Discuss internal Android hardware as well as accessories such as GPS receivers, keyboards, memory cards, cables, etc. here.
Jan 28th, 2013, 1:19 pm
What is the coolest gadget around to use with your Android?

Gadgets, external devices to use, control, command or read with an Android phone or tablet. By Bluetooth or Wi-fi, infrared or wired...You know any? You have any? What do you use it for? Share your experience, please?

Coolest gadget list:

I found this one:

Sphero is a completely new type of gaming system with over 20 apps available and more on the way!

It's the world's first robotic ball that you control with a tilt, touch, or swing from your smartphone or tablet. Drive Sphero, play tabletop and multiplayer games, hold Sphero in your hand to use it as a controller for on-screen gameplay, learn basic programming, and even explore augmented reality.

Link:

Back to Coolest gadget list...
Jan 28th, 2013, 1:44 pm
And this one:

Bluetooth Car BBZ201-A0

Image Image

- Intuitive motion control using mobile's orientation sensor or touch-screen button interface
- Super fast motor with full directional steering capability
- Requires 3X AA batteries
- Compatible with Android 2.1 Smartphones and above, Nokia Symbian^3 & S60 3rd & 5th editions

Link:

Jan 28th, 2013, 1:44 pm
Feb 4th, 2013, 9:05 am

The Magic Cube is an ultra-portable, full-sized projection keyboard; it is essentially a magic in a box

The Magic Cube is a compact and versatile product; it is a projection keyboard and multi-touch mouse, all in one easy-to-use product. It connects easily to any Bluetooth HID devices, including the latest iPhone, iPad and Android devices. You can also plug-n-play with Windows and Mac OS devices via USB connection.

With just a single flick of a switch, the Magic Cube is ready to pair wirelessly with your mobile device. It fits easily in your pocket and it is perfect for on the go. You'll be sure to turn heads the moment you start typing on the Magic Cube.

Compatible OS: iOS 4 and later, Mac OS 10 and later, Android 2.2 and later, Windows XP/Vista/7 and later, and any device with Bluetooth HID support.

(source)

Feb 4th, 2013, 9:05 am
Feb 4th, 2013, 2:56 pm

Chainpus Bluetooth Gamepad BGP 100

This is the world's first universal bluetooth GamePad for Windows CE and Symbian OS mobile phones.

Turn your mobile phone or PDA into the ultimate gaming machine! This lightweight, foldable, Bluetooth device is the ideal companion for those with a passion for phone games. Not only do the superior gaming controls enable you to take your gaming experience to another level, it significantly reduces wear and tear on your mobile device.

(source)

Feb 4th, 2013, 2:56 pm
Feb 12th, 2013, 9:58 am
Auto Mee S - Robotic tablet cleaner

The robotic device, called the Auto Mee S, slides around the glass display of any phone or tablet, cleaning the display to a perfect shine with two rotating cleaning pads. It can sense the edges of your device to avoid falling off (and breaking from the minimal fall, of course), and completes the cleaning job in about 8 minutes for a tablet or 4 minutes for a phone.
(source)

Feb 12th, 2013, 9:58 am
Mar 5th, 2013, 7:34 am
For me the coolest gadget is WiFi charging plate.
Mar 5th, 2013, 7:34 am

I am Daniel Jones. I work on Java and HTML5 Android Application Development Languages. I enjoys exploring apps on iOS and Android platforms.
Jan 12th, 2014, 10:05 am
Image Image

BLUECOMBO BCP-61

• Bluetooth® 4.0 Smart Bicycle Speed and cadence sensor in-one.
  • Compatible with all Bluetooth® 4.0 Smart Ready enabled devices.
  • Enables use of Smartphone apps in poor GPS signal conditions, and for exercise inside.
  • Crank and spoke magnet included.
  • Battery included.
  • Available at the better bicycle shops...

Bluetooth® Smart is the intelligent, power-friendly version of Bluetooth wireless technology. While the power-efficiency of Bluetooth Smart makes it perfect for devices needing to run off a tiny battery for long periods, the magic of Bluetooth Smart is its ability to work with an application on the smartphone or tablet you already own. Bluetooth Smart makes it easy for developers and OEMs to create solutions that will work with the billions of Bluetooth enabled products already in the market today.

Bluecombo works with these smartphone apps (and probably more) (please let me know):

• Strava
  • Wahoo Fitness
  • MapMyRide
  • Runtastic Road Bike
  • Cyclemeter

Available for iPhone, Android, and/or other devices.

Instructions for pairing BLUECOMBO with your Smartphone: (Closed Filehost) https://hugefiles.net/3gzp2ajokkfe/BBB-Cycling_Tutorial_iOS-app-pairing.pdf

Jan 12th, 2014, 10:05 am
Jan 12th, 2014, 5:45 pm
Image Image

BLUEPULSE BCP-62

• Bluetooth® 4.0 Smart Heart rate sensor .
  • Compatible with all Bluetooth® 4.0 Smart Ready enabled devices.
  • Washable elastic fabric belt included.
  • Battery included.
  • Available at the better bicycle shops...

