Apps to communicate, list your contacts, etc.
Jun 28th, 2020, 8:11 pm
I recommend avoiding this app altogether as it's known to collect and sell a lot of your data including all of your contacts. Just FYI
Jun 28th, 2020, 8:11 pm
Jun 29th, 2020, 6:44 am
SoaringWings wrote:I recommend avoiding this app altogether as it's known to collect and sell a lot of your data including all of your contacts. Just FYI

Sources on that, please.
Jun 29th, 2020, 6:44 am

I am the walrus.
Jun 29th, 2020, 1:55 pm
Number99 wrote:
SoaringWings wrote:I recommend avoiding this app altogether as it's known to collect and sell a lot of your data including all of your contacts. Just FYI

Sources on that, please.

Their privacy policy: https://privacy.truecaller.com/privacy-policy

"When You install and use the Services, Truecaller will collect personal information from You and any devices You may use in Your interaction with our Services. This information may include e.g.: geo-location; Your IP address; device ID or unique identifier; device manufacturer and type; device and hardware settings; SIM card usage; applications installed on your device; ID for advertising; ad data, operating system; web browser; operator; IMSI; connection information; screen resolution; usage statistics; default communication applications; access to device address book; device log and event information; logs, keywords and meta data of incoming and outgoing calls and messages"

"Truecaller may also share personal information with third party advertisers, agencies and networks. Such third parties may use this information for analytical and marketing purposes e.g. to provide measurement services and targeted ads and for improvement of products and services."

They have a large database of phone numbers which they built by collecting the information and contacts of their users and they have no problem selling it to others. They've also had multiple substantial data breaches and leaks. Stay away from this app unless you don't care about an enormous amount of your data being collected and sold.
Jun 29th, 2020, 1:55 pm
Jun 30th, 2020, 4:09 pm
SoaringWings wrote:
Number99 wrote:
SoaringWings wrote:I recommend avoiding this app altogether as it`s known to collect and sell a lot of your data including all of your contacts. Just FYI

Sources on that, please.

Their privacy policy: https://privacy.truecaller.com/privacy-policy

"When You install and use the Services, Truecaller will collect personal information from You and any devices You may use in Your interaction with our Services. This information may include e.g.: geo-location; Your IP address; device ID or unique identifier; device manufacturer and type; device and hardware settings; SIM card usage; applications installed on your device; ID for advertising; ad data, operating system; web browser; operator; IMSI; connection information; screen resolution; usage statistics; default communication applications; access to device address book; device log and event information; logs, keywords and meta data of incoming and outgoing calls and messages"

"Truecaller may also share personal information with third party advertisers, agencies and networks. Such third parties may use this information for analytical and marketing purposes e.g. to provide measurement services and targeted ads and for improvement of products and services."

They have a large database of phone numbers which they built by collecting the information and contacts of their users and they have no problem selling it to others. They`ve also had multiple substantial data breaches and leaks. Stay away from this app unless you don`t care about an enormous amount of your data being collected and sold.
That`s why we use adguard, nextdns, adaway or something else. And disable analytics for every app. Chill man. Let them sell my phone nr lol.
Jun 30th, 2020, 4:09 pm
Jul 1st, 2020, 6:24 am
What's the last known version with recording works?
Thanks in advance.

PS. Using Android 8.1
Jul 1st, 2020, 6:24 am