselves. As many people wrote earlier, "it's not fair that everyone is being punished for such thing" I will just say think about all this time when lots of us who just have 1 account and having been using to play with that whereas Duplicate accounts have not just cheated the MODs but they are cheating those honest players as well like you and me.

sherlockx wrote:You can blame me for making the suggestion to the others about reducing rewards. Contests has become a magnet for duplicate accounts because of the high level of rewards.

For that reason it has been decided to change the way we reward certain contests

The contests were not designed to be a get rich scheme they are here for fun and to earn a few WRZ$ while you participate.

Again not commenting whether it was a right move or not, but put yourself in the MODs shoes and think what you have done to curb it, if you have some better suggestions please pass on to the contest MODs to help them combat the same if you feel this is an extreme step. But then Greed has been a motivating factor to cheat here...
Nov 26th, 2016, 12:38 am

If you want to be happy, be... Happiness depends upon ourselves. :wave:

Cheers,
Diva ♥ x
Nov 26th, 2016, 12:40 am
mobilitic wrote:when i started taking part in the contests there were fewer contests and there wasn't any guarantee that you would win wrz$ everyday, the days in which you won over 100 wrz$ were special days.

Mobi,
I remember being really grateful when you sent me your bonus for Dices because I was the player with the least amount of WRZ$. Thank you!
Nov 26th, 2016, 12:40 am
Nov 26th, 2016, 12:47 am
Diva, I'm not putting myself in Kat, Nonny, Pinky...or sherlockx's stilettos! :?
Nov 26th, 2016, 12:47 am
Nov 26th, 2016, 1:02 am
katkatj wrote:Can any of you can honestly say it's fair to receive 400 WRZ$ for posting 4 pictures in an hour contest or 130 WRZ$ for posting "mouse" ?

I'm gonna raise my hand and say its fair, because I need to offer 200wrz$ or more for each book if I want that someone fulfill my requests
Nov 26th, 2016, 1:02 am
Nov 26th, 2016, 1:04 am
:o Amill! I didn't know Sherly has stilettos! Man I haven't wore them in ages since my foot injury :think: but this discussion will be better on TLWBF as more people I am sure would like to know about Sherly's shoe fetish there :eh: :lol:

Amill wrote:Diva, I'm not putting myself in Kat, Nonny, Pinky...or sherlockx's stilettos! :?

I wasn't trying to be politically correct or anything in previous post but just trying to make everyone think that it's not a MOD's problem it's everyone's issue also indirectly if they think over it... it's affecting everyone!

Every person approaches a problem in a different way. Some focus on the problem or the reason why a problem emerged (problem focused thinking). Others prefer to think about possible solutions that help them to solve a problem (solution focused thinking).

I would just say lets become a part of the solution rather than discussing parts of the problem individually.

Happy Birthday Gigi :oops: sorry I forgot to mention it earlier :wave:
Nov 26th, 2016, 1:04 am
Nov 26th, 2016, 1:05 am
mobilitic wrote:when i started taking part in the contests there were fewer contests and there wasn't any guarantee that you would win wrz$ everyday, the days in which you won over 100 wrz$ were special days.

I learned there was a contest section when Guy started a "let's see how many people we can bring to the contests section" contest, with WRZ$ rewarded for every person posting in the topic, like Rush Hour, except over a full month. I just looked -- it wound up being 112 people, not even enough to carry our current regular Rush Hour threads. :D And the final reward seemed so high! Someone ought to calculate Mobilism's rate of wage growth. :lol:
Nov 26th, 2016, 1:05 am
Nov 26th, 2016, 2:16 am
I forgot to write on this, is truly and sadly very true, that eBooks requests rewards which are for lower denominations are ignored or not prioritised sometimes for higher offering which in unfair as lots
Of times people don't get the bigger picture of how something in Contests is affecting other sections as well! :(

katkatj wrote:Can any of you can honestly say it's fair to receive 400 WRZ$ for posting 4 pictures in an hour contest or 130 WRZ$ for posting "mouse" when sharing a book and posting release will usually get you 5 to 50 WRZ$ and fulfilling someones request 10 WRZ$?

