Have fun, win prizes, participate in our contests!
Nov 6th, 2019, 4:06 am
I shouldn’t have taken the bait and be provoked like that. Not my intention when I was first start replying Mifr’s message.

I was wrong about people shouldn’t vent publicly here, but it’s just my opinion and I believed that there are nicer ways to suggest the otherwise instead of implying I’m a liar.

Do what you have to do about DD, I’ll adapt to the new rules if needed to be and be ready for it.
Nov 6th, 2019, 4:06 am
Nov 6th, 2019, 8:55 am
This been a sore point for a long time.

It's not only Dice but also the rewarding which needs to be fixed.

Sure there are many housewives and others who have absolutely nothing else to do in life except sit on the forum 24/7 and hit refresh every 3 seconds to find contests and mods who want volunteers to do rewarding. :shock: :wtf:

Why should others be denied just because they work or are otherwise busy ?
Does it mean that people like me should always post 17/18/3/4.......... doing it a few times to keep the contest running is fine, but not always. :o
The first 8 posts can be rotated out on alternate rounds. Let's give everyone a chance.

For rewarding there are 6-7 volunteers, even tho some of them have already rewarded 3-4 times. :( :wtf:

Put a system in place for rewarding where a poster is limited to the number of rewards per 24 hours, maybe 1 or 2.
Or a fresher/non fresher system where volunteers who have not rewarded get priority over one who has. :thumbup:
Nov 6th, 2019, 8:55 am
Nov 6th, 2019, 10:24 am
Maybe, crazy idea, we should play contests only if it's fun and take a break when it starts to feel unfair or obsessive.

Nov 6th, 2019, 10:24 am
Nov 6th, 2019, 2:09 pm
Erinmore wrote:Sure there are many housewives and others who have absolutely nothing else to do in life except sit on the forum 24/7 and hit refresh every 3 seconds to find contests and mods who want volunteers to do rewarding. :shock: :wtf:

Housewives are one of the most hard working people i know, they don't just sit around staring at the computer screen, they're working 24/7 for their husbands/family. Your post makes it seems like all they do is wait for some contest to pop up to be able to volunteer or whatever.
Nov 6th, 2019, 2:09 pm
Nov 6th, 2019, 3:26 pm
My apologies to the forum. It was not my intention to pit forum members against each other. It is supposed to be for fun. There are just times when the Daily Dice contest isn't fun, which is why I posted my comment in the first place.

Daily Dice is kind of special in that the odds of winning have a huge difference. Winning numbers 10-11 are 27 times more likely to happen than 3 or 18 (9 and 12 are 25 times more likely). It explains why the contest can sometimes sit idle for hours waiting for someone to pick up those last few numbers (3-4 and 17-18 in particular).

I'm not sure what could be done without ruining the contest. I suppose you could make the reward higher for picking a Winning Number with lower odds, but at which numbers would the reward tiers stop? Sounds like a solution worse than the current structure.

Maybe an incentive for those choosing Winning Numbers 3-4 and 17-18 is the option to select up to two Total Numbers. Allowing the low-odd Winning Numbers the option to select two Total Numbers would increase their likelihood of getting a reward without adding a tiered reward structure to the Winning Numbers.

Also, it might add a bit of strategy. If Winning Numbers 3-6 and 15-18 are still available, players might opt for 3-4 and 17-18 with the knowledge they could select two Total Numbers. Even if better odd numbers are still available, like 7 and 14, a player might still go with the low odd Winning Numbers because they could select two Total Numbers. It would also increase the likelihood that the currently running Daily Dice contest would finish quicker, although I am not sure that's a desired side effect for the contest admins.

Just rambling at this point. As some have stated, if I have a problem with the contest, don't play it. Strange as it is, it's actually hard to ignore the Daily Dice contest. There is something about the contest that is compelling.
Nov 6th, 2019, 3:26 pm
Nov 6th, 2019, 3:47 pm
When I was first playing Daily Dice, I read the rules and found out the first number of 3 - 18 were all claimed. But there are plenty total numbers left between 6 - 36 can be guessed. I remember I asked if I could only guess the total number. The answer was no of course. That was how I want to play the game back then. Because I just couldn’t wait for the new round to start.

When I replied your message earlier, I took time and tried to keep my tone be polite and sincere. Because I want to share some of the strategies and painful truth with you if you are really wanting to have numbers with better winning chances under the current mechanism. I decided not to say much in my first post because I know people can be judgmental. But I have been provoked and let my temper gets the best of me unfortunately.

Back to your suggestion, I think it’s considerable. At least it is better than my very original thought, when I couldn’t post fast enough than others, that the winner of the round should be out for the next three rounds. Then of course I didn’t share this silly idea because mobs’ workloads will be stupidly increased.
Nov 6th, 2019, 3:47 pm
Nov 6th, 2019, 10:41 pm
Any idea, whether you think it may be silly or not, is never looked upon by us as being so. We take all ideas in stride and will discuss it amongst the team to see if it’s a viable one or not. We also have to weigh it against many things:
-How will it change the basic fundamentals of the contest
-Will it change things for all members and will it benefit the members as a whole
-How will it change things for the mods, does it cause more work or less.
This is only a few things to think about, it’s not easy changing something that’s been around for years, but that is not to say it will never happen either, sometimes change is good for all.

