Pocket PC related PC software. Movie encoders, synchronization, development, etc.
Aug 24th, 2009, 8:15 pm
OziExplorer 3.95 (PC) & OziExplorer-CE 2.31 (PPC) + Extras
Requirements: Windows XP, Vista. Windows Mobile 2003, WM5, WM6
Overview: OziExplorer for Desktop and OziExplorerCE for Pocket PC allow you to scan, calibrate and create maps and then change them to a compressed format for use on your Pocket PC. Use the moving-map software to navigate off-road, ideal for flying, walking, driving and sailing

The PPC's OziExplorer display is fully changable - you can create display pages of your own design if
you wish. Use your GPS to explore the outside world, ideal for flying, walking, driving and sailing.
Using the Desktop version of Ozi-Explorer, create digital maps that you have scanne, or purchase
commercial maps in various formats. By using these maps OziExplorer allows you to plan your trip by
creating waypoints, routes and tracks on screen and upload these to your GPS.
Plot your GPS position on Laptop or PocketPC while you follow your pre-defined track. Watch your
progress on a moving-map display. Highly flexible software for almost any GPS use.

* Use maps or charts which you can scan and calibrate yourself.
* Use maps in various formats - BSB, USGS DRG, ECW, SID, TIF, PNG, + more.
* Direct support for most Garmin, Magellan, Lowrance/Eagle, Brunton/Silva and MLR GPS receivers.
* Create Waypoints, Routes and Tracks on the map and upload these to your GPS (for supported GPS receivers).
* Download Waypoints, Routes and Tracks from your GPS and display them on a map.
* Specify permanent Map features on a map and attach a picture (or any file) to each feature.
* Place symbols and comments on the Map.
* Over 100 map Datums supported.
* Support for many Map projections and Grid systems.
* Print Maps and Waypoint Lists.
* Show your GPS position in real time on the map (moving map).
* In moving map mode you will navigate along your route giving instructions when each waypoint is reached.
* Various parameters such as Speed, Course, Next Waypoint, Distance, CTS, XTE, ETE and ETA are displayed.
* In moving map operation automatically changes to the next map.
* Pocket PC version: completely re-design your program interface display to your own requirements.
* + much, much more.

This Download includes everything you will need:
* DESKTOP VERSION : OziExplorer 3.95 (FULL)
* DESKTOP VERSION : OziExplorer 3.96 (UPGRADE)
* IMG2OZF 3.0.3 (DESKTOP MAP CONVERTER TO CREATE SMALL PPC MAPS)
* PPC VERSION: OziExplorerCE 2.31 (FULL)
* OZI-CE Screen Designer
* A how-to text describing the basic process of calibrating a map from a scanned chart.

More Info:
Code: Select allwww.oziexplorer.com

Download Instructions:
Unlock rar archive with password: sopasucks
http://www.mediafire.com/?9ctbpbyj95ueden
Aug 24th, 2009, 8:15 pm
Aug 24th, 2009, 8:19 pm
I have reposted this as it is no longer on the forum.

It is an All In One OziExplorer for desktop and PocketPC with extras.

These seem to be the latest versions of the programs according to their website.
Aug 24th, 2009, 8:19 pm
Aug 27th, 2009, 6:34 am
Please edit this release according to the "How to Post a Release" Sticky. Your release will not be rewarded or categorized until this is done. Once you have edited the release please click on the Image beneath the post, select "Edited Release," and submit.
Aug 27th, 2009, 6:34 am
Aug 27th, 2009, 7:41 am
I've Fixed your release Sarah ;)
The same version for PPC has been released here: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=64591
but this can be accepted as PC Release,
Nice Release. +15 WRZ$ Reward. Category: PC.
Aug 27th, 2009, 7:41 am
Aug 28th, 2009, 4:21 pm
yes but no valid serial for that last version?
tia
giano
Aug 28th, 2009, 4:21 pm
Aug 28th, 2009, 5:34 pm
works fine both pc & ppc
many thanks for sharing
Aug 28th, 2009, 5:34 pm
Aug 29th, 2009, 4:43 pm
srauf wrote:Ozi v3.96 is BETA
I prefer Oziexplorer v3.95.5d from 25th August 2009

I included the latest beta because 3.95 has a serious tracklog bug which the beta update fixes :)
Aug 29th, 2009, 4:43 pm
Aug 29th, 2009, 4:46 pm
srauf wrote:Ozi v3.96 is BETA
I prefer Oziexplorer v3.95.5d from 25th August 2009

Both versions are included here... :)

* DESKTOP VERSION : OziExplorer 3.95 (FULL)
* DESKTOP VERSION : OziExplorer 3.96 (UPGRADE)

All thanks and WRZ$ to ZENO who released the original PPC version.
Aug 29th, 2009, 4:46 pm
Aug 29th, 2009, 11:03 pm
Thank you, Sarah, for your nice words :)

In fact the 3.96.2 is a so-called developer release from 2007.
The latest pc version is 3.95.5d.
I do not know why OziExplorer authors decided to give it a higher number, despite being older and smaller.
The 3.95.5d is the most advanced and flexible until now.
Aug 29th, 2009, 11:03 pm

Zeno Sloim
http://zenosloim.blogspot.com
https://twitter.com/ZenoSloim
Aug 30th, 2009, 7:16 pm
silent update of 3.95.5d to correct a little bug today
i am still searching a valid serial number tor this release
noone can help me
tia
giano
Aug 30th, 2009, 7:16 pm
Sep 1st, 2009, 4:30 am
Can this PC & PPC version enable you to create a course on the PC and upload it to the PPC?
Can a Track on the PPC be uploaded to the PC?
Sep 1st, 2009, 4:30 am
Sep 1st, 2009, 7:41 am
ausi wrote:Can this PC & PPC version enable you to create a course on the PC and upload it to the PPC?

Yes, of course. You can use all track, waypoint and route files created on PC or PPC in both versions. The only file that can't be used on PPC is an image file for a map different from ozf2 or ozfx3 (like JPG, tiff etc.).
Sep 1st, 2009, 7:41 am
Sep 1st, 2009, 11:11 am
Akar_Ki wrote:
ausi wrote:Can this PC & PPC version enable you to create a course on the PC and upload it to the PPC?

Yes, of course. You can use all track, waypoint and route files created on PC or PPC in both versions. The only file that can't be used on PPC is an image file for a map different from ozf2 or ozfx3 (like JPG, tiff etc.).

Thanks for your reply, i tried this in an earlier version & it did not work, so if you have a procedure and can let me know the file types that have to be processed i would really appreciate it.

There are also a couple more BUGs i had in the previous version, can you tell me if they are solved:
1. If you weren't locked on to Sattlites then you could not see the "whole" Map but only the current segment that was showing on the PC/PPC, this didn't allow you to plan a Route that was in more than one segmant.
2. When locked on to Sattlites the Arrow points always to the North and not in the direction of your Travel.
Sep 1st, 2009, 11:11 am
Sep 29th, 2009, 6:13 am
Hi,

I found a problem, I mean a bug, I'd like to know if all of you have this bug. The time, hour is less with one hour, even I have 7 satellites connection and my GPS shows the correct time from satellite, when I start oziexplorer, ver. 3.21, with all satellites connected, everything's working but the time is with 1 hour less. Please check this and tell me if you have the same problem! I suspect a bug!
Sep 29th, 2009, 6:13 am