Browsers, messengers, email clients, download utilities
Apr 7th, 2021, 2:53 pm
I installed this, everything seemed to be working smoothly, except when I set my location to Canada and typed in "Where am I" in Google, it nailed my correct address.....not in Canada. So as near as I can tell, this is useless.

[EDIT] The problem was with Pure Browser, which seems to have a geo-location leak. I tried Brave, Soul, and Lightning browsers with AdGuard VPN and they all worked 100%. Only Pure revealed the true location even with a VPN so that's the issue, not AdGuard.
Apr 7th, 2021, 2:53 pm
Apr 7th, 2021, 6:43 pm
Works fine. Thanks a lot.
Apr 7th, 2021, 6:43 pm
Apr 7th, 2021, 11:13 pm
spiderhole wrote:I installed this, everything seemed to be working smoothly, except when I set my location to Canada and typed in "Where am I" in Google, it nailed my correct address.....not in Canada. So as near as I can tell, this is useless.

The Vpn works great, I just tested "Where am I" in Google and it said Montreal, Canada.
I avoid Google and Facebook like the plague and maybe you should learn more about privacy like tracking, device fingerprint, browser fingerprint, Bluetooth and Wi-Fi beacons, probes.
Avoid unnecessary apps if you can use web site. Some apps can see your mobile network, Wi-Fi router informations....
Use alternative apps if possible from other companies.
Use search engines from other companies. You can alternate between them to spread the data.
Use a privacy oriented browser like Firefox with the privacy add-ons or Brave.
Change permissions for apps.
Use a privacy DNS like NextDNS (with your own set account, not the default one and set it in device, AdGuard, router, no need for the app), coupled with AdGuard it can give you access to see all the requests made by device and the apps and block the trackers, ads, useless connections.
Avoid Facebook, Google, Apple, Amazon, Microsoft as much as possible.
Don't log into apps or web sites with Facebook, Google etc, just make an account for each service and don't allow access to your activity for other services.
With some effort you can protect yourself, if you care. Most people don't care, don't know or don't want to lose some conveniences.
My real identity footprint on internet is almost zero and the only few I have are from many years ago. I deleted Facebook, Instagram, Twitter etc and I don't create accounts if I can avoid it.
Apr 7th, 2021, 11:13 pm
Apr 8th, 2021, 2:02 am
Thanks very much.

I subsequently found the culprit -- I was using Pure Browser, which somehow has a geo-location leak on every VPN I tried it with. I narrowed the problem down to Pure because when I tried other browsers they reflected the correct location as the one designated by the VPN. So...Pure is a nice browser in terms of functionality but not so good for privacy.

Really appreciate your info.

losnad wrote:
spiderhole wrote:I installed this, everything seemed to be working smoothly, except when I set my location to Canada and typed in "Where am I" in Google, it nailed my correct address.....not in Canada. So as near as I can tell, this is useless.

The Vpn works great, I just tested "Where am I" in Google and it said Montreal, Canada.
I avoid Google and Facebook like the plague and maybe you should learn more about privacy like tracking, device fingerprint, browser fingerprint, Bluetooth and Wi-Fi beacons, probes.
Avoid unnecessary apps if you can use web site. Some apps can see your mobile network, Wi-Fi router informations....
Use alternative apps if possible from other companies.
Use search engines from other companies. You can alternate between them to spread the data.
Use a privacy oriented browser like Firefox with the privacy add-ons or Brave.
Change permissions for apps.
Use a privacy DNS like NextDNS, coupled with AdGuard it can give you access to see all the requests made by device and the apps and block the trackers, ads, useless connections.
Avoid Facebook, Google, Apple, Amazon, Microsoft as much as possible.
Don't log into apps or web sites with Facebook, Google etc, just make an account for each service and don't allow access to your activity for other services.
With some effort you can protect yourself, if you care. Most people don't care, don't know or don't want to lose some conveniences.
My real identity footprint on internet is almost zero and the only few I have are from many years ago. I deleted Facebook, Instagram, Twitter etc and I don't create accounts if I can avoid it.
Apr 8th, 2021, 2:02 am
Apr 8th, 2021, 4:23 pm
Can`t connect to the server for any location.

Is there a fix to this ?
Apr 8th, 2021, 4:23 pm
May 13th, 2021, 11:08 pm
Bro on mod, u can only get the client but u cant access the adguard servers. Someone elses severs are being used so its not safe it use. Did u mod it yourself? If so, who owns the vpn servers?
May 13th, 2021, 11:08 pm