Discuss ROMs, ask for help with ROM upgrading and talk about anything else that has to do with ROMs here.
Oct 13th, 2010, 1:13 pm
hello guys.i need help with my omnia i900,this is the first time i have an WM device it is 6.1 but i want 6.5 and really i dont know how to do it:(
i need your help,how to do that and someone please explain me detailed with links..
sorry if there is an topic for this please give me the link
and someone tell me which rom is the best for my device:) thanks a lot :)
Oct 13th, 2010, 1:13 pm
Jun 1st, 2011, 2:02 pm
Here u go :D

First of all for the newbies i would recommend to play a bit with the phone before upgrading. Get to know how your phone and current ROM works.

Please be patient and read again if you don't understand anything. Make sure that you know what you are doing.

I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY IF U DAMAGE YOUR DEVICE!

GOOD LUCK!

Important :
Those who then want to make you sure for the safest way of changing the ROM in OMNIA i900 should follow closely (in case) the following steps.
Make sure you:

Turned off any Firewall you have on the PC.
Not running the update in Safe Mode.
Not to perform any other work on your PC.
Make sure the phone is fully charged (important)
Do not update from a PC where you have limited rights. Eg. Internet Cafe, Work etc.
Prefer Laptop as if you have electricity dropped you will have some extra battery and wont harm your phone.
Use only one USB port for you Omnia update, the best one it works for you. Do not try multiple.

Steps used for updating under Windows XP (32 bit).

Make the Install Microsoft ActiveSync 4.5 (once)
Make Install the Samsung Modem Driver XP (once) - https://rs374tl2.rapidshare.com/#!downl ... F78779AFEB
Reboot the PC.
After the first 2 steps try to disconnect your Omnia from USB and connect it back on. Repeat it 1-2 times so the PC can recognize the phone.
Leave the phone connected for about 10-15 minutes. If it disconnects by itself most probably you have to repeat the procedure from 1st step.
It is advised to reboot your PC also.
Make sure that have backup all your important stuff (contacts, pictures etc).
Switch OFF the phone by holding the Power button for ~5 seconds.
Run the updater. (Works the same way for Original or Cooked ROMs)
Switch ON the phone again by holding the Power button.
Press START and happy flashing. Do not move your phone or the USB wire as it might fail during flashing.
Wait until the updater shows JOB DONE! DO NOT DISCONNECT BEFORE.
Disconnect your phone.
Leave the phone to reboot 2 times, calibrate screen and finish the start-up procedure.
Enjoy the new firmware.
Jun 1st, 2011, 2:02 pm