Hobby, sports, and other programs that are not games but provide entertainment
Nov 6th, 2019, 3:29 am
Jimking wrote:
mobi01 wrote:
Jimking wrote:Please edit your topic
1. The break command goes always after the first image
2. Add "Mirror" for the secondary links

Edited again.
On another note, I am not sure why the templated form for a release didn't seem to format the post at all. All the formatting which was in the preview was lost.

All works good. You have two modes to select from posting, template and standard.
Edited some more by me. Please check and keep this form for your next releases.

The post is still not being categorised and showing up in mobilism market though?
Nov 6th, 2019, 3:29 am
Nov 6th, 2019, 4:49 am
working... thanks
Nov 6th, 2019, 4:49 am
Nov 6th, 2019, 5:40 am
when I try to play a movie with this it`s asking me to login . the link opens externally
Nov 6th, 2019, 5:40 am
Nov 6th, 2019, 7:26 am
hard to read instructions? he said clearly to login to your account -_-
Nov 6th, 2019, 7:26 am
Nov 6th, 2019, 8:50 am
download from hotstar not working
Nov 6th, 2019, 8:50 am
Nov 6th, 2019, 10:47 am
This works perfectly. Thanks!
Nov 6th, 2019, 10:47 am
Nov 6th, 2019, 4:24 pm
don111 wrote:download from hotstar not working

No, download doesn't work. It authenticates with the server. This app doesn't really crack hotstar app as such, it just uses a trick to start playing the episode/movie.
Nov 6th, 2019, 4:24 pm
Nov 6th, 2019, 4:32 pm
myballz116 wrote:when I try to play a movie with this it`s asking me to login . the link opens externally

Follow the instructions clearly. That external link is supposed to be opened with adfree hotstar app installed in first step.

Hotstar Premium app = Browse to the content
Click red play button -> opens link externally

Hotstar app = Player (Use it only to open the link, you can't play any other episodes/movie from this app)

Always return to Hotstar Premium app to play the next episode/movie (you can confirm that by seeing the black title bar and bottom bar)

Hope it makes sense for you now :D
Nov 6th, 2019, 4:32 pm
Nov 6th, 2019, 9:24 pm
Well it works but with a 'on trial' message and i gotta use a vpn too so casting to my tv is an issue, thanks though
Nov 6th, 2019, 9:24 pm
Nov 7th, 2019, 12:16 am
Thanks..Works flawlessly! Can you add support for PIP mode?
Nov 7th, 2019, 12:16 am
Nov 7th, 2019, 2:45 am
morasta wrote:Well it works but with a 'on trial' message and i gotta use a vpn too so casting to my tv is an issue, thanks though

By "on trial" message do you mean the thing that shows up for a second before the content starts playing? If so, then it's nothing to be worried about.
If not, then please send a screenshot.

As for the VPN, it might be required if you're outside of India, since the hotstar app on which this works is "in.startv.hotstar" not the US version.

I don't know why casting should be an issue with VPN though since Chromecast works on the LAN.
Nov 7th, 2019, 2:45 am
Nov 7th, 2019, 2:53 am
manav113 wrote:Thanks..Works flawlessly! Can you add support for PIP mode?

You're welcome.
So the thing is, this trick works only in an older version of hotstar app which doesn't really have PIP mode. And they have fixed it in later versions of the app.

It might be possible to somehow find out exactly what's happening in this old version to allow the content to play, and recreate that behaviour in the new versions of the app, or even avoid the need for the premium app as well.

But I do not have the experience and skills required to do so, perhaps one of the more seasoned modders like @balatan or @stabiron could give it a try. (Please inbox me if you're an experienced modder and need more details)

( I don't know how to tag them so just trying this)
balatan wrote:
stabiron wrote:
Nov 7th, 2019, 2:53 am
Nov 7th, 2019, 4:47 am
app angel is opening in site externally not the hotstarr.
Nov 7th, 2019, 4:47 am
Nov 7th, 2019, 4:54 am
tarugs wrote:app angel is opening in site externally not the hotstarr.

Firstly make sure you've installed the hotstar adfree mod. Then you can see in the app info, there will be an option to open supported links in the app.

If browser was already set as default you can go to that browser app info and clear the defaults.
Nov 7th, 2019, 4:54 am
Nov 7th, 2019, 6:37 am
mobi01 wrote:
tarugs wrote:app angel is opening in site externally not the hotstarr.

Firstly make sure you've installed the hotstar adfree mod. Then you can see in the app info, there will be an option to open supported links in the app.

If browser was already set as default you can go to that browser app info and clear the defaults.

Yes I've installed the hotstar adfree mod..login ang followed the intructions. I also clear the browser defaults.
The problem for me is that is doesn't pop up an option to open in hotstar adfree. It just goes directly to browser even though i already reset the settings in browser as what you said. I'm on android 7 btw..
Thanks for the procedures anyway :)
Nov 7th, 2019, 6:37 am