System tune-up, optimization, tweaking
May 10th, 2015, 10:24 pm
Pandora Patcher v6.0 Build 3
Requirements: Pandora 6.0, Android v4.0.3+, Xposed framework 2.6.1+, root
Overview: Pandora Patcher has the ability to remove advertisements, skip limit restrictions, listening timeouts, and bypass the United States/Australia/New Zealand-only restriction in the Pandora application. Also adds extra features such as AVRCP for devices with non-working AVRCP, Tablet UI, the ability to download currently playing song. Now supports streaming and downloading 128kbps MP3s! (set audio quality to high). Works with Google Play and Amazon editions of Pandora. Also works with Amazon Fire TV and Google TV Pandora (untested).

Image Image

Pandora Patcher has the ability to remove advertisements, skip limit restrictions, listening timeouts, and bypass the United States/Australia/New Zealand-only restriction in the Pandora application. Also adds extra features such as AVRCP for devices with non-working AVRCP, Tablet UI, the ability to download currently playing song. Now supports streaming and downloading 128kbps MP3s! (set audio quality to high). Works with Google Play and Amazon editions of Pandora. Also works with Amazon Fire TV and Google TV Pandora (untested).

v6.0 Build 3
• Fixed Error 3002 for MP3
• Added file detection to prevent download dialog from popping up if song was downloaded before.
• Updated tag library to newer version
• Fixed broken conditional for automatic download
• Code cleanup & optimizations

Recommended to delete Pandora Patcher app data and cache if updating from versions earlier than 3.7.0!

Install, open Pandora Patcher and set all your desired settings, enable in Xposed Installer and reboot!

Courtesy of Hunter X

This app has NO advertisements

More Info:
Code: Select allwww.pandora.com

Download Instructions:
http://ge.tt/8JxXG8G2/v/0?c

Mirrors:
http://www.2shared.com/file/tuQ16hW9/Pandora_Patcher_v60b3.html
https://mega.co.nz/#!jIAyFYjR!5_-BnzmUOm8F8XY7UruPKvOLs6oRIz7ZakB3om2soMw
http://www1.zippyshare.com/v/1Jsdybj7/file.html

To update region bypass to the new working bypass, disable the bypass to remove old hosts entries and enable bypass to add new entries.
For transparent widget, set color to black and move the alpha slider all the way to the right.

Pandora v6.0 (REQUIRED FOR THIS RELEASE!)
http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/pandora-me ... -download/

LET'S KEEP THESE LINKS FREE PLEASE. I AM A BROKE BIOLOGY UNIVERSITY STUDENT NOT MAKING A SINGLE CENT FROM THIS, SO YOU SHOULDN'T EITHER.
May 10th, 2015, 10:24 pm

Like my work? Consider a donation: http://bit.ly/1fnw38T
May 11th, 2015, 12:13 pm
How can I get this to work on 5.1.1
May 11th, 2015, 12:13 pm
May 11th, 2015, 2:56 pm
MrCeez wrote:How can I get this to work on 5.1.1

Plz don't insult dev!
OP spent his precious time to create/post app here for your usage/pleasure... At least read the requirement:
May 11th, 2015, 2:56 pm
May 11th, 2015, 3:36 pm
kbnguy wrote:

Plz don't insult dev!
OP spent his precious time to create/post app here for your usage/pleasure... At least read the requirement:

At least think, before replying.
He was referring to Android Lollipop 5.1.1, not Pandora 5.1.1.
May 11th, 2015, 3:36 pm

Never odd or eveN.
May 11th, 2015, 9:31 pm

Use the unofficial build of xposed for lollipop for 5.1. I can't offer much support for that build since it's buggy and stuff crashes. I don't want to get bug reports of stuff not working and it bring due to xposed malfunction. Use it at your own risk.
May 11th, 2015, 9:31 pm

May 12th, 2015, 1:41 am
Sadly, you don't.
Xposed both for 5.0.x or the super alpha for 5.1.x (which is just the official alpha for 5.0.x re-wrapped for 5.1) are totally rough versions (with the 5.1.x version even rougher by virtue of having no changes to match the changes in the ART compiler that 5.1 brought), and both Pandora Patcher & iHeartRadio Patcher modules force their respective apps to crash under 5.1. Changing SELinux to permissive doesn't have any effect.

So we have to sit patiently for Xposed for Lollipop to mature, before Gamer765 can do anything to make his patchers work on the latest version on Android.

