Discuss Android games here.
Mar 17th, 2020, 10:57 pm
I persuaded an elderly friend to get a Kindle HD so that she could read books without having to choose between print that is too small or large print books that are too unwieldy. So far, so good and many thanks to the indefatigable folks in the ebooks section for providing her with enough reading material.

But she is 85 and unwell and going to have to go into lockdown Real Soon Now and it would be really good for her to have some more games to play. She particularly enjoys solitaire, word search games and - above all - jigsaws. However, she has no access to the internet at all. I have managed to get things on to her kindle before now, but I am not going to be able to service the kindle for her for weeks or months to come. And she can't manage on her own and I don't want to have half-competent people messing up her kindle.

So what I need to have is some games and jigsaws which I can put on her kindle in the next few days and which will keep going even if there is no network access for weeks on end. I thought once I had found wi-fi independent jigsaws only to find that they disappeared after 30 days.

Apps don't need to be very fancy - in fact it's best if they're not too fancy, just reliable and with lots of replay options.

Oh, yes and must work in the UK.

All suggestions welcome. I've no objection to paying out modest sums if that will get premium versions which don't require you to watch their adverts or visit their servers or provide them with your connection data - all of which essentially mean that the app concerned will be "broken" after a while. And she's absolutely not going to be able to put things into airplane mode or anything like that.

Thanks for reading this

db
Mar 17th, 2020, 10:57 pm
Mar 18th, 2020, 3:43 am
Word Search Free by Lezigame.

Wordscapes; for something different.

4 Pics 1 Word; oh.. I think this would require an update but not necessarily everyday. I guess?

Buttons and Scissors by KyWorks. Its definitely one of the best offline games I played. Easy to play, some puzzle would prove to be challenging but yeah, just to kill time.
Mar 18th, 2020, 3:43 am
Mar 18th, 2020, 5:11 pm
If you have access to Google play store the company "littlebigplay" has alot of word games and even the free ones will work without being online. The paid ones only use the net for high scores. Take a look.
Mar 18th, 2020, 5:11 pm