Document viewers, eBook readers, office apps
Jul 16th, 2020, 9:43 am
Disk4mat wrote:
atiska007 wrote:Cannot install the latest version with a clear install.
It drops "app not installed" error msg.

Pocophone f1 with.Android 10.

Any idea why cannot install?
Still using 2.1.0.1 :(

You need to uninstall the previous version.

I tried clear install, means previous version uninstalled first.
Jul 16th, 2020, 9:43 am
Jul 16th, 2020, 4:13 pm
Hi
I uninstalled old version, installed latest version 2.1.0.27
I still can't "reply" to any forums. When trying to touch the reply button, nothing happens. I can reply to a comment (already made) or can copy comment text, but can't reply. Anyone been able to fix this issue?
Jul 16th, 2020, 4:13 pm
Jul 17th, 2020, 2:54 am
anyone else getting account expired thanks for any help
Jul 17th, 2020, 2:54 am

SUPPORT DEVELOPERS. IF YOU LIKE IT, BUY IT.
Jul 17th, 2020, 12:03 pm
Grizzly123 wrote:anyone else getting account expired thanks for any help

I'm getting that error too. Waiting for a fix :D
Jul 17th, 2020, 12:03 pm
Jul 17th, 2020, 7:33 pm
I don't know what phone you guys have but I installed this over previous version and everything is working fine. Commented without problem from app. I have android 10 AOSP.
Jul 17th, 2020, 7:33 pm

Without paid apk updates, I am nothing! Update your apps android releasers!
Jul 19th, 2020, 8:02 am
The app should strip special chars on downloaded folders as those folders cant be transfered to MS Windows or an Smb server.
Jul 19th, 2020, 8:02 am
Jul 20th, 2020, 2:59 pm
When searching for an app it doesn't show the version on the title.
Also how can I add apps to watch list?
Jul 20th, 2020, 2:59 pm
Jul 20th, 2020, 3:13 pm
ningarbread wrote:The app should strip special chars on downloaded folders as those folders cant be transfered to MS Windows or an Smb server.

Something that I ran into this weekend while trying to troubleshoot another issue, was magazines with / in the title.

For example - viewtopic.php?f=123&t=3743233. After a "successful" download report, the app would create the following directory under Mobilism-Downloads - "Woodworking Crafts - July" directory then a "August" directory which then was empty. I do not recall it doing this previously. But again it is the dropgalaxy.vip premium link. Not sure again if that is a coincidence since they are popular right now.

Keep in mind I am not complaining just observing and sharing a couple issues I am having right now. I do appreciate the service rendered.

Disk4mat wrote:
MrEzzzkiel wrote:Hi. I'm having problems downloading through premium links on my tablet after the latest update. It's Android 4.4.4.
When I click the link, I get an instant notification but nothing downloads. I've tried logging out and uninstall/reinstall. Nothing works.

There's no problems on my S9+.

My guess would be that for some reason the app does not have permission to save files to the directory you have selected.

I noticed the same thing this weekend. I went to read a book this weekend I had downloaded weeks ago and the file was garbage. Tried downloading it again and same garbage file. Note that between the first and second attempt I updated the Mobilism App and upgraded from Android 9 to 10. So neither of them are the culprit.

I went to my laptop - logged in with Firefox and went to the book and tried the premium link and same garbage. But could get the file with the non-premium link. Here is what I noticed - all the garbage files when I tried to download again were from dropgalaxy.vip links.

I will leave this example - viewtopic.php?f=123&t=3751760 The premium link with dropgalaxy.vip give a 4.0 KB file named osbd5Inspc10. Not the 71 MB file it should be.

Not sure if dropgalaxy is the culprit and its handling of premium links - or if is and innocent bystander since it is popular site right now.

Thank you for the great site and app and all the work you do providing the service.
Jul 20th, 2020, 3:13 pm
Jul 20th, 2020, 5:49 pm
Is not being able to save to a sd card a known issue? Even after I go into the settings and change the folder to the sd card, it doesn't save the downloads on it.
Jul 20th, 2020, 5:49 pm
Jul 21st, 2020, 2:24 am
Foothill2112 wrote:
Disk4mat wrote:
MrEzzzkiel wrote:Hi. I'm having problems downloading through premium links on my tablet after the latest update. It's Android 4.4.4.
When I click the link, I get an instant notification but nothing downloads. I've tried logging out and uninstall/reinstall. Nothing works.

There's no problems on my S9+.

My guess would be that for some reason the app does not have permission to save files to the directory you have selected.

I noticed the same thing this weekend. I went to read a book this weekend I had downloaded weeks ago and the file was garbage. Tried downloading it again and same garbage file. Note that between the first and second attempt I updated the Mobilism App and upgraded from Android 9 to 10. So neither of them are the culprit.

I went to my laptop - logged in with Firefox and went to the book and tried the premium link and same garbage. But could get the file with the non-premium link. Here is what I noticed - all the garbage files when I tried to download again were from dropgalaxy.vip links.

I will leave this example - viewtopic.php?f=123&t=3751760 The premium link with dropgalaxy.vip give a 4.0 KB file named osbd5Inspc10. Not the 71 MB file it should be.

Not sure if dropgalaxy is the culprit and its handling of premium links - or if is and innocent bystander since it is popular site right now.

Thank you for the great site and app and all the work you do providing the service.

The issue MrEzzzkiel was describing is actually different from the one you are. The problem you experienced was indeed specifically with the filehost dropgalaxy.vip. They seem to have fixed the issue now, please try downloading the same file again.
Jul 21st, 2020, 2:24 am
Jul 22nd, 2020, 10:48 am
I just tried installing and it is showing me an app not installed error. I uninstalled the previous version and tried again and it still showed the same error. I am using a galaxy A7 and my android version is 10. Can I get help with this
Jul 22nd, 2020, 10:48 am
Jul 22nd, 2020, 7:54 pm
jeremias019 wrote:I just tried installing and it is showing me an app not installed error. I uninstalled the previous version and tried again and it still showed the same error. I am using a galaxy A7 and my android version is 10. Can I get help with this

Since you have a Galaxy device, did you by any chance previously install the app to Samsung's Secure Folder? You'll need to uninstall it from there first if you did.
Jul 22nd, 2020, 7:54 pm
Aug 16th, 2020, 3:29 am
Can you provide a tick box option to disable the writing of comments (not reading comments) in the three main areas because leaving a comment in the books area (say reporting a dead link) attracts howls of protest from mods and threats of being banned, so why have it always available! Else have a warning banner...
Aug 16th, 2020, 3:29 am

... knowledge is the thesis of rebellion!
Aug 20th, 2020, 11:48 am
Why does Mobilism app need storage permission just even before using the app and does not open without it?

If it's for downloading files, the app should at least run without that. There is even way to save files in Android API without needing storage permission. Apps that respect privacy do this. Look at OH Browser FAQ page.

But the question still remains. Why does Mobilism app refuse to even run when storage permission is not allowed?

Please fix this issue in next version.
Aug 20th, 2020, 11:48 am
Aug 22nd, 2020, 7:35 pm
If you dont backup the files in the mobilism download folder they get removed after a while which I've noticed across various devices and Android builds. If anyone runs into this problem use Auto Transfer to schedule automatic file transfer of downloads to a safer location.
Aug 22nd, 2020, 7:35 pm