Anything that does not belong in the other categories
Feb 14th, 2011, 6:16 pm
team.fluxion wrote:XP Modification for Pocket PCs v4.0 is out on our NEW Website - http://www.teamfluxion.com
please update.

@team.fluxion: 'Please update'? It's no longer free? What happened, guys? :?

Guy1731 Image
Feb 14th, 2011, 6:16 pm

Feb 14th, 2011, 9:02 pm
team.fluxion wrote:XP Modification for Pocket PCs v4.0 is out on our NEW Website - http://www.teamfluxion.com
please update.

@team.fluxion

FYI, v4.0 doesn't run on my TP2 WM6.5, and gives this error:

Guy1731 Image
Feb 14th, 2011, 9:02 pm

Feb 14th, 2011, 10:48 pm
Guy1731 wrote:'please update'? It's no longer free? What happened, guys? :?

Nope I've seen it also, and probably the error youve got can be releated, that's what I 'm thinking. :?
I was planning to install this but now I've seen that it's not free anymore I don't want to install it :(
Feb 14th, 2011, 10:48 pm
Feb 16th, 2011, 5:12 am
Guy1731 wrote:
please update.

@team.fluxion

FYI, v4.0 doesn't run on my TP2 WM6.5, and gives this error:

Guy1731 Image

This problem has been solved, the patched cab is now available on the website.
Feb 16th, 2011, 5:12 am

team.fluxion
Er. Ansari Mohd. Ismail (Owner): ismail@teamfluxion.com
Visit Blogging site
Tn. Ansari Kamran Ahmed (Co-owner): kamran@teamfluxion.com
Visit Blogging site
Feb 16th, 2011, 5:22 am
karel wrote:
Guy1731 wrote:'please update'? It's no longer free? What happened, guys? :?

Nope I've seen it also, and probably the error youve got can be releated, that's what I 'm thinking. :?
I was planning to install this but now I've seen that it's not free anymore I don't want to install it :(

Just one dollar :) , We hope thats not much compared to the efforts of making it!
Feb 16th, 2011, 5:22 am

team.fluxion
Visit Blogging site
Visit Blogging site
Feb 16th, 2011, 9:35 am
@team.fluxion

Your 'it's almost free' leaves a bad taste in our mouth, Sir. Especially after you seduced us with your free program and - speaking of 'effort' - everything we did to make it known to a large public. We installed an open gate to your website to make people aware of your other products, arranged a forum to get feedback and confirmation whether your programs are liked by the users, a place to report for bugs and other issues, and for comments. One dollar is not much compared to the efforts of making it (your words) and that's exactly our thoughts. If you make this for money, we doubt that one dollar will be enough to make a living of it. You didn't care for the first versions at least, releasing them for free... Now you kinda rape the noble reasons you had for keeping it free. Also don't forget there are still people that can't - or don't want to - pay even a dollar for software for different reasons we don't have to know about and none of us has to judge. On the other side there will always be users that want to give some bucks to show their appreciation about a good working program with feedback from developers by giving a donation. (I personally always do.) That's why we suggested you to install a donation link on your homepage.

Too bad it has to end this way.

You should know by now this site doesn't release paid versions of software. Meaning we won't post any more update of your 'XP Modification' program. Unless someone 'codes' it to become 'releasable'... I guess you know what that means, and that's something we personally would find very sad after this time we got to know each other. We've always had good relationship with developers, and sure want to keep that with talented people like you. Please find a solution that makes us both happy?

Guy1731 Image
Feb 16th, 2011, 9:35 am

Feb 19th, 2011, 3:52 pm
Guy1731 wrote:@team.fluxion

Your 'it's almost free' leaves a bad taste in our mouth, Sir. Especially after you seduced us with your free program and - speaking of 'effort' - everything we did to make it known to a large public. We installed an open gate to your website to make people aware of your other products, arranged a forum to get feedback and confirmation whether your programs are liked by the users, a place to report for bugs and other issues, and for comments. One dollar is not much compared to the efforts of making it (your words) and that's exactly our thoughts. If you make this for money, we doubt that one dollar will be enough to make a living of it. You didn't care for the first versions at least, releasing them for free... Now you kinda rape the noble reasons you had for keeping it free. Also don't forget there are still people that can't - or don't want to - pay even a dollar for software for different reasons we don't have to know about and none of us has to judge. On the other side there will always be users that want to give some bucks to show their appreciation about a good working program with feedback from developers by giving a donation. (I personally always do.) That's why we suggested you to install a donation link on your homepage.

Too bad it has to end this way.

You should know by now this site doesn't release paid versions of software. Meaning we won't post any more update of your 'XP Modification' program. Unless someone 'codes' it to become 'releasable'... I guess you know what that means, and that's something we personally would find very sad after this time we got to know each other. We've always had good relationship with developers, and sure want to keep that with talented people like you. Please find a solution that makes us both happy?

Guy1731 Image

The free programs were for people to use and realise that this dying platform (Windows Mobile) is still not dead and is capable of things that people never thought of.
We do not make these programs for money and like you mentioned about people who cannot / will not purchase software, even we don't. We did not want any donations from people, and please do not forget that there are still free versions of the same software available on the internet. Those who want a free version can still go for 3.x versions and the ones who need more can purchase the 4.x versions (we still left it on to people to decide, no restrictions from our side).

Please be informed that we are planning to release more freeware software in future that you can have on your website. However, as unanimously decided, future versions of 'XP Modification for Pocket PCs' will not be free. The price is not to earn our living, but just to keep us more motivated towards development of free as well as paid software as well as for at least partial compensation of our web hosting and other costs.

We do not (cannot) stop people from 'coding' or whatever you call it. We'll be back with more.

Have a nice day...
Feb 19th, 2011, 3:52 pm

team.fluxion
Visit Blogging site
Visit Blogging site
Feb 19th, 2011, 4:22 pm
Very well. Your choice.

Guy1731 Image
Feb 19th, 2011, 4:22 pm

Feb 19th, 2011, 9:02 pm
Well...well...well..
Link: XP Modification for Pocket PCs v4.0-ShareFree

@team.fluxion
It was just a matter of time when it gets cracked. And with that poor protection it took me 23 secs to find that brtrue.s what is the whole 'protection'

Mi rincresce, ma non c'é altro modo... /I'm truly sorry, but there is no other way.../
-Reedim
Feb 19th, 2011, 9:02 pm

"Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof."