If it does not belong anywhere else and has to do with Android post it here.
Mar 8th, 2020, 7:50 pm
Hello All,

Though I'm a old user I have these questions from long time.

Normally after downloading the app I scan the APK with VirusTotal. If it detects below 3/4 i will install the app. But recently have seen somewhere that with Modded apps we may have privacy issues and data leakage problems.

All the modded apps uploading in this forum are secured? Would moderator scan and analyze every upload or the users uploads just like that?

I want to know how to scan/analyze the app with regarding privacy issues.. is it possible to Modder to share the personal user data in app background process without knowing user? As we are giving storage, camera permissions like other apps we installed from playstore.

How to check these issues? Is there any workaround to confirm this app was safe to use? To confirm No data leakage problems and No privacy issues.

Sorry if this looks very silly but don't know where to post..
Mar 8th, 2020, 7:50 pm
Mar 8th, 2020, 9:09 pm
Really good question, I am looking forward for an answer to this!
Mar 8th, 2020, 9:09 pm

akaMePs
Mar 9th, 2020, 12:06 pm
Then if a modder infect users with virus what will he gain,
Mar 9th, 2020, 12:06 pm
Mar 9th, 2020, 1:07 pm
AKAMPA SYRUS wrote:Then if a modder infect users with virus what will he gain,
Then why the hell these scanners and antivirus apps exists? If not there is no risk? Also requested about privacy issues too, if you know plz let me know
Mar 9th, 2020, 1:07 pm
Mar 26th, 2020, 10:52 pm
I don`t know where to ask this question but I guess all try here, so I downloaded the new updated mobilism apk from here and been using it but today I scanned it for something to do and it says it`s got a Trojan - - > Trojan.Android.Appsad.fkmzlo what`s up with that Lol? scanned at virus total
Mar 26th, 2020, 10:52 pm
Mar 26th, 2020, 10:59 pm
Billybobbybush wrote:I don`t know where to ask this question but I guess all try here, so I downloaded the new updated mobilism apk from here and been using it but today I scanned it for something to do and it says it`s got a Trojan - - > Trojan.Android.Appsad.fkmzlo what`s up with that Lol? scanned at virus total
Because I scanned the previous version and it was clean so I don`t understand why this version isn`t, any explanation? I assume it`s going to be said that it`s a false positive or whatever?
Mar 26th, 2020, 10:59 pm
Mar 26th, 2020, 11:15 pm
Billybobbybush wrote:
Billybobbybush wrote:I don`t know where to ask this question but I guess all try here, so I downloaded the new updated mobilism apk from here and been using it but today I scanned it for something to do and it says it`s got a Trojan - - > Trojan.Android.Appsad.fkmzlo what`s up with that Lol? scanned at virus total
Because I scanned the previous version and it was clean so I don`t understand why this version isn`t, any explanation? I assume it`s going to be said that it`s a false positive or whatever?
https://imgur.com/LjrlgEb
Mar 26th, 2020, 11:15 pm
Sep 2nd, 2020, 11:38 am
signup1 wrote:Hello All,

Though I'm a old user I have these questions from long time.

Normally after downloading the app I scan the APK with VirusTotal. If it detects below 3/4 i will install the app. But recently have seen somewhere that with Modded apps we may have privacy issues and data leakage problems.

All the modded apps uploading in this forum are secured? Would moderator scan and analyze every upload or the users uploads just like that?

I want to know how to scan/analyze the app with regarding privacy issues.. is it possible to Modder to share the personal user data in app background process without knowing user? As we are giving storage, camera permissions like other apps we installed from playstore.

How to check these issues? Is there any workaround to confirm this app was safe to use? To confirm No data leakage problems and No privacy issues.

Sorry if this looks very silly but don't know where to post..

I do respect all the modders here for their time and hard work they put into to help us get all paid apps for free :D I really wonder how they must be making money by providing paid apps for free just with the mirror links.

But I had a very confusing experience from few days back that I would like to share.
I had downloaded Wps Wpa tester app from here(I don't remember the modders name) and faced high cpu usage and the device started lagging :shock: . I uninstalled the app and reinstalled the same version via play store and it was working fine without any high cpu usage and lag :? . Though I had to bear those pesky ads which the modded app wasn't having. But this experience got me little worried about the safety of the apps provided here. Why was the app using more than required cpu? Lag? It was running the entire time in the background and the lagging of device only stopped once I uninstalled the app. Though this was a single instance that I had faced till now but still it got me worried about the safety and privacy.

Can anyone please help to clarify this doubt or advice any measures we can take while downloading apps to be on a safer side or help us with names of verified modders we can trust?

I just don't want to go into the delimma of thinking about the privacy issues while using apps provided from the awesome platform.

Hope my concerns are taken in a positive manner and a appropriate answer is provided. :)
Sep 2nd, 2020, 11:38 am
Dec 31st, 2020, 9:08 pm
I use this to scan everything I download.
https://www.virustotal.com/gui/
I also suggest using Malwarebytes on all your devices, mobile, laptop etc.
As for privacy, this would be a good start.
search.php?keywords=spyware&fid%5B%5D=0&sc=1&sr=topics&sf=titleonly
And of course there's this sticky, posted right at the top of this section.
viewtopic.php?f=413&t=641402
Dec 31st, 2020, 9:08 pm

"Snowflake" is a derogatory slang term for a person who has an unwarranted sense of entitlement or are overly-emotional, easily offended, and unable to deal with opposing opinions.
Oct 15th, 2021, 10:18 am
Really good question, I am looking forward for an answer to this!
Oct 15th, 2021, 10:18 am