Discuss Android apps here.
Aug 6th, 2019, 2:01 pm
Hey,
For years I have been on Apple and have been jealous of Android users who could do almost anything they want, which as an Apple user I could not .

Recently I moved to Samsung and found that actually with very basic thing, Android has one big limitation (unless I havent found the solution which is hidden) .......

When using the Wathsapp, I don't want photos I get will automatic be store in the gallery due to both storage issue and content I don't want that they will find their way to the gallery ...... hence I turned off the auto save option when every photo i do want to save i will have to chose and save it.

At Apple this option was really simple, I would go into a chat and pick the photos I was interested in and save.
BUT on the Android, I can't save photos in the Watsapp gallery at all (at least I didn't find any save button or other).

The solution I found to be pretty shitty is to pick an image and then click on the three dots of the options that appear at the top of the screen, choose Share and then select Upload to Image (which is Google's cloud), even if it is a solution i cn live with , it is unclear why once more than one image is selected the three dots for the option menu where i can choose the upload option disappearing so i can only upload one photo at a time.

Is there something I miss or is it a punishment for not allowing Watsapp to automatically save in the gallery ??
Aug 6th, 2019, 2:01 pm
Aug 23rd, 2019, 8:04 pm
Whatsapp have option to download media only while clicking.

You can even try moded whatsapp.

Android has no drawbacks compared to Iphone. Both apps are made by Facebook. They dnt have any attraction to IPhone or Android.
Aug 23rd, 2019, 8:04 pm
Oct 16th, 2019, 2:05 am
Hi Fibola,

I have had the issue of Android showing up all my images, videos and files (from whatsapp, viber, downloads, ebooks etc) in my gallery which I definitely DID NOT want.

The easiest solution I have found is to copy an empty file called ".nomedia" (note the dot BEFORE the file name) into ANY folder that I did not want android to index.
This prevents images showing in your gallery. But you can still go into the folder using a file explorer (My Files app or ES File Explorer app etc.) to see all the media files safe and sound.

This is the way I went about creating my ".nomedia" file: (I created one and then copied it into the Whatsapp media folder, the Viber media folder and my downloads folder):
1. On your Android, install and launch the ES File Explorer app
2. Use the ES File Explorer to browse the folder that you would like to have the .nomedia file
3. Next, tap the menu button and then select New
4. Select File and then enter filename as .nomedia
5. Press Ok and that's it.

Hope this helps.
Oct 16th, 2019, 2:05 am