Discuss internal Android hardware as well as accessories such as GPS receivers, keyboards, memory cards, cables, etc. here.
Mar 3rd, 2014, 2:07 pm
Hi there, not quite sure if this is the proper forum to ask this, but you might be able to help me!

I was wondering if anyone has any idea why my phone wont play videos or sound through mhl hdmi on tv
menus and pictures works fine, but when i try to play a video it plays on phone but on tv screen just turns dark.
I am having Xperia T running cyanogenMod 10.2.0-mint (4.3.1 android).

Any help ideas would be greatly appreciated.

(so far I tried playing music, and opening any videos with default player and mx player, on all hdmi hangs. (black screen).
Mar 3rd, 2014, 2:07 pm
Mar 4th, 2014, 9:53 am
Have you tested that HDMI MHL cable on any other android device to see if it does the same thing? If it doesn't then I think it's a problem with your Xperia T's firmware. I would recommend you install the stock Sony firmware back onto your Xperia T and see if that remedies your problem.
Mar 4th, 2014, 9:53 am
Mar 4th, 2014, 10:03 am
Yea tested with samsung galaxy 2 and 4. worked fine there.

Good idea I actually thought a problem must be in firmware as from yesterday my phone started to hang and reboot after even plugging it on hdmi mhl cable.

Thanks for a suggestion ill try it out.
Mar 4th, 2014, 10:03 am
Mar 5th, 2014, 10:35 am
Yeah, it definitely sounds like a firmware issue. Which can occur from time to time when using custom firmware. That is the reason why I would only recommend using Stock Firmware supplied by the device's manufacturer.

I hope that will solve your problem.
Mar 5th, 2014, 10:35 am