Browsers, messengers, email clients, download utilities
May 20th, 2012, 7:26 pm
chaudhary9 wrote:my original market disappeared for unknown reason so i installed original version from this thread n without rebooting i opened it but it didnt opened so i tried installing signed version on which it says not installed,so what should i do?
i just want the market
thanks.

use ADB and push it back in system/app/Phonesky.apk follow the instruction a few page back.
May 20th, 2012, 7:26 pm
May 20th, 2012, 8:22 pm
chargers73 wrote:its work. but after uve done all that. go to titanium backup and long press google play and convert to system app.. and ure good to go...

Ok i did this and it the store works but the mod features doesnt:

Unlimited access to apps in Google Play Store
Removed countries restriction in Google Play Store
Fixed the issue which your device is not compatible with this item in Google Play Store

any idea?
May 20th, 2012, 8:22 pm
May 20th, 2012, 8:45 pm
that is what i want to know too
May 20th, 2012, 8:45 pm
May 25th, 2012, 8:28 am
Hi Guys,

I have tried the 2 differents posts about "Google Play" but none of them work on my rooted HTC One X :(

I'm living in China and I'm really interested to make it work as it make's me mad each time I see a good app that I can not buy or download due to local stupid regulations...
May 25th, 2012, 8:28 am
May 26th, 2012, 1:54 am
I was finally able to install Signed version by following djidji777 and chargers73 recommendations.
Thank you, boys!

This is what I did:

1. Download MOD Signed version.
2. Open Titanium Backup > Backup/Restore tab.
3. Tap on Google Play.
4. Press "Wipe" and then "Uninstall".
5. Switch to your file manager (I didn't need to restart).
6. Install MOD Signed version, Don't open it after installed.
7. Switch to Titanium Backup and refresh app list.
8. Keep pressing Google Play until "Special Features" menu appears.
9. Navigate to the bottom and press "convert to system app".
10. Exit Titanium Backup.

As said, it worked.
I'm using a rooted Huawei U8350 with Android 2.2

PD: If someone knows about a mod/custom ROM for this phone, please... tell me ;)
May 26th, 2012, 1:54 am
May 27th, 2012, 10:04 am
maxee wrote:
infinitely wrote:Fixed the issue which your device is not compatible with this item in Google Play Store
This mod doesn't work.
The compatibility message is gone but you cannot install such apps cause there will be an error.
You still have to set the density to 240 and wait some time to be able to install such apps.
I found that LCD Density Modder Pro is the only solution that really works.
All the so called mods are crap and don't allow you to install 'non compatible' apps. I tried them.

There is even a tutorial on the web about modding the Google Play Store.
It actually describes how you have to mod and recompile Vending.apk AND GoogleServicesFramework.apk, which is what LCD Density Modder Pro actually does.
So all the mods like the one in this thread are incomplete and cannot work.
You can find the tutorial e.g. here.

I really wonder why it is so hard for this L.D.B. guy to realize all this over so many versions of the Google Play Store as this is not his first so called mod...
Doesn't he read all the negative feedback which is given on XDA, here and many other places?!
May 27th, 2012, 10:04 am
May 27th, 2012, 11:48 am
http://imgur.com/W531M this is what I'm getting.

I cut and paste the vending.apk file to my sd card.
I installed the signed .apk and this is the message that I got.

Did I do something wrong?
May 27th, 2012, 11:48 am

May 27th, 2012, 2:59 pm
maxee wrote:
maxee wrote:
infinitely wrote:Fixed the issue which your device is not compatible with this item in Google Play Store
This mod doesn't work.
The compatibility message is gone but you cannot install such apps cause there will be an error.
You still have to set the density to 240 and wait some time to be able to install such apps.
I found that LCD Density Modder Pro is the only solution that really works.
All the so called mods are crap and don't allow you to install 'non compatible' apps. I tried them.

There is even a tutorial on the web about modding the Google Play Store.
It actually describes how you have to mod and recompile Vending.apk AND GoogleServicesFramework.apk, which is what LCD Density Modder Pro actually does.
So all the mods like the one in this thread are incomplete and cannot work.
You can find the tutorial e.g. here.

I really wonder why it is so hard for this L.D.B. guy to realize all this over so many versions of the Google Play Store as this is not his first so called mod...
Doesn't he read all the negative feedback which is given on XDA, here and many other places?!

Thanks for the link, yea no kidding, most fucking useless mod EVER. Don't know why people kept releasing this crap which doesn't even work. While everyone claim to work, yea installation works! so excited ... -.-
May 27th, 2012, 2:59 pm
May 29th, 2012, 4:16 am
so there's no newer LCD Density Modder Pro version which have 3.5.19 modded?
May 29th, 2012, 4:16 am
Jun 12th, 2012, 12:59 pm
to anyone having problems with installing the signed version, follow these steps:

*REQUIREMENTS*
+ rooted phone
+ titanium backup pro installed + patched with lucky patcher

- uninstall google play store using titanium backup
- reboot your phone
- install signed apk downloaded from first post
- convert newly installed play store with titanium backup to system app
- profit! :lol: (if no go, reboot once more ;))

many thanks to the modder, uploader and poster! :mrgreen:
Jun 12th, 2012, 12:59 pm
Jun 12th, 2012, 2:22 pm
it works step by step tutorial
well done
works on my motorola xoom ics 4.0.4
Jun 12th, 2012, 2:22 pm