Browsers, messengers, email clients, download utilities
Apr 17th, 2010, 10:51 pm
Handcent SMS v2.9.36 (freeware)
Requirements: Android
Overview: Handcent SMS is a free sms tools for android,unleash the full power of your phone

Full support SMS & MMS ,great customize options,different style and power function(search sms,sms popup,speak sms & T9)
Send your easter day greeting by handcent greeting
View news.handcent.com for release notes
(per request)

More Info:
Code: Select allhttp://uk.androlib.com/android.application.com-handcent-nextsms-jCzz.aspx

Download Instructions:
http://www.mediafire.com/?zd0tnzkylmm

Mirrors:
http://rapidshare.com/files/377072170/H ... 2.9.36.apk
Apr 17th, 2010, 10:51 pm

Android 2.1 @ 1Ghz :: UD v10 :: 256MB swap :: 512MB Apps2SD
:::::::::::::::::My MediaFire Files:::::::::::::::::

PM me about broken links!
Apr 18th, 2010, 2:38 am
This is FREE please download it through Market,its the only way they have to make money to carry on the good work
Apr 18th, 2010, 2:38 am
Apr 18th, 2010, 2:44 am
I advertised that it's free. You realize there are people in this world without market access right?
Apr 18th, 2010, 2:44 am

Android 2.1 @ 1Ghz :: UD v10 :: 256MB swap :: 512MB Apps2SD
:::::::::::::::::My MediaFire Files:::::::::::::::::

PM me about broken links!
Apr 19th, 2010, 2:01 am
I'm one of those people. If anyone knows how to fix Market hanging at "Starting download" but never actually starting, I would greatly appreciate it.

I saw that signing into Google Talk worked for some people but I get “Could Not Connect To Server. Will Retry Shortly.” Regular internet works just fine and I've tried pretty much everything (taking out battery, reboot, etc.)
Apr 19th, 2010, 2:01 am
Apr 19th, 2010, 2:46 am
bboru is right about not all people having access to the market. I made a comment once about the "free" apps being uploaded here. I didn't understand that there were
people who couldn't get the apps from the market.
Apr 19th, 2010, 2:46 am
Apr 19th, 2010, 7:51 pm
Freeware +5 WRZ$ reward.
Category: Internet Utilities
Apr 19th, 2010, 7:51 pm
Apr 19th, 2010, 8:54 pm
Not to get off topic here, but why would someone not have access to Android Market? Is it because you're outside the US? Because there are fixes for that you know.
Apr 19th, 2010, 8:54 pm

At&t Galaxy Note
CyanogenMod 10 Nightlies
Apr 20th, 2010, 12:23 am
toebee97 wrote:Not to get off topic here, but why would someone not have access to Android Market? Is it because you're outside the US? Because there are fixes for that you know.

I wish I knew. I live in the US and what's even more frustrating is that it use to work but after a couple of updates it stopped. I ebay'ed my phone so I won't get any love from T-mobile. But for clarification...I do have access to Market, I can search and see everything but I just can't download or install anything from it =/
Apr 20th, 2010, 12:23 am
Apr 20th, 2010, 6:27 am
Did you try to do a factory reset or reflashing your rom?
Apr 20th, 2010, 6:27 am
Apr 21st, 2010, 7:12 pm
njbianco wrote:Did you try to do a factory reset or reflashing your rom?

Yep. Many many many times.

EDIT: I'm not sure anyone cares but it seems the Market problem is due to the wifi my school provides. I went to McDonald's today to see if it would work there and lo and behold it did. I'm guessing my school is blocking a port or something that is needed for Market downloads. But since I don't live at McDonald's, this method of installation is still necessary for me.
Apr 21st, 2010, 7:12 pm
Apr 26th, 2010, 11:35 pm
tmayne wrote:I'm not sure anyone cares but it seems the Market problem is due to the wifi my school provides. I went to McDonald's today to see if it would work there and lo and behold it did. I'm guessing my school is blocking a port or something that is needed for Market downloads. But since I don't live at McDonald's, this method of installation is still necessary for me.

Without the proper settings for the school's wifi (which probably wouldn't help anyway since there's not really a way to set up a wifi proxy on Android), you'll need a "backdoor" to the internet somehow. To start, I'd suggest looking into something like this.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=447230
Apr 26th, 2010, 11:35 pm

At&t Galaxy Note
CyanogenMod 10 Nightlies