Discuss Android devices here.
Nov 30th, 2014, 11:49 pm
Hello all,
I hope this is the right place to ask (if not, please move the thread accordingly). I wonder what happens to my Kindle and the books on it if I delete my Amazon account. Is it possible to use it somehow without an active Amazon account? What happens if I turn off the flight mode after deletion?
best regards,

T.

p.s.: I follow societal and tech trends closely... and I don't like what I see. I have a kindle paperwhite since when I came out first and love it. What I don't love at all is the way Amazon handles its lowest employees, and it seems to be getting worse each year.
Additionally, the bookshops (and other stores) in my area increasingly tend to close their doors, the answer often was "because of Amazon". I don't want my children to grow up in towns without local (book)stores.
I also noticed that there's a kind of network effect - being, me using the site more often than not as a first stop to see what product X might cost as Amazon does have everything in their database and then stay there because it's the cheapest offer around. My ethics increasingly clash with my actions as a customer which is why I asked the questions above.
Nov 30th, 2014, 11:49 pm
Jan 15th, 2015, 8:12 pm
I believe when you close your account the books stay on your device.
The device can be used to add and read books using the fantastic program called Calibre E-book manager
Jan 15th, 2015, 8:12 pm

Not a lot here
Feb 10th, 2018, 2:50 am
If you have any Kindle Unlimited books on your Paperwhite, these will be deleted, as they were only on loan. All your other books, paid for, or sideloaded, will remain. Make sure you download all the stuff you want to keep on it before you cancel your account.

"My ethics increasingly clash with my actions ....".
I do wonder about this sentiment though. You say you want to continue using your Paperwhite. ...With sideloaded books from here? Bit hypocritical.
Feb 10th, 2018, 2:50 am
Sep 16th, 2018, 10:51 pm
Books uploaded by you will remain on your device
Sep 16th, 2018, 10:51 pm