Dec 20th, 2006, 4:16 am
akey wrote:I could really use some help.

I downloaded the ttn602_GB_Lite file along with the Canada_Alaska maps v650.1112 and installed the cab file and map file on the SD card in my HP 5450 pocket PC and the program ran perfectly. I then installed the same files on my new HP hw6955 pocketPC phone and the program worked fine excepted for the fact that I lost all audio on the hw6955. I went to the volume controls on the PocketPC desktop and the volume level was set at the zero position so I increased the level and closed the volume controls. Every time I went back to the volume controls the level was back at the zero volume position. Soft reset did nothing, restoring backup did nothing. Had no option but to do a hard reset. I checked the compatible units on the TomTom website and the hw6900 series is included.

Any thoughts and/or suggestions would be greatly appricated.

Thanks

akey
Toronto, CANADA


I am new at this and have searched the forums with regards to my issue but there is so much information and I don't want to end up spending another 3 hours reinstall all my software because I install the wrong install of TomTom.

Could some kind person please direct me to the correct install I should be using to prevent the trouble I encountered the first time?

TIA
Dec 20th, 2006, 4:16 am
Dec 20th, 2006, 9:37 am
akey wrote:I am new at this and have searched the forums with regards to my issue but there is so much information and I don't want to end up spending another 3 hours reinstall all my software because I install the wrong install of TomTom.

Could some kind person please direct me to the correct install I should be using to prevent the trouble I encountered the first time?

TIA


What you mean is you are too lazy to go look your self, I'm not being funny, and I was going to post you the links in here after I'd searched and found them myself!

Then I thought, if I post them in here its not really going to help you learn how to use the forum, so here's what I did to find them ...

Code: Select allClick Search at the top of any page, in the keywords field enter "Tomtom" and press "Search".
(Yes it really is that easy!!)


On the first page of the results there are 2 posts dedicated to problems with No Sound after a Tomtom 6 Install. Scroll down and look for them, its what I did and it only took about 2 minutes!

Plasma
Dec 20th, 2006, 9:37 am

The largest hole in any computer system is the empty space inside the users head!
Dec 20th, 2006, 11:42 am
Need some assistance with map issues please... i have tried alot of solutions that are posted here but with no avail...
TomTom just will not find my maps that i have stored on my device...(storage card)

Before i get an answer to use the search button please note i have already done that.

I am using XDA Orbit..awaiting some help.

Regards
Zaine
Dec 20th, 2006, 11:42 am
Dec 20th, 2006, 1:31 pm
ZaineJAMin wrote:Need some assistance with map issues please... i have tried alot of solutions that are posted here but with no avail...
TomTom just will not find my maps that i have stored on my device...(storage card)

...

It might help if you told us what TT & map versions you've tried.
Also what is folder layout on the storeage card?
Dec 20th, 2006, 1:31 pm
Dec 20th, 2006, 5:57 pm
Hi Vroomfondel
i am using TT 6 build 7980 by ifalleni...and Using Western_Europe 660.1223 maps.
The layout on the storage card is /Western_Europe 660.1223.
I have edited the registry H_KEY_LOCAL MACHINE_EXPLORER_SHELL FOLDERS to value /SD and also tried /Storage Card but no joy.
Awaiting your reply..

Regards
Zaine
Dec 20th, 2006, 5:57 pm
Dec 22nd, 2006, 12:32 am
I still can't figure out how to use PLUS services with caps in the password. The reason is, they require a PLUS password for initiating Traffic.

Could someone please tell me what HEX I have to edit. I just can't find a Shift-key for password entry.
Dec 22nd, 2006, 12:32 am
Dec 27th, 2006, 12:32 pm
I did not manage to find POI Warner for Tomtom 6, read most of the topics, but still did not find it.

Could please somebody help out with a link and a keygen or crack if necessary?

Thanks in advance
Dec 27th, 2006, 12:32 pm
Dec 28th, 2006, 2:28 am
tebi_tan wrote:I did not manage to find POI Warner for Tomtom 6, read most of the topics, but still did not find it.

Could please somebody help out with a link and a keygen or crack if necessary?

Thanks in advance


Tebi_tan, are you writing concerning the Speed Cameras file ??
Or do you have problems to run your TomTom at all ??

In fact, to use Speed Cameras file no further crack is needed at TomTom level.
Dec 28th, 2006, 2:28 am

Retired administrator.

(\_ /) Welcome in Pocket Living and Computing World
(O.o) Questions/Requests? PPCW Services has your answer!
(> <) Please rate the releases you try
Dec 28th, 2006, 1:33 pm
To Cencio

Thanks for the information. Those from the italian site I found from a post of Yours are working.

However I have a set of speed cameras database from pocketgps europe which is not working at all. So I though POI Warner is needed.
Dec 28th, 2006, 1:33 pm
Jan 1st, 2007, 5:04 am
Using 6.02 my v650.1190 US maps disappear thus I had to revert to v6.00 of TomTom, can anyone explain this?
Jan 1st, 2007, 5:04 am
Jan 1st, 2007, 8:35 am
Encore2097 wrote:Using 6.02 my v650.1190 US maps disappear thus I had to revert to v6.00 of TomTom, can anyone explain this?


Always specify your ppc model and operating system as well, please. Thanks.
Jan 1st, 2007, 8:35 am

Retired administrator.

(\_ /) Welcome in Pocket Living and Computing World
(O.o) Questions/Requests? PPCW Services has your answer!
(> <) Please rate the releases you try
Jan 1st, 2007, 5:34 pm
Is there a way to find our which version of TomTom I have? Thx.

EDIT: Nevermind, figured it out.
Jan 1st, 2007, 5:34 pm
Last edited by djinn on Jan 1st, 2007, 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jan 1st, 2007, 5:48 pm
djinn wrote:Is there a way to find our which version of TomTom I have? Thx.


Look in the forums first.

Type the GPS strenght icon and you have the Tomtom version; type the version and you have the map version being used.
Jan 1st, 2007, 5:48 pm

Regards,

ikamatos
======
Jan 1st, 2007, 6:02 pm
ikamatos wrote:
djinn wrote:Is there a way to find our which version of TomTom I have? Thx.


Look in the forums first.

Type the GPS strenght icon and you have the Tomtom version; type the version and you have the map version being used.


I edited my post above as I figured it out myself. The forum search engine is not that good, I got it off Google. Thx.
Jan 1st, 2007, 6:02 pm