Discuss internal Android hardware as well as accessories such as GPS receivers, keyboards, memory cards, cables, etc. here.
Jul 15th, 2013, 11:05 pm
i have been trying to follow this guide http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2221039
but it's flawed and just doesn't work. First of all, when you power the phone up by holding simultaneously the volume down and power button, upon selecting "Fastboot" and pressing power like the tutorial says, I am instead presented with more options, which wasn't indicated on this tutorial, so I just choose reboot.. Don't think that achieved anything really?
On another step you are supposed to go into sdk tools "To find adb.exe, AdbWinApi.dll, look in \android-sdk-windows\platform-tools"
i cannot find this folder in the c or e drive, in program files or program filesx86. I downloaded the google android sdk manager as I thought that must do the trick and installed the two apps it said to install, mainly "Please install Android SDK Platform Tools and Android SDK Tools"
But once again real life doesn't behave as the tutorial expected, because the root directory for the android sdk folder seems to be in the temp directory and there are no abd.exe or abdwinapi.dll files anywhere to be found????

Can someone please please help me root my phone! a tutorial that actually works and is more intuitive would be greatly appreciated..
My phone is UNLOCKED . I am definitely not a novice, but how can I follow a tutorial step by step if what I am seeing is different from what the tutorial says I should see?
Jul 15th, 2013, 11:05 pm