Browsers, messengers, email clients, download utilities
Mar 6th, 2020, 12:48 am
I just bought the premium service and I don't see the blue arrows on any of the files I click on. I tried random files just to check and it's still not showing up. Can I only download on the app?

I just tried downloading from the app and it wouldn't download anything. I thought the file was deleted and it downloaded fine when I clicked through to the website to download it. Is it possible to get a refund and cancel my subscription?
Mar 6th, 2020, 12:48 am
Mar 6th, 2020, 1:18 am
MoonStar342 wrote:I just bought the premium service and I don't see the blue arrows on any of the files I click on. I tried random files just to check and it's still not showing up. Can I only download on the app?

I'm not seeing the blue arrows either (chrome browser). I still had two months to go before renewal and I wasn't seeing any arrows.

I decided to renew today due to the special deal, and I'm still not seeing any arrows.

However on the android app, I can access the Premium links and download without issue.
Mar 6th, 2020, 1:18 am
Mar 6th, 2020, 4:24 am
dominici wrote:I'm not seeing the blue arrows either (chrome browser). I still had two months to go before renewal and I wasn't seeing any arrows.

I decided to renew today due to the special deal, and I'm still not seeing any arrows.

However on the android app, I can access the Premium links and download without issue.

The blue arrows are visible to anyone who is logged in, regardless of whether or not you have a Premium subscription.

1. make sure "Display Premium Downloader" is set to Yes Here (at the bottom).
2. make sure you don't have javascript disabled in your browser
3. check if an adblocker is blocking our javascript from running (such as NoScript). Make sure neither mobilism.org nor mblservices.org is blocked by your adblocker. If you're using NoScript, make sure to allow full site.
4. if you're using Chrome, try disabling its built in pop-up blocker
5. if you're located in the United Arab Emirates, see This
6. if you're located in Australia and using Telstra, you need to turn off TELSTRA Broadband Protect

One way to test what the problem could be is using a browser different from the one you typically use, without plugins and where javascript should be enabled (it's enabled by default in browsers). Alternatively you could have been looking at a release where the releaser did not use any of the supported filehosts.

MoonStar342 wrote:I just bought the premium service and I don't see the blue arrows on any of the files I click on. I tried random files just to check and it's still not showing up. Can I only download on the app?

I just tried downloading from the app and it wouldn't download anything. I thought the file was deleted and it downloaded fine when I clicked through to the website to download it. Is it possible to get a refund and cancel my subscription?

Please see my reply above. What file isn't downloading via the app? And yes, you can get a refund, PM me for that, but I'd rather see if we can fix your issue first.
Mar 6th, 2020, 4:24 am
Mar 6th, 2020, 5:20 am
Disk4mat wrote:The blue arrows are visible to anyone who is logged in, regardless of whether or not you have a Premium subscription.

1. make sure "Display Premium Downloader" is set to Yes Here (at the bottom).
2. make sure you don't have javascript disabled in your browser
3. check if an adblocker is blocking our javascript from running (such as NoScript). Make sure neither mobilism.org nor mblservices.org is blocked by your adblocker. If you're using NoScript, make sure to allow full site.
4. if you're using Chrome, try disabling its built in pop-up blocker
5. if you're located in the United Arab Emirates, see This
6. if you're located in Australia and using Telstra, you need to turn off TELSTRA Broadband Protect

One way to test what the problem could be is using a browser different from the one you typically use, without plugins and where javascript should be enabled (it's enabled by default in browsers). Alternatively you could have been looking at a release where the releaser did not use any of the supported filehosts.

I ran the mobilism site through incognito, and saw the blue arrows! It could be that my uBlock extension or Malwarebytes extension could be the culprit. I'll check it out - thanks for your suggestions!
Mar 6th, 2020, 5:20 am
Mar 6th, 2020, 9:33 am
I have no blue arrows at the moment either.

It would appear that Malwarebytes Browser Guard on Firefox is blocking them (a new setting, as I had blue arrows yesterday.)

