Call blocking, virus protection, eWallets, encryption tools
Oct 30th, 2010, 9:15 am
15 WRZ$, category: Security.
Oct 30th, 2010, 9:15 am

Support developers.
Oct 31st, 2010, 5:07 pm
mruno wrote:
Zeester wrote:A bit off topic, but still a great video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OopwzJdf ... r_embedded

downloaded this app after watching that ad.
i like the radar feature. its just like geocaching!

If its like geocaching, doe one have to replace to old sex offender with a new one when its been taken out?

O an more serious note, just how reliable is this? Software and databases f@#k up all the time, I can't imagine anything worse than being falsely accused of some grim child related offence, can you?
Oct 31st, 2010, 5:07 pm
Oct 31st, 2010, 7:04 pm
I have a family member who had an offense 17 years ago. The problem is that ignorance prevails when it comes to sex offenses. A recent poll showed that, when asked, 90% of those queried said that a sex offense was rape. A sad statistic but it speaks volumes about the non-thinking position that people come from when "judging" a person with a sex offense. This is truly a phenomenon of our culture and has nothing to do with fact. Those people that have found out that they have a neighbor that had a sexual offense, should ask questions before making judgments. However, our culture, with regards to a non-thinking position, would rather sell fear and leave you within your ignorance. This topic, or app, is much the same as anything that relates to religion; it should not be posted here. Too much controversy and belief systems prevent the cognitive process.

-kaisersoza
Oct 31st, 2010, 7:04 pm
Nov 1st, 2010, 11:08 am
Funny thing is they treat murderers less strict than sex offenders ... I have not seen app that tracks former murderers and being tagged as sex-offender must be terrible, even you if wanted to change your life - you are marked till death
Nov 1st, 2010, 11:08 am
Nov 1st, 2010, 2:08 pm
kkssgg wrote:Funny thing is they treat murderers less strict than sex offenders ... I have not seen app that tracks former murderers and being tagged as sex-offender must be terrible, even you if wanted to change your life - you are marked till death

Here, again is the interesting phenomenon. When a comparison is made to a sex offense, people race to the dichotomy, murder. Even in the case of murder, there are varying degrees and mitigating circumstances, yet people don't like to think.

The comparison between sex offense and the taking of another life is no comparison whatsoever but it shows a very sad thinking process. There are so many offenses that are far and above the myriad of sex offenses insofar as offending and permanently hurting another.

We are taught through culture what to judge. A sex offense is a hot topic. Look at movies, TV shows and the news. Anything related to sex sells. We are intrigued by sex and violense. The media knows this and feeds our appetite for the same.

Wake up and smell reality sometime before you die in ignorance.

Kaisersoza
Nov 1st, 2010, 2:08 pm
Jan 24th, 2011, 10:23 pm
Can NOT get it to work on HTC Evo because it can not find network connection. NO other application has any trouble with my network connection which is fine. Any ideas?
Jan 24th, 2011, 10:23 pm