Discuss internal Android hardware as well as accessories such as GPS receivers, keyboards, memory cards, cables, etc. here.
Jun 1st, 2019, 4:23 pm
Specifically thinking of implications to Huwaei phones and tablets.
Jun 1st, 2019, 4:23 pm
Jun 3rd, 2019, 4:09 am
huawei is a top brand (than apple in china ) phones already announced and getting ready to launch will not impact (like mate x) but the upcoming phones will not have Google Play services officially (unofficially u can install all the frameworks ). however huawei is coming up with a new solution .
Jun 3rd, 2019, 4:09 am
Jun 3rd, 2019, 5:10 am
Trump is making a much larger mess than Bush Jr did, when he was president. If Trump keeps this up China and probably allot of other countries are gonna stop doing business in the US.
Jun 3rd, 2019, 5:10 am
Jun 4th, 2019, 7:42 pm
If Huawei can spend so much on RnD, it can potentially develop its own OS, be it based on AOSP or something they develop from scratch. Either way, they`re one of the big giants and an embargo is not enough to put them down. But I do believe that the 5g network needs extensive testing before launch.
Jun 4th, 2019, 7:42 pm
Jun 12th, 2019, 9:10 am
Evanleslie wrote:If Huawei can spend so much on RnD, it can potentially develop its own OS, be it based on AOSP or something they develop from scratch. Either way, they`re one of the big giants and an embargo is not enough to put them down. But I do believe that the 5g network needs extensive testing before launch.

Huawei has already started working on their own OS for a while now. I believe they started working a few years ago.
Jun 12th, 2019, 9:10 am
Oct 9th, 2019, 10:35 am
When Huawei switches to its own OS, Google will lose a larger percentage of users.
Oct 9th, 2019, 10:35 am