Bluetooth® Smart is the intelligent, power-friendly version of Bluetooth wireless technology. While the power-efficiency of Bluetooth Smart makes it perfect for devices needing to run off a tiny battery for long periods, the magic of Bluetooth Smart is its ability to work with an application on the smartphone or tablet you already own. Bluetooth Smart makes it easy for developers and OEMs to create solutions that will work with the billions of Bluetooth enabled products already in the market today.

BLUEPULSE works with these smartphone apps (and probably more) (please let me know):

• Strava
  • Wahoo Fitness
  • MapMyRide
  • Runtastic Road Bike
  • Cyclemeter

Available for iPhone, Android, and/or other devices.

Jan 12th, 2014, 5:45 pm
Aug 2nd, 2016, 9:13 am
Coolest gadget? The Superbook!

The Superbook is a shell that turns your Android smartphone into a complete laptop. Get the freedom of using just one computer.

Your smartphone is an incredibly powerful computer.

You already do a lot on your smartphone: it's convenient, portable, and holds all of your apps, files, and contacts.

In fact, you could accomplish a lot more with it, but are often held back by its small screen size and limited mobile interface.

That's why we created the Superbook - to remove those restrictions and give you the freedom of using just one computer.

Back this project here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/an ... a-laptop-f

The more backers, the more options they will add. Only a few days to go!

Aug 2nd, 2016, 9:13 am
Aug 2nd, 2016, 10:05 am
Playbulb candle.

A Bluetooth-controlled lightning candle.

Wireless. Flameless. Fun! Enjoy colors, embrace fun and enhance your environment with PLAYBULB candle. We created PLAYBULB candle simply because life should be colorful and fun. PLAYBULB candle brings thousands of shades of your favorite colors to your room, desk or open space. Get creative! Want to "blow it out" like it's a real candle? You can! Need a real flame for an event or moment? Flip PLAYBULB candle upside down and it's a beautiful votive holder. It is handy, smart and safe for all ages. Compatible with Apple and Android devices, you can download the PLAYBULB X app and start using your candle immediately.

I have one. It can be used with or without the smartphone app. It's cool and beautiful.:wink: - Zach

Back to the Coolest gadget list...
Aug 2nd, 2016, 10:05 am
Aug 2nd, 2016, 11:44 am
Charger SkyRC NC2500

Image Image

SkyRC mainly makes equipment for RC, that is chargers, power supplies, controllers and measurement equipment. This charger is a four channel analyzing charger, i.e. it can both charge and discharge batteries. It has a Bluetooth link and a app can be downloaded to monitored and control the charger from a phone (Android or iPhone).

I have a SkyRC charger for a while. It is a nice working charger in combination with the smartphone app. You need to study a bit about charging principles, but once you you're used to it you shall be amazed what you can get out of those little batteries once you start tweaking the charging settings. Very cool! - Zach

Aug 2nd, 2016, 11:44 am
Aug 2nd, 2016, 12:02 pm
Dyson Pure Cool Link Air Purifier

Image Image

The Dyson Pure Cool Link Air Purifier is a Wi-Fi-connected fan that cleans the air in your home. It uses an array of sensors, a 360-degree HEPA filter, and a motor to monitor indoor air quality, automatically remove pollutants, and of course, to blow air. The fan can get noisy at high settings, but if you're looking for a sleek, high-tech air purifier and cost isn't a concern, the Dyson Pure Cool Link is an attractive option.

Surprise surprise... I have one in my bed room. I put it in 'silent' mode at night, and switch to automatic during the day. It's WiFi controlled, so I can tweak controls when I'm away. Great device, and... very cool! :D - Zach

Aug 2nd, 2016, 12:02 pm
Aug 2nd, 2016, 12:31 pm
Q7 Full HD 1080P WiFi P2P Mini Camera Digital Video Recorder

Features
This MIni DV is a High-definition video recorder with simple operation or sound control, elegant design, small size, it is easy yo carry. It is an essential utility in business, education, security, media, justice, tourism, health care, living and other field.
1. 100% brand new and high quality
2. Ultra-small size of alloy airframe integration design, a variety of occasions to facilitate easy recording / monitoring.
3. Recorded the impact of voice-activated trigger function to facilitate the deployment of video, a longer time, you want the recorded images.
4. With PC camera function. The network relax to enjoy life.
5. AVI format video recording, broadcast convenience PC, to easily upload video. illumination, 2 million high-definition camera
6. High-speed dynamic video, instant response to light environment.
7. Build-in rechargeable lithium battery. Under fully charged, camera work time between 1 hour
8. Support up to 32GB T-flash card. (TF card not included)

ok, I confess: I am a gadget freak. I have two Q7 camera's (they only costed about 14 $ so that's waaay below their gadget value). They have amazing clarity and great settings, controlled by wifi, though I didn't manage yet to make them recording images. I don't care, I still find them cool! - Zach

Aug 2nd, 2016, 12:31 pm
Aug 2nd, 2016, 12:36 pm
You have any questions about the gadgets posted here? Please post and you could get an answer. That's also cool!

And of course you are free to post here the gadgets that you like or own, as long as they can be connected/controlled by your smartphone. ;)
Aug 2nd, 2016, 12:36 pm