Nov 27th, 2007, 6:50 pm
I'm a bit new to TT6. I have installed this .exe and the system runs from my mio c710 SD. Problem its says 'cannot find maps'

Where can I find UK maps and where do I put them so the system finds them?

Thanks in advance
Nov 27th, 2007, 6:50 pm

" We never really grow up, we only learn how to act in public :) "
Nov 29th, 2007, 4:22 am
Hi all!

My question is, once this app is installed on my GPS unit, will the app display everything in Spanish or can I get it displaying in English? Thanks.
Nov 29th, 2007, 4:22 am
Nov 29th, 2007, 10:45 am
esprit wrote:Hi all!

My question is, once this app is installed on my GPS unit, will the app display everything in Spanish or can I get it displaying in English? Thanks.

languages and voices can be changed within tomtom itself, don't worry ;)
Nov 29th, 2007, 10:45 am
Dec 2nd, 2007, 10:12 pm
Is there a newer build that works? This seems a little old, but it works fine on my C220.
Dec 2nd, 2007, 10:12 pm
Dec 29th, 2007, 7:38 am
juched wrote:Is there a newer build that works? This seems a little old, but it works fine on my C220.


Please explain in details how you did to make it work the TOMTOM on the c220.

Thx.
Dec 29th, 2007, 7:38 am

ex-Asus 636N = stolen
now HP RX5940 + bluetooth receiver GPS / TMC - Navilock BT453TE
TomTom v6.100 (8330) + Mio v 3.3 (04.10.2007) + IGO 2006 plus (18.06.2007)
(both Mio and IGO with and without RIKS skins)
Dec 31st, 2007, 6:49 am
missy2000 wrote:
juched wrote:Is there a newer build that works? This seems a little old, but it works fine on my C220.


Please explain in details how you did to make it work the TOMTOM on the c220.

Thx.


I did it 2 ways.

First, extract the files to the SD card, put the maps on the SD Card in a folder from the root and run TomTom.exe.

The second way is to transfer the files to the unit, but leave the maps on the SD Card.
Dec 31st, 2007, 6:49 am
Dec 31st, 2007, 8:38 am
juched wrote:
missy2000 wrote:
juched wrote:Is there a newer build that works? This seems a little old, but it works fine on my C220.


Please explain in details how you did to make it work the TOMTOM on the c220.

Thx.


I did it 2 ways.

First, extract the files to the SD card, put the maps on the SD Card in a folder from the root and run TomTom.exe.

The second way is to transfer the files to the unit, but leave the maps on the SD Card.


How to run TOMTOM.exe?

I have an original c220.......
Dec 31st, 2007, 8:38 am

ex-Asus 636N = stolen
now HP RX5940 + bluetooth receiver GPS / TMC - Navilock BT453TE
TomTom v6.100 (8330) + Mio v 3.3 (04.10.2007) + IGO 2006 plus (18.06.2007)
(both Mio and IGO with and without RIKS skins)
Jan 1st, 2008, 6:58 pm
juched wrote:
missy2000 wrote:How to run TOMTOM.exe?

I have an original c220.......


You need to unlock it first. Here is a link to a site which explains more.

http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=84734&whichpage=1


Ok, there are a lot explamations. Can you please tell me the specific way to unlock it as you did?

thx.
Jan 1st, 2008, 6:58 pm

ex-Asus 636N = stolen
now HP RX5940 + bluetooth receiver GPS / TMC - Navilock BT453TE
TomTom v6.100 (8330) + Mio v 3.3 (04.10.2007) + IGO 2006 plus (18.06.2007)
(both Mio and IGO with and without RIKS skins)
Jan 2nd, 2008, 8:46 am
missy2000 wrote:
juched wrote:
missy2000 wrote:How to run TOMTOM.exe?

I have an original c220.......


You need to unlock it first. Here is a link to a site which explains more.

http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=84734&whichpage=1


Ok, there are a lot explamations. Can you please tell me the specific way to unlock it as you did?

thx.


read this: viewtopic.php?f=57&t=34900&hilit=c220
Jan 2nd, 2008, 8:46 am
Jan 21st, 2008, 8:33 pm
I was able to run TT6 but sometimes the navigation screen appears frozen, and I have to tap on it to see the menu then click on "done" to go back to navigation screen and it's fine again. It happens quite often which is really annoying. I'm using US map 675. Could it be the map or some setting in the program?
Jan 21st, 2008, 8:33 pm
Jan 21st, 2008, 10:17 pm
I have the same problem! Anyone have a solution for this? Maybe I did something wrong?
Jan 21st, 2008, 10:17 pm
Jan 22nd, 2008, 12:22 am
Go To Windows Control Panel:(\Windows\Control.exe)

Open Power-->Schemes-->Battery Power-->Switch state to User Idle:NEVER
-->Switch state to system Idle:NEVER
-->Switch state to suspend:NEVER
Jan 22nd, 2008, 12:22 am

Image
Jan 22nd, 2008, 12:33 am
Bizio wrote:Go To Windows Control Panel:(\Windows\Control.exe)

Open Power-->Schemes-->Battery Power-->Switch state to User Idle:NEVER
-->Switch state to system Idle:NEVER
-->Switch state to suspend:NEVER



Thanks for the quick reply but how do I do those on my c220? I got it unlocked with SY02 script but I don't think there's a control panel :?

Edit: Actually all I need to do is to use the file manager and go to \windows folder. Control.exe is right there and I was able to change the settings. Looks like it works. :D I found other interesting stuff there, too.
Jan 22nd, 2008, 12:33 am
Last edited by ZingyDNA on Jan 22nd, 2008, 1:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jan 22nd, 2008, 12:52 am
There are some devices C220 with WinCe 5 to them missing. Dlls and. Exes, things MIO, sorry ...
Is a thing of the ROM ...
Jan 22nd, 2008, 12:52 am

Image