Discuss Android apps here.
Sep 7th, 2020, 5:04 am
angelicachao wrote:Using 8.5.29.828 for quite a while. My version allows audio quality to be very high, there`s also a fuzzy canvas, which I don`t use often. It has started to crash recently when I try to play some of the daily playlist on the home page. should I update the app? What`s the difference between 8.5.57.1164 & 8.5.69.834?
Make sure battery optimisation is off for Spotify to prevent crashes and also very high doesn`t give you more than 160kbps, it`s just a placebo, 8.5.57... is the next best stable, 8.5.69 is the one which has extra feature unlocked `canvas share` and some ui changes but you may face `artist page not loading` issue (Spotify own bug). I think it`s been fixed in latest versions so have to wait until mrdude releases new mod.
Sep 7th, 2020, 5:04 am
Sep 10th, 2020, 5:14 am
RishavG wrote:
angelicachao wrote:Using 8.5.29.828 for quite a while. My version allows audio quality to be very high, there`s also a fuzzy canvas, which I don`t use often. It has started to crash recently when I try to play some of the daily playlist on the home page. should I update the app? What`s the difference between 8.5.57.1164 & 8.5.69.834?
Make sure battery optimisation is off for Spotify to prevent crashes and also very high doesn`t give you more than 160kbps, it`s just a placebo, 8.5.57... is the next best stable, 8.5.69 is the one which has extra feature unlocked `canvas share` and some ui changes but you may face `artist page not loading` issue (Spotify own bug). I think it`s been fixed in latest versions so have to wait until mrdude releases new mod.
Thank you for answering my question and the advice:clap: For the battery saver setting, I've always kept "No restrictions" for Spotify, but I seemed to have toggled off the autostart without noticing. I will be keeping the placebo though, makes me happy :-D
Sep 10th, 2020, 5:14 am
Sep 12th, 2020, 12:26 pm
I have a few things about the artist page not loading:
1. Could you maybe add a line to send you the type of device ppl are using?
2. For Xiaomi you could add a line about trying to deactivate MiUi-Optimizations in developer options (could delete app data of different apps) and ask for reporting back?
3. I have flashed Xiaomi.Eu Custom Rom on my device and trying 8.5.71.723 (by mr.dude). On Xiaomi.Eu the Miui-optimisations are disabled by default (Dev decision) but else as near on stock as possible (incl. security and junk scanner). Let see if this changes anything.

Edit:
Result of Point 3:
Xiaomi.eu Rom won't fix the problem.
Flashed Paranoid Rom Quartz 4, which uses a different /vendor image without all the bloatware of xiaomi.
This finallly works!

So yeah ... I still don't know what exactly is interfering here, but Miui-Optimisations aren't the problem (alone).
Switching to another rom based on ASOP/CAF/different vendor-image and getting rid of anything xiaomi related does the trick.

Don't know about huawei or oneplus devices, where this error was reported too.
Sep 12th, 2020, 12:26 pm
Sep 30th, 2020, 6:20 am
Im very sorry if this is in the wrong spot, and im sorry if this sounds like gibberish.

Is there a mod that lets you choose how spotify detects the type of device that is connected when using spotify connect?

Specifically i want spotify to recognize my xbox one as a computer so i can use the in app volume slider.
Sep 30th, 2020, 6:20 am
Oct 2nd, 2020, 12:37 pm
What is the difference between mod and mod lite version? I've always wondered about this but asking it for the first time here.
Oct 2nd, 2020, 12:37 pm
Oct 2nd, 2020, 3:38 pm
archz2 wrote:What is the difference between mod and mod lite version? I've always wondered about this but asking it for the first time here.

The lite version removes certain unneeded things, makes the app "lighter" and it basically does the same job
Oct 2nd, 2020, 3:38 pm
Oct 3rd, 2020, 11:49 am
archz2 wrote:What is the difference between mod and mod lite version? I`ve always wondered about this but asking it for the first time here.
You can check the mod Info for these.
Typically it has removed all languages but English and Russian(?), compressed graphics.

It is made for faster starting and weaker phones. (afaik)
Oct 3rd, 2020, 11:49 am
Oct 19th, 2020, 12:21 pm
Is the app really safe? Because from time to time I get emails telling me that someone is logging in my account from another country. Already changed my password like 3 times
Oct 19th, 2020, 12:21 pm
Oct 19th, 2020, 12:32 pm
gustavochagas wrote:Is the app really safe? Because from time to time I get emails telling me that someone is logging in my account from another country. Already changed my password like 3 times
Yes it`s completely safe unless you are using some pirated version of mrdude and balatan mod, I`ve been using the app for more than 4 years no issue
Oct 19th, 2020, 12:32 pm
Oct 20th, 2020, 8:27 am
sa1 wrote:Found this on internet - https://install.appcenter.ms/users/andr ... 8.5.74.834?

Even I don`t trust them but still sharing as I have scanned their build on VirusTotal and they are all clean.
Yes they have been continuously updating it and has the latest 8.5.80... too but if it`s legit or not that I don`t know cause it contains same bug of artist image not centered which is present in mrdude 8.5.70 and 8.5.71.. I`m still using 8.5.69.. which works perfect
Oct 20th, 2020, 8:27 am
Oct 22nd, 2020, 4:15 am
RishavG wrote:
sa1 wrote:Found this on internet - https://install.appcenter.ms/users/andr ... 8.5.74.834?

Even I don`t trust them but still sharing as I have scanned their build on VirusTotal and they are all clean.
Yes they have been continuously updating it and has the latest 8.5.80... too but if it`s legit or not that I don`t know cause it contains same bug of artist image not centered which is present in mrdude 8.5.70 and 8.5.71.. I`m still using 8.5.69.. which works perfect
I`ve been using your 8.5.69 for a while until I started getting the you`ve discovered a premium feature error. can`t play anything. tried logging, out, clearing data, using vpn and installing 8.5.75 but still getting the same error
Oct 22nd, 2020, 4:15 am
Oct 23rd, 2020, 12:38 pm
which version of spotify have extreme audio client-side feature ?
Oct 23rd, 2020, 12:38 pm
Oct 23rd, 2020, 12:54 pm
ab69 wrote:which version of spotify have extreme audio client-side feature ?
None
Oct 23rd, 2020, 12:54 pm