Discuss Android apps here.
Feb 11th, 2018, 9:50 am
Hi

after having installed a pub app cracked by your team, I have now systematically an android system message each time Wifi connexion is done or lost.
I have removed the concerned app but the message is still there.
Any way to remove it?

Thx
Rman31
Feb 11th, 2018, 9:50 am
Feb 12th, 2018, 9:05 pm
Greetings Rman31!

There isn't really a "team" of releasers on Mobilism as they are independent providers of their own patched releases, and there are many of them here who post daily. More information from you would be required to attempt to track the problem you are experiencing due to almost none given. Such useful information would include:

• App name and version number.
  • A direct link to the app you suspect caused the issue.
  • Model of your device.
  • Version of Android you are running.

This information would at least allow a way to reaearch the issue you are experiencing. Also, you posted your comment in the Android Reviews section, which is reserved for staff to post reviews and such. I moved your post to Android/Software, which is a more appropriate place.

Best regards,

- Shardz -
Feb 12th, 2018, 9:05 pm

Chief Reviewer of Android Reviews.
Feb 15th, 2018, 8:59 pm
Hi
thx for your reply
It happens some month ago, so I don't remember the game. I gone through your list in the forum but really unable to be sure about which one caused my issue.
My phone is a motorola Moto G3 with Android 6.0.1

Best regards
Rman
Feb 15th, 2018, 8:59 pm
Feb 17th, 2018, 11:00 am
The exact message is "modded by Symos// mobilism.org"
Feb 17th, 2018, 11:00 am
Feb 17th, 2018, 10:46 pm
I'm doing some research on this issue, please allow me some time to figure it out. Hopefully, there will be a way to get rid of it...though, without a release name it will be difficult. Thank you for reporting it as these types of messages within releases are not allowed on Mobilism.
Feb 17th, 2018, 10:46 pm
Feb 20th, 2018, 8:41 pm
Thanks for your support, I will wait
Feb 20th, 2018, 8:41 pm
Feb 21st, 2018, 10:26 pm
Sorry to keep you waiting for a response. I also have this same message on 2 out of 7 of my devices, so I understand what you are talking about. The good news is that this toast message is not harmful in any way, and will not affect your device. The bad news is that I'm not exactly sure which app is causing this to happen. As Mobilism does not normally support these toast messages in releases, discussion between mods and admins have not arrived at an official stance regarding this issue. I do have some information that might locate the app, however.

The app in question is:

• Is a game you have currently installed.
  • A high profile game exclusively patched for Mobilism.
  • A game that uses a savegame file, which is where the message originates.
  • A game that ends up on torrent sites with no credit to the releaser, which is why it was branded.
  • Somehow affected by WiFi connection and installing/updating/uninstalling apps, making the toast message display.

Since I have 72 games installed on my main tablet, I had to compare installed apps on other devices, and also rule out the above criteria to arrive at educated guesses, which has not been an easy feat. Since the game is somehow linked to a savegame file, you would lose all progress by uninstalling it, which could be undesirable depending on how much you have played it.

So far, my main guess I have come up with is Pinball Arcade. If you have this installed, I suspect this might be the one. It meets all criteria of the above list exactly, and is always taken from Mobilism and uploaded on torrent sites. If you do not have Pinball Arcade installed, then more research will be required to hunt down the exact source. I wish I had more info to give you at this time, but it's a process trying to track down a release with no name like this.

- Shardz -
Feb 21st, 2018, 10:26 pm

Chief Reviewer of Android Reviews.
Feb 22nd, 2018, 7:38 pm
Hi,

thx for your support
I have this issue since month so I know it is harmless: i mainly report it because I don't like this way of working.
It is a game I have installed through ACmarket and i'm sure it is not Pinball Arcade (it could be also Pinball but in this case not the only one)
I have uninstall this app since a long time (it is why I can not remember it) but still have the message.
Feb 22nd, 2018, 7:38 pm
Feb 23rd, 2018, 8:09 am
A flash: it could be the game "panthera frontier": 60% confident
Feb 23rd, 2018, 8:09 am
Mar 10th, 2018, 9:20 am
no news?
Mar 10th, 2018, 9:20 am