Keep in mind that while all of our contests are to be played in the spirit of "fun", it IS still a contest, you have winners and you have losers, this will never change.

As for how we ask for volunteers, many of you are “new”, yes a couple years in, but your still new...if your not happy with this format we can talk about going back to the “old” way of doing it...the first person to volunteer gets the job. Giving you 5 minutes to volunteer and accepting all volunteers within those 5 minutes is more than fair, you all have the same chance of getting the job as the next person. As a matter of fact, when the above post regarding volunteers was being made, there was a contest waiting for a volunteer, and no one was volunteering. This happens more then you think it does. We have tweeted, posted on Discord, even sent pm's asking for someone to volunteer.

Setting restrictions for volunteers is not a realistic expectation, here are a few reasons why;
You can only do ? volunteer jobs a day
-We ask for a volunteer, but the only people around have already done their daily allotment, how long do we wait for someone else to come along.
-We ask for a volunteer, now the mod has to look at all the other contests for the day to see who got those jobs.
You can only volunteer if you have paid out all previous jobs
-We ask for a volunteer, did this member payout their last job or not, we have to check on that first.
Volunteering in some contests should be open to non-winners only
-We ask for a volunteer, no one volunteers because they are all winners and the mod has to check to make sure they are not a winner once someone does volunteer.
You can no longer volunteer once your WRZ$ balance reaches a certain amount
We ask for a volunteer, no one volunteers because they are all above this amount and why should a regular player for many years be penalized for being around so long.

We have had many members who would post to volunteer, then someone else would post so they would edit their post saying "never mind" or "please give it to whomever", while this is a nice gesture, once again, its more work for us...I have always suggested to these people that instead, wait the 5 minutes, if no one else has volunteered, then do so. We appreciate this gesture and while those of you just think that person is being greedy or not thinking of others when you see them volunteering time after time, then you need to think of the bigger picture and know that they already stepped back to allow someone else, someone "new" to step in. Now they are fulfilling a job in order to get it done for us.

We have had countless suggestions for how to “change” the volunteers, ultimately it comes down to more work for us...In fact in many cases it’s simply faster for us to do rewards ourselves, but we recognize the fact that most people just want to help, and this is one way they can do so.
Do you want us checking on volunteers or paying rewards? Or would you rather have a contest posted that you can participate in?

Feel free to keep making suggestions however, but keep in mind some of the challenges that may impede those suggestions.

We understand the frustrations of all this, remember, we all used to be you, we played, we got frustrated, we had our tantrums...but we all keep coming back.
Nov 6th, 2019, 10:41 pm
Nov 7th, 2019, 7:02 am
The fresher/nonfresher system has been used with great success in gymnasiums, tennis/squash/badminton/bowling/pool/cards/riding clubs since decades.
It is used when demand far exceeds supply.

For example, a tennis club may have 4 courts, and peak hours are 6PM to 9PM when 30 players want to use them. There are players who may have used the courts in the morning, some are there 24/7 and some only after 6PM.

So how to differentiate between a player who has used the courts for 1 hr in the morning, another player who has used the court for 5 hrs during the day and those who haven't used it at all ?

The fresher/nonfresher system goes like this.

8 blackboards are kept at the reception, 2 blackboards for each court.

The blackboard on the left are freshers(who have not used the court in the last 24 hrs) and the blackboard on the right for non freshers(players who have used the court).

As a fresher arrives at the court, he has to write his name on any 1 blackboard. At a glance I can see how many freshers are waiting at each court, by counting the names above mine.

Each player is given 30mins on the court after which he has to vacate the court and is eligible to write his name again but this time on the non fresher blackboard.
The non fresher list will be allowed to use the court only if there are no freshers left.

It's that simple. Lists need not be kept as each member can keep track of how many rewards have been done by him/her in the last 24hrs.

I'm sure it can be implemented without any fuss as it is easier here because of the time limit to volunteer.

If I've rewarded already, I'm still eligibile to volunteer......... who knows if others are going to volunteer in the time left ?
If freshers post, then priority of choice is given to them or else it's a choice between non freshers.
Nov 7th, 2019, 7:02 am
Nov 8th, 2019, 8:15 am
In practically, I’m not sure how to implement this “blackboard” system.

Let’s assume that there is 2 new threads created for this purpose, called “Volunteers Record - 1st time volunteer” and “Volunteers Record - repeat volunteers”. Every volunteers who want to get a job need to post their names in the suitable threads.

Assuming there are 3 volunteers who posted their names in 1st time thread and the contest thread. volunteer A got the job, she deleted her name in the 1st time thread after finishing the donatwarding job. But volunteer B and C didn’t remove their names from 1st time thread.

