The graphic novels loved by children and adults alike
May 29th, 2016, 2:11 am
After reading DC Universe: Rebirth #1 I am less than impressed with they have done by dragging the Watchmen into the DC mainstream. It cheapens and demeans what is arguably the best comic series of the 80's on up to now.

Just finished reading the first issue of the new Captain America comic (I know I said I stopped collecting Marvel comics but it doesn't stop me reading the occasional new comic) and I must say the yawn inspiring "twist" ending left me with no particular need to continue buying the title. I do, however, get the feeling that the naughty Captain America story line will be the lead in to the next MAJOR EVENT in the Disney, sorry, Marvel Universe.
May 29th, 2016, 2:11 am
Jul 23rd, 2016, 11:30 am
Hi i'm new here.

I just read new superman. Is it just me or the mainstream comic storyline is getting ridiculous by the second?
Jul 23rd, 2016, 11:30 am
Jul 26th, 2016, 11:33 pm
I reread The Killing Joke before watching the animated version and was utterly underwhelmed. The film was a drawn out and yawn inspiring piece of rubbish that denigrated the Moore and Bolland classic.
Going back to waiting for collected editions (trade paperback versions, the hardback copies are are way too expensive to buy here) of the rehashed DC Universe.

Gads, I actually found two, yes two, DC Comics titles to buy, The Hellblazer and All-Star Batman. I'm a sucker for the former title character and was rather impressed with the latter. Marvel, however, nary a single title worth buying.
Jul 26th, 2016, 11:33 pm
Aug 7th, 2016, 12:35 pm
Alisonjayne wrote:Good evening,
this is probably something that you won't be able to help with but I thought I would ask on the off chance anyway :)

I used to read girly comics as a child such as Bunty, Mandy, June, Misty etc, these are all British comics. I have searched all over the net but have not been able to find them to read online or to download either.

Does anyone know if there is anything out there or should I just give up all hope :)

I know this was a year ago - but on the off chance - there are people on eBay who sell scans of old British comics on DVD.
Aug 7th, 2016, 12:35 pm
Oct 23rd, 2016, 9:32 pm
I dread to think what AT&T is going to do to DC Comics and associated properties if the proposed purchase of Time Warner is allowed. Time will tell how long I continue to collect the four titles I purchase each month.
Oct 23rd, 2016, 9:32 pm
Nov 28th, 2016, 3:15 am
Continuing reasons why I gave up collecting Marvel Comics particularly since Disney took over: January 2017 solicitations, 95 titles and if you want to include the damned variant covers then you can just about triple the title count. Then there's the start of the first EVENT, yyaawwnn, for the year Monster Unleashed. Milk it Disney, milk it.
Nov 28th, 2016, 3:15 am
Dec 18th, 2016, 7:51 am
I support some form of censorship in comics.
Especially in the area of sex and extreme violence.
Dec 18th, 2016, 7:51 am
Feb 10th, 2017, 12:57 am
GADS! I've actually discovered a new Marvel comic that might, repeat might, be worth collecting - The Avengers. Read the first four issues and am reasonably impressed.

Ah, Marvel's latest senses shattering EVENT for 2017, Secret Empire. Whoop-de-do! Just another money grabbing exercise by Disney. In the, no doubt, penultimate final issue of Secret Empire Steve Rogers will be saved and the Marvel Universe will probably be rebooted yet again. And they wonder why their titles are slipping in sales.

I finished reading the Monsters Unleashed five issue story. Simply put - awful. Now I find out there's yet another Monsters Unleashed coming out. Milk it Disney, milk it and watch the slow decline of the Marvel Comics brand pick up pace.

I miss The Goon by Eric Powell and wonder if he's going to continue with what I consider to be one of the best comic book creations of recent years.
Feb 10th, 2017, 12:57 am
Apr 4th, 2017, 6:14 am
Finished reading the first two issues of the latest reincarnation of Marvel's Man-Thing and apart from some reasonable art the rest does not inspire confidence in further reading. R. L. Stine, in my view, is not a good choice as writer of this comic. I might come back in half a dozen or so issues and see how he settles in but for the moment I can think of better titles to spend money on.

I'm also rather impressed with the recent Thanos title to the extent that I'm going to chase down the first six issues and add the title to my collect list.
Apr 4th, 2017, 6:14 am
May 16th, 2017, 9:08 am
Just throwing this out here. If I really like Executive Assistant Iris and Lady Killer what other comic along those lines should I look into?
May 16th, 2017, 9:08 am
Jul 7th, 2017, 12:54 am
I realise that this isn't exactly about Wonder Woman in comic book form but they should have named the movie "Steve Trevor with Assistance from Wonder Woman". It, from a personal view, concentrated way too much on Steve Trevor after he showed up on Themyscira leaving Wonder Woman more as a second string character. All in all, I did enjoy the film.
Jul 7th, 2017, 12:54 am
Aug 8th, 2017, 6:18 pm
adrianlee wrote:
Alisonjayne wrote:Good evening,
this is probably something that you won't be able to help with but I thought I would ask on the off chance anyway :)

I used to read girly comics as a child such as Bunty, Mandy, June, Misty etc, these are all British comics. I have searched all over the net but have not been able to find them to read online or to download either.

Does anyone know if there is anything out there or should I just give up all hope :)

I know this was a year ago - but on the off chance - there are people on eBay who sell scans of old British comics on DVD.

Thanks for the suggestion, I did end up buying some off Ebay but it still irks me that I can't find where to download them from!
Aug 8th, 2017, 6:18 pm

Listening to now

Blake Crouch Dark Matter
Aug 21st, 2017, 5:01 am
I finished reading Superior Iron Man and it left me feeling quite...strange. I found some of it hilarious, but the ending made me quite sad. Any thoughts on Superior Iron Man?
Aug 21st, 2017, 5:01 am
Oct 2nd, 2017, 2:41 pm
I'm not that much online. Please report dead links of my releases to Guy1731 Image or flawlessdreamer Image. Thank you.
Oct 2nd, 2017, 2:41 pm
Nov 24th, 2017, 12:33 am
Hi I hope I can ask this here..

I downloaded a comic in .epub format and it opens on both my epub and cbr reader but the problem is : on my epub reader I can't zoom the page, or it gets zoomed but the image remains the same, unmoved.

in the cbr reader it zooms in but the letters become very blurry and I realized the epub comics can't be converted to cbr. so, any solution?

my epub reader is FB Reader and the cbr reader is CDisplayEx
Nov 24th, 2017, 12:33 am