The rewards in our section got out of hand and grew disproportionately to the effort and time it takes to earn them in comparison to other sections on Mobi.
Nov 26th, 2016, 2:16 am
Nov 26th, 2016, 2:45 am
wrote a reply and it keeps getting blocked from posting by cloudfare, so i am trying again.
Nov 26th, 2016, 2:45 am

Please click thanks if you like the release :)
Won't be able to re-up books until further notice. Make new requests, please. Apologies for the inconvenience.
Nov 26th, 2016, 2:49 am
Okay, it seems like things are getting a bit heated here. I completely respect and understand where the mods are coming from. But I don't think it's "greedy" to suggest that reducing the rewards for these hour long contests might be seen as unfair to those who don't cheat. I'll elaborate, using my own example.

1. If typing a word and getting 100 -125 wrz$ hour for Rush Hour is fair, then getting 200-300 wrz for selecting 4 artworks or what have you in the span of an hour is fair. 400-500 is def not the usual reward, by a long shot, for art hour. The newer quotes hour contest (which I love as I love quotes/poems etc.) takes a long time to get right as there tend to be tons of dupes (which is understandable due to the larger numbers of posts per page), and it takes folks a good 15 minutes or so to get the quotes/pics or whatever for these contests unless you just happened to join the game earlier on. Call me slow at digging up stuff, but it has never taken me less than 15-20 minutes or so to get art works/quotes/book titles or whatever for these contests and then to go back and review if I've posted a dupe.
And if 125 WRZ for spending a second typing one word is fair then getting 250-350 or so which is the average amount for art hour (for instance) is most definitely fair. I don't believe it's right to to say people bringing up a critique of this sort puts them on the same level as those that have been cheating on contests for who knows how long.

2. For those of us in North America, contests have only recently started to take place in hours that work for us. Those of you in other time zones who have 100,000+ wrz have already (and I don't say it resentfully, please don't get me wrong) have already had a bit of an advantage at participating in contests. For those of us in different time zones, we've only recently started participating in contests that are more suitable for us time wise. And in this instance, I do believe it is unfair that we have to get a max of 90-120 wrz$ for effort (and yes it does take some effort, certainly more than a second of typing a word or phrase or less) that has for a while rewarded people with more wrz$.
Nov 26th, 2016, 2:49 am

Won't be able to re-up books until further notice. Make new requests, please. Apologies for the inconvenience.
Nov 26th, 2016, 2:50 am
3. I don't participate in contests only because they're fun, which they are and I do enjoy the bonding with members here. I participate in contests because I am able to get books that I need, and at times, those I want. I've been here nearly 3 years, and I don't have hundreds of thousands of WRZ. The ones I have I try to budget carefully so I can continue to pay fair rewards for the books I request. Most of us have to pay upwards of 100-200 WRZ (on average, I personally pay 200 or so ) for our books. So I am actually totally with Gigi above. The contests are precisely the way we earn rewards that we use to get books. Some of us are not as good at fulfilling book requests, finding books online etc. so are not able to make as much wrz from releases. I only started making more WRZ in the past year after I started participating in contests. Until 2015, I barely had a few thousand and this is after having posted some releases.

So I disagree that all of us who've disagreed here have tons of wrz that are lying around unused. I wish that were the case, but it isn't. Even for folks with more wrz, I find their complaint to be legitimate. It's not about how much we already have or don't but whether hourly contest rewards, in and of themselves, are reasonable.

4. As for those of you guys who think it takes more effort and time to find books which yield low rewards, then the best way is to only find books for which you believe you're being fairly rewarded. If there's a rare book requested for 30 WRZ or 20 or whatever, either wait for the amount to go up or leave it altogether. Isn't that what most folks who fulfill requests do anyway? there are plenty of books for which folks are giving 100-200 wrz, even 300 and the rewards go up the rare/harder to find the books are. People know what they're requesting and tend to reward fairly or else they risk not getting what they need/want.
So this is a red herring.

5. We all know this ain't real money, so that's really not an argument for why lowering rewards is fair.

I hope my points have come across as respectfully as I intend them. I really deeply appreciate this place and the contest managers and friends I've made here. My goal is not to antagonize or hurt any of you or condemn you or anything of that sort. It's only to provide an alternative perspective and to ask that those sharing these not be lumped along all the cheats with multi accounts who're trying to game contest rewards etc.
Nov 26th, 2016, 2:50 am