2 hours later, a new game called for volunteer. 3 volunteers - A, D, E - posted their names in the 1st time / repeater thread and contest thread. Mods need to compare the 1st time and repeater threads in order to identify who is 1st time and who is repeater among a list of names. It’s lucky that the 24-hour period started only several hours, or there may be a long list of volunteers’ names needed to be searched. Then mods can really generate the random number.

If you factor in the issues of different time zones, volunteers’ wrongful posting in the threads, and the sequences of 1st time volunteers / repeaters, it can become complicated.

For example, volunteer F finished the donatwarding job for Less or More around 11pm yesterday. He removed his name from 1st time thread, then went to sleep. Woke up, did stuff, ate dinner, and around 9pm, he saw Less or More needs volunteer again. He couldn’t find his previous record in 1st time thread and didn’t bother to check Less or More thread because it has to be at least going back 5 pages. He supposed the 24-hour limitation has been passed because it is the next night, right? So he posts his name on 1st time thread and game thread. Mods need to check if volunteer F is a real 1st time within last 24 hours.

Somehow, mods are able to find out volunteer F is actually a repeater, so the priority given to other two 1st time volunteers. The sequence their names shown in the contest thread is:
1. 1st time volunteer X
2. repeat volunteer F
3. 1st time volunteer Y
So, how do Mods randomly generate a number from 1 - 3, but excluding 2? If the generator they used can do so, it’s not an issue.

Inspired by your suggestion, I think may be we can do it the other way around.

Like, there is only 1 new thread created, “Volunteers Record”. Based on UTC time, Mods open a new post for next 24 hours. They can edit the post repeatedly and recorded the names of the volunteers who got the jobs for each contests happened in within 24 hours. After 24 hours have passed, they create another new post either automatically or manually / simply clear content in the previous post and re-use it.

This way they can easily spot out the 1st time volunteers from a list of the repeat volunteers, without verifying if they are really a 1st time volunteer among a long list or if the repeaters have passed the 24-hour limitation by going through many posts.
Nov 8th, 2019, 8:15 am
Nov 8th, 2019, 8:51 am
It can be made very simple.
A start time for the day is designated, say 00:00GMT or whatever, at which time everyone resets to zero.

If I have rewarded at 00:10 and volunteer again at 00:15, then I have to post a NF(already rewarded) below my volunteer post like this
Me
NF

The NF tells the mod I have rewarded so that they do not need to keep track of who has rewarded and who hasn't.

If all volunteers are without NF in their posts the mod has to choose from them.
If 2 volunteers are without NF in their posts the mod has to choose from those 2.
If there is only one post without NF, that poster gets it.
If all volunteers are NF the mod has to choose from them.

The system has already been implemented here for some contests...........those who participated are not allowed to participate in the next round.
Nov 8th, 2019, 8:51 am
Nov 8th, 2019, 9:03 am
Oh, that sounds simple. I don’t know any contests outside this contest forum in mobi. But if there are contests currently using this system, may be Mods will know about them more than I do.
Nov 8th, 2019, 9:03 am
Nov 8th, 2019, 1:24 pm
Or we can , you know, enjoy contests as Amill said and when it gets too obsessive or unfair just take a break from it...
Nov 8th, 2019, 1:24 pm
Nov 8th, 2019, 2:12 pm
No offense and nothing personal, but whenever I hear people say "obsessive", I would think - what is obsessive?

Is it obsessive when I volunteer myself to the donatwarding jobs in every single contests during my waking hours?
Is it obsessive when I think of some ways to win more?
Is it obsessive when I hope to be a top ranker one day?
Is it obsessive when I check on mobi whenever I have my mobile in my hands?
Is it obsessive when I want to make a contest even better and fairer by making suggestions?
Is it obsessive when I talk too much about this kind of stuff?

But if you're upset because of a losing contest, I suppose it's obsessive.

So yeah, I agree that if the contest makes you unhappy and feel unfair, it's better to a break from it. (I'm personally avoiding the RPSLS because I was never able to make it to second round.. :? )
Nov 8th, 2019, 2:12 pm
Nov 8th, 2019, 9:40 pm
I've meant "obsessive " in a way that something negatively influences a person and they keep coming back to it nevertheless. As for the RPSLS i made it to round 4 once(and i'm very proud of myself for that :lol:) but you never know,maybe you'll get past the second round someday :wink: As for the volunteer selection - i agree 100% with Ice and i'm leaving it with that :)
Nov 8th, 2019, 9:40 pm
Nov 8th, 2019, 10:07 pm
Hi FreezeMe, then it’s all good. :) I’m sensitive to the “obsessive” word because sometimes people use it like a weapon.

I’ll leave the volunteer part to Mobs team too. In the meanwhile, let’s enjoy doing stuff we enjoy. :wink:

RPSLS? What RPSLS? It is dead to me. :lol: JK. I’ll give it a chance when it’s short of players :) Good luck you gal, may be this time you can be the queen of RPSLS. :lol:
Nov 8th, 2019, 10:07 pm