Discuss Android apps here.
May 14th, 2021, 4:04 pm
I have been using ESFile Explores to install all "third party" apps. I just locate a file either in the internal memory or externally in my NAS, click the file then install. On my Galaxy S21, it suddenly stop working and give an error message "Sorry, no application available". At first I thought it was a problem of a new version. I reinstalled several older version but the error was still there. It seemed like ESFile Explorer cannot link to the "package installer". Meanwhile my other tablet and TV boxes have no problem at all. Anyone know how to solve this problem please help.
May 14th, 2021, 4:04 pm
Jun 1st, 2021, 3:19 pm
Same here (Galaxy A50) It could be an android 10/11 thing.
If you haven't already sorted a solution.....
Your phone may have a file manager called 'My Files' (Samsung app) which will allow you to install apk's
I have used it a few times successfully
Jun 1st, 2021, 3:19 pm
Jun 14th, 2021, 7:38 am
Thanks for your reply. I actually use "myfiles" to install apk's after I moved the app into the internal storage. But I did not know it can access external files in my NAS. I look at it again and found it can access network drives. However, I am having problem logging in. I don't know what port number to use. Meanwhile, I am using CX File Explorer which is similar to ES.
Jun 14th, 2021, 7:38 am