If it does not belong anywhere else and has to do with Android post it here.
Jan 20th, 2019, 7:34 pm
Ive used various Kindle e-readers and tablets for many years now and they all have the problem of a short battery life. I read quite a lot and have to keep the Kindle tethered to an extension cord most of the time or the battery goes dead. I cant afford a Paperwhite, which would solve my problem, so Im wondering if an inexpensive older Nook would be any better than the Kindle. I dont need an e-reader to go online or run apps, only to last all day reading e-books without having to recharge the battery.

Any advice or suggestions ...?
Jan 20th, 2019, 7:34 pm
Jan 21st, 2019, 6:22 am
Have you considered getting a used paper white?
Jan 21st, 2019, 6:22 am
Jan 21st, 2019, 4:04 pm
Hi jkxs. Thats one of the options Ive considered and anyway I dont have the money to buy a new one. Ive bought 8 used androids for various projects and all worked fine so buying used is not a problem. But Ive always been curious about the Nook and and done a little research on it but the battery issue made me wonder if it was any better than the Kindle. Rooting the one of my Kindles is also an option but Ive never tried rooting anything yet. So Im still looking at all my options and and also curious to see if the Nook would offer a better platform for my purpose.
Jan 21st, 2019, 4:04 pm
Mar 13th, 2019, 6:34 am
The battery life is about the same for e-ink readers.
Mar 13th, 2019, 6:34 am
Apr 23rd, 2019, 4:02 am
The battery life for tablets will be much less as tablets use a LCD or OLED display that is designed for multi-media usage and not for reading ebooks.
Apr 23rd, 2019, 4:02 am