I have disabled the Malware setting (for Mobilism forum only) on Malwarebytes Browser Guard for the blue arrows to reappear.
Mar 6th, 2020, 9:33 am
Mar 6th, 2020, 10:35 am
So it seems that I can download via firefox and incognito on chrome. But the blue arrows don't show despite following your instructions. I've enabled javascript, disabled all of my adblockers, disabled chrome's pop up blocker and I even turned my vpn off but the blue arrows don't show. So whatever it is, it's to do with chrome. Thank you for your help!
Mar 6th, 2020, 10:35 am
Mar 6th, 2020, 6:31 pm
@dominici @Godwod we have contacted malwarebytes. We've only had one issue with them in the past, in 2011, and it was resolved as soon as someone reported it to them: https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/74230-mobilismorg-safe-or-not/
If you want to disable malwarebytes's blocking, go to mblservices.org and add it to exceptions.

EDIT: https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/257348-mblservicesorg-13820137198/ - they're fixing it. :)
Mar 6th, 2020, 6:31 pm
Mar 6th, 2020, 8:28 pm
Disk4mat wrote:@dominici @Godwod we have contacted malwarebytes. We've only had one issue with them in the past, in 2011, and it was resolved as soon as someone reported it to them: https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/74230-mobilismorg-safe-or-not/
If you want to disable malwarebytes's blocking, go to mblservices.org and add it to exceptions.

EDIT: https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/257348-mblservicesorg-13820137198/ - they're fixing it. :)

Excellent news!
Thanks for the follow up and update with Malwarebytes. :thumbup:
Mar 6th, 2020, 8:28 pm
Mar 6th, 2020, 9:58 pm
I have been having trouble not being able to see they blue arrow download for quite along time now.
Thank you so much to Disk4 for helping me get my computer all tuned up. I now am able to download again and well as my computer is much faster.
Big huge thank you!!
Mar 6th, 2020, 9:58 pm
Mar 7th, 2020, 10:15 am
Once you try the premium version you just can't go back, great website, 10/10 would recommend.
Mar 7th, 2020, 10:15 am
Mar 8th, 2020, 4:10 am
Disk4mat wrote:@dominici @Godwod we have contacted malwarebytes. We've only had one issue with them in the past, in 2011, and it was resolved as soon as someone reported it to them: https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/74230-mobilismorg-safe-or-not/

And they have - the blue arrows are back!

Many thanks!
Mar 8th, 2020, 4:10 am
Mar 8th, 2020, 4:04 pm
What are the substantial benefits (I understand the second is for life, but apart from that) between a "Premium account & VIP" and a "Platinum" one? See here

donate.php

Am a bit confused; I do confess I've only tried to research this for myself for all of 10 minutes.

Wonderful site by the way. Where have you been all my life?
Mar 8th, 2020, 4:04 pm
Mar 8th, 2020, 11:53 pm
furriner wrote:What are the substantial benefits (I understand the second is for life, but apart from that) between a "Premium account & VIP" and a "Platinum" one? See here

donate.php

Am a bit confused; I do confess I've only tried to research this for myself for all of 10 minutes.

The Premium downloader for life vs Premium Downloader for a year is by far the most substantial benefit. Everything else is secondary.
Mar 8th, 2020, 11:53 pm
Mar 9th, 2020, 4:52 am
Disk4mat wrote:
furriner wrote:What are the substantial benefits (I understand the second is for life, but apart from that) between a "Premium account & VIP" and a "Platinum" one? See here

donate.php

The Premium downloader for life vs Premium Downloader for a year is by far the most substantial benefit. Everything else is secondary.

Thank you.
Mar 9th, 2020, 4:52 am
Mar 9th, 2020, 10:17 am
Why haven't I done this years ago!

Signed up for the trial yesterday, bought an account for life today!

Many thanks!!!!!
Mar 9th, 2020, 10:17 am