Discuss Android devices here.
May 10th, 2019, 2:26 pm
I have had all Samsung up to S8 and for the last year been using the Xiaomi Note 5AI,I am in Europe so have the global edition and I am extremely impressed,build and value for money excellent and just had upgrade to pie!!,all for 200 euros.
May 10th, 2019, 2:26 pm
Apr 19th, 2020, 8:40 am
I've had everything under the son, My OnePlus 7 pro is hands down the finest piece of mobile awesome sauce i've ever owned.
Apr 19th, 2020, 8:40 am
Jul 14th, 2020, 4:33 pm
I used a ZTE for 7 years and it has been very reliable, it was more the android software that sucked. I've now switched to Samsung but still stuck with android.
I was put off getting another Chinese brand due to the spyware allegations, but apart from that I think they do offer better value for your money, or though not as much now as they used to.

Even Samsung have spyware allegations
https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Note10/Chinese-Spyware-Pre-Installed-on-All-Samsung-Phones-amp-Tablets/td-p/1056133
so do Apple , Windows phones etc.
Jul 14th, 2020, 4:33 pm
Jul 17th, 2020, 5:28 am
Alkemyst wrote:I used a ZTE for 7 years and it has been very reliable, it was more the android software that sucked. I've now switched to Samsung but still stuck with android.
I was put off getting another Chinese brand due to the spyware allegations, but apart from that I think they do offer better value for your money, or though not as much now as they used to.

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Note10/Chinese-Spyware-Pre-Installed-on-All-Samsung-Phones-amp-Tablets/td-p/1056133

Considering the US Government is already spying on everybody on the planet anyway, does it really matter. Snowden has already pointed out that the US Government has access to everybody's social media accounts, anything Google or Apple related. Plus most of the world has been using Huawei devices in their networking infrastructure for decades. So if the Chinese Government wanted access to everybodys data, then they already have it anyway.
Jul 17th, 2020, 5:28 am
Jul 20th, 2020, 3:36 pm
DarkGuyver wrote:
Alkemyst wrote:I used a ZTE for 7 years and it has been very reliable, it was more the android software that sucked. I`ve now switched to Samsung but still stuck with android.

Considering the US Government is already spying on everybody on the planet anyway, does it really matter. Snowden has already pointed out that the US Government has access to everybody`s social media accounts, anything Google or Apple related. Plus most of the world has been using Huawei devices in their networking infrastructure for decades. So if the Chinese Government wanted access to everybodys data, then they already have it anyway.
chinese spyware phoned
Jul 20th, 2020, 3:36 pm
Sep 26th, 2020, 12:44 pm
ATM using a Huawei p30 and loving it, chose this as you can add a memory card albeit it has to be a Huawei one but doubles the memory.
regular updates and never gone wrong.
Although the play store ban doesnt bother me I have no idea where to go ?
Sep 26th, 2020, 12:44 pm

Not a lot here
Nov 24th, 2020, 4:34 am
penes6660 wrote:
DarkGuyver wrote:
Alkemyst wrote:I used a ZTE for 7 years and it has been very reliable, it was more the android software that sucked. I`ve now switched to Samsung but still stuck with android.

Considering the US Government is already spying on everybody on the planet anyway, does it really matter. Snowden has already pointed out that the US Government has access to everybody`s social media accounts, anything Google or Apple related. Plus most of the world has been using Huawei devices in their networking infrastructure for decades. So if the Chinese Government wanted access to everybodys data, then they already have it anyway.
chinese spyware phoned
Id rather China have my data than the NSA (though in this case its probably just that both are now getting it). What the hell is China going to do with your data thats so concerning?
Nov 24th, 2020, 4:34 am
Nov 24th, 2020, 4:36 am
honeynutcheerios wrote:
penes6660 wrote:
DarkGuyver wrote:

chinese spyware phoned
Id rather China have my data than the NSA (though in this case its probably just that both are now getting it). What the hell is China going to do with your data thats so concerning?
And also just realised im replying to a year old thread. God i suck.
Nov 24th, 2020, 4:36 am
May 10th, 2022, 6:17 am
Does anyone have any experience with honor phones? They have a decent looking. Linup spec wise, but do they live up to it?
May 10th, 2022, 6:17 am
May 10th, 2022, 10:39 pm
DarkGuyver wrote:I would only recommend getting one made by a well known brand like Huawei or ZTE as those brands have a higher QC inspection rate than other Chinese smartphone manufacturers.
Make sure you can unlock the bootloader, and install custom rom of your liking, hardware top, software flop!
May 10th, 2022, 10:39 pm