Have fun, win prizes, participate in our contests!
Jun 21st, 2018, 9:31 am
I guess it all depends on how you want to define "Most Popular"
While Less or More is played by the most members and can truly be considered the highest participated in game...
(You can't beat the simplicity and playability of Less or More, a real CLASSIC)

As a player, I might offer up a different view. Three other games come to mind
Instead of judging based on highest post count or most members, one might look at it from an "excitement" level
The first example would be RUSH HOUR
When a Rush Hour begins, it "appears" that activity across the contest forum increases... PM's are getting sent as everybody is looking to reach the magic number of posts to win. It's more a "GROUP" or community contest. When one is running, it gets THE ATTENTION
The other contests seem to fall by the side of the road when a Rush Hour is on
It's actually exciting (yeah, I know I need to get a real life) as it comes down to the closing minutes and it's just a few posts away from being a winner... Last minute PM's are flying as everybody tries to get that next person to post
In one definition of "most popular" I would have to rate it as one of the best if not the best

The second example would be the Meme's Marathons
Again, it "appears" that activity across the contest forum increases... and is maintained throughout the 24 hour period
The fact that many people are willing to post EVERY STINKING HOUR for 24 STRAIGHT HOURS says a lot about the games popularity
I love the game, but have never made all 24 hours... it's tough, and PEOPLE DO IT :lol: :lol: :lol:
And the best part of the game, is really reviewing all the posts. I get a real kick out of making sure I see EVERY MEME posted. That's part of the enjoyment of that special contest. How many contests do people go back and try to review every post... especially when all the posts are something like Less or more :D
If "replay" value means anything, Meme's is very popular

The last example would have to be Show Me Yours
While I think I may have posted only 1 or 2 pictures in the time I've been here, it's only because I don't take pictures and have very little to offer. It also has the replay value, as many people (from what I've heard) review all the all old posts and simply enjoy the pictures. It also sometimes gives a "personal glimpse" of our fellow posters. I once asked another poster what they knew about somebody, and his response was, just check out what they post in Show Me Yours... you will learn a lot more than I can tell you.
So if learning about your fellow posters, and having a thread where every post is worth looking at, Show Me Yours is very popular

I would love to hear what other mods besides Nonny thinks.
But I would also love to hear what other "players" have to say about what their most popular contests are

I think we would get a wide range of answers to this question ;)
Jun 21st, 2018, 9:31 am

Jun 21st, 2018, 11:09 am
Thanks for the reply, John. My favourite contest remains 'Show Me Yours' . . .
Jun 21st, 2018, 11:09 am

But this rose is an extra. - A. Conan Doyle
Jun 26th, 2018, 9:00 pm
Great posting
Jun 26th, 2018, 9:00 pm

Sumolicious!!!
Jul 2nd, 2018, 9:39 pm
Just a suggestion about the What/Where/Who Am I c0ntests....

Would it be possible if we all start hewing a bit closer to the posted rules... like using one of these constructions in our answers when a clear yes or no is not possible"

In addition to yes or no the following answer may be used.
"A simple Yes or No answer to this question is debatable/inapproriate/unavailable"

No need to be rigid about it -- unless raindrops disagrees -- but some of the ad hoc constructions we've been using (including some double negatives, and some phrases that have nuanced English-language meanings probably not meant by the poster ;) ) can lead to a bit of uncertainty about what is meant.

Thanks for reading.
Jul 2nd, 2018, 9:39 pm
Jul 11th, 2018, 3:57 pm
I hate that all the contests run at ungodly hours!
Jul 11th, 2018, 3:57 pm
Jul 25th, 2018, 3:28 pm
I am noticing the "1 time" rank list in the new game start posts for the Daily Dice game is getting quite long. The twice-a-year rank halving does not remove anyone from the "1 time" rank list. Maybe if someone hasn't won the Daily Dice game in over a year and has been in the "1 time" rank list during that time they get removed.
Jul 25th, 2018, 3:28 pm
Jul 25th, 2018, 3:39 pm
That's not a bad idea
Jul 25th, 2018, 3:39 pm
Jul 25th, 2018, 3:49 pm
Mifr wrote:I am noticing the "1 time" rank list in the new game start posts for the Daily Dice game is getting quite long. The twice-a-year rank halving does not remove anyone from the "1 time" rank list. Maybe if someone hasn't won the Daily Dice game in over a year and has been in the "1 time" rank list during that time they get removed.

Yup it’s definitely a good idea :thumbup:
Jul 25th, 2018, 3:49 pm

If you want to be happy, be... Happiness depends upon ourselves. :wave:

Cheers,
Diva ♥ x
Jul 25th, 2018, 8:27 pm
Yeah... it does sound like a great idea
However, it also sounds like a lot of extra work ;)
Jul 25th, 2018, 8:27 pm

Jul 25th, 2018, 8:39 pm
johngriffen wrote:Yeah... it does sound like a great idea

Yeah, I was thinking that it might, at least the first time it was done. Having to look back 6 months and 12 months to see if a user remained on the "1 time" rank list could take some time. However, once the "1 time" rank list was shorter, maybe not so much work going forward.

While I kind of understand why the rank list is halved every six months, at some point the "1 time" rank list will have users who have won the Daily Dice game 1 time, 2 times, 3 times, 4 times, etc. If anything, maybe anyone on the "1 time" rank list at halving time gets dropped off. A lot easier, but then a lot of "1 time" winners in the prior 6 months would also be lopped off, which is why I suggested going back a year.

Anyway, nothing critical. Just a suggestion.
Jul 25th, 2018, 8:39 pm
Jul 25th, 2018, 8:49 pm
johngriffen wrote:Yeah... it does sound like a great idea

If it's just about the work, I'd be happy to do it during my holidays (basically, I would take the last result before halving the last three times (mid july 2017, new year 2018, mid july 2018) and the last one, and anybody that would be with 1 result on the 4 lists would be on the suggested to remove list ;-))
Jul 25th, 2018, 8:49 pm

Jul 25th, 2018, 9:09 pm
As a person whose name is in that "1 time winner" category (I use to be nearly at the top few years back),
I would be kinda upset if my name vanish from the game completely.
Removing names from rankings seems to me like erasing some part of ancient history just because history book is too long.
Does it really bother you?
Jul 25th, 2018, 9:09 pm
Jul 25th, 2018, 9:22 pm
No Kat, it’s not bothering at all, when you say it that way...it should stay.
Jul 25th, 2018, 9:22 pm

If you want to be happy, be... Happiness depends upon ourselves. :wave:

Cheers,
Diva ♥ x
Jul 25th, 2018, 9:38 pm
Kat, we're millennials. We have a short attention span and no time for ancient history. ;) :lol:

Talking seriously, no, it doesn't bothers me much. Although my phone screen is tiny and I have to scroll a lot :?
Jul 25th, 2018, 9:38 pm