In the meanwhile, Gamer765 has built a pre-patched version of Pandora 6.0 which works as well minus the ability to select a download location, and theming, which is to be expected.
May 12th, 2015, 1:41 am
May 12th, 2015, 4:50 am
I get this one here:
no more music available at this station right now.
error 3
please contact support.

cleared cache & date; same thing/
ne ideas?

edit: did the same procedure again, works perfect now! :thumbup:
May 12th, 2015, 4:50 am
May 12th, 2015, 9:32 am
pTeronaut wrote:
Sadly, you don't.
Xposed both for 5.0.x or the super alpha for 5.1.x (which is just the official alpha for 5.0.x re-wrapped for 5.1) are totally rough versions (with the 5.1.x version even rougher by virtue of having no changes to match the changes in the ART compiler that 5.1 brought), and both Pandora Patcher & iHeartRadio Patcher modules force their respective apps to crash under 5.1. Changing SELinux to permissive doesn't have any effect.

So we have to sit patiently for Xposed for Lollipop to mature, before Gamer765 can do anything to make his patchers work on the latest version on Android.

In the meanwhile, Gamer765 has built a pre-patched version of Pandora 6.0 which works as well minus the ability to select a download location, and theming, which is to be expected.

Thank you. I'll look for the prepatched version think that will do for now till official xposed is released for 5.1.1. Hopefully before 6.0 is out otherwise the waiting game starts again :?
May 12th, 2015, 9:32 am
May 12th, 2015, 9:33 am
(GL)gamer765 wrote:

Use the unofficial build of xposed for lollipop for 5.1. I can't offer much support for that build since it's buggy and stuff crashes. I don't want to get bug reports of stuff not working and it bring due to xposed malfunction. Use it at your own risk.

Thank you :)
May 12th, 2015, 9:33 am
May 12th, 2015, 3:05 pm
This version of the Patcher is working flawlessly for me. No more error messages when I open Pandora. What was the problem with album art? I downloaded a new song, and the art came in just fine. I don't think I care if it is downloaded from another server or acquired from Pandora. I have unlimited data, and I'm streaming Pandora constantly... so, what's a few extra kb? Is that all? non-issue for me.

As I've done for the past few updates, I updated from the Play store to the latest version of Pandora. The past few versions would freeze/crash eventually, so I'm just waiting to see if that happens. That's a fault with the Pandora app, though, not the Patcher.
UPDATE: The Pandora app from the Play Store still froze/crashed twice on me. This always happens, and is fixed by sideloading the app instead. I'm starting to think that sideloading doesn't fix it... it's just cycling the app a few times, so I'm rebooting and trying the Play version again.

I do have one question...

What does this mean in the change notes:
Fixed broken conditional for automatic download

I didn't know there was an "automatic download" option. I presume that this has more to do with the existing "download on thumbs-up" and "sort into folders by channel" options.

Finally... the copyright year is still set to 2014 if you press the "i" in the patcher settings. Gotta keep that updated! :lol:

Good work as far as I can tell!
May 12th, 2015, 3:05 pm
May 12th, 2015, 4:22 pm
This version is working great for me! MP3 support is back working with no crashes at start. Just fantastic! As I always say, Thank You!
May 12th, 2015, 4:22 pm
May 12th, 2015, 10:49 pm
The issue with images was that Pandora stopped using bitmaps when showing artwork on the now playing screen and switched to views which contain artwork for all played tracks and extracting the corresponding artwork was going to be hard due to obfuscation. As a result, I resorted to taking the arturl which Pandora does provide with all the track metadata and build my own compact downloader. The downloader downloads to RAM and then immediately gets inserted into the track.
Sadly there isn't much I can do about the crashes/freezes because I can't reproduce it with both the patcher and the patched apk.
The automatic download I was referring to is the no prompt option where pressing the thumbs up button downloads the song without asking. The conditional was the check for whether the song was downloaded already to prevent renamed copies. For example a song titled Avicii - Silhouettes.mp3 would be Avicii - Silhouettes-1.mp3. So I forgot to change the download conditional from true to false for it to start the download.
May 12th, 2015, 10:49 pm

May 12th, 2015, 10:55 pm
Damn gamer. It's great to have you here.

Awesome work buddy!!
May 12th, 2015, 10:55 pm
May 12th, 2015, 11:46 pm
M0rphius wrote:Damn gamer. It's great to have you here.

Awesome work buddy!!

Ditto the above! Another quality creation/release! 8)
May 12th, 2015, 11:46 pm

Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra (SM-S918U1)
Visible Wireless
May 13th, 2015, 7:02 pm
Thank You for this. It's working great for me without issues.
May 13th, 2015, 7:02 pm