Jan 6th, 2019, 4:31 pm
This installs perfectly with the supplied instructions and works great so thank you! I have noticed on the 2 different devices I've installed it on a message about there being 50 days left to renew, has anyone else seen this?
Jan 6th, 2019, 4:31 pm
Jan 23rd, 2019, 1:57 pm
mvohra wrote:
stampy wrote:Traffic has finally stopped working.

Working for me, but then I did install this after you posted this message.

I had the 50 days message and ran it down.

Traffic stopped working about a week after that timed out then about a week later traffic suddenly started working again :?
Jan 23rd, 2019, 1:57 pm
Jan 23rd, 2019, 8:34 pm
stampy wrote:
mvohra wrote:
stampy wrote:Traffic has finally stopped working.

Working for me, but then I did install this after you posted this message.

I had the 50 days message and ran it down.

Traffic stopped working about a week after that timed out then about a week later traffic suddenly started working again :?

Did you hit the renew button when you first install it..
Jan 23rd, 2019, 8:34 pm

Samsung:
S24plus + 256gb Android 14.
Samsung Tab S.
Android TV Box x2.
Galaxy Watch 4.
Jan 24th, 2019, 2:49 am
I have just installed and looks great, it did ask to renew traffic but i didn't click it should I have clicked it
Jan 24th, 2019, 2:49 am
Jan 24th, 2019, 7:31 am
doda wrote:I have just installed and looks great, it did ask to renew traffic but i didn't click it should I have clicked it

when I install it a long time ago it ask me to renew it so I click on the renew button but thats all, then it said Date 01/01/01 that is how long it goes for and I am still using it, I install it when this version first came out its way better than Sygic and very thing work to not like Sygic you can't do this and you cant to that.
Jan 24th, 2019, 7:31 am

Samsung:
Samsung Tab S.
Android TV Box x2.
Galaxy Watch 4.
Jan 30th, 2019, 10:09 am
Ok I sorted it out. If someone has a problem installing maps to sd card solution is to root the device and modyfi file com.tomtom.navui.mobilesystemport.external.path.directory.xml change sdcard0 to one you want to install Your maps to.
Jan 30th, 2019, 10:09 am
Jan 30th, 2019, 6:37 pm
The 50 days left message just disappeared after a couple of weeks and hasn't come back. To get maps onto SD card (I've got an old LG G3, not rooted) I downloaded a large map like whole of Europe which was around 8GB. This installed on to my SD card as there was more free space there than internal free memory. Then I installed UK which also went on to SD card and then I uninstalled Europe as don't need it at present. This workaround was fine for my needs until tomtom gives option of where to download maps in future maybe.

I thought it was dropping gps occasionally, but I went to settings/power saving and ticked "basic" . It's been fine since so my surmise is that my old phone's processing power wasn't drawing screen quickly enough with full details but is fine with less detail rather than a gps issue.

Overall, very good app and has now replaced my copilot as it has better route planning algorithms and the "average speed camera" info it gives is excellent.
Jan 30th, 2019, 6:37 pm
Jan 30th, 2019, 9:20 pm
Rapscallywag wrote:The 50 days left message just disappeared after a couple of weeks and hasn't come back. To get maps onto SD card (I've got an old LG G3, not rooted) I downloaded a large map like whole of Europe which was around 8GB. This installed on to my SD card as there was more free space there than internal free memory. Then I installed UK which also went on to SD card and then I uninstalled Europe as don't need it at present. This workaround was fine for my needs until tomtom gives option of where to download maps in future maybe.

I thought it was dropping gps occasionally, but I went to settings/power saving and ticked "basic" . It's been fine since so my surmise is that my old phone's processing power wasn't drawing screen quickly enough with full details but is fine with less detail rather than a gps issue.

Overall, very good app and has now replaced my copilot as it has better route planning algorithms and the "average speed camera" info it gives is excellent.

Tomtom always download the Maps to which has the more space internal memory/SD Card.
When you set the power saving to basic the 3D map shows fewer details.
Jan 30th, 2019, 9:20 pm

Samsung:
Samsung Tab S.
Android TV Box x2.
Galaxy Watch 4.
Jan 31st, 2019, 8:24 am
ktx-nz wrote:Tomtom always download the Maps to which has the more space internal memory/SD Card.

I have far more space left on my SD card but the maps are always downloaded to my Internal Memory.
Jan 31st, 2019, 8:24 am
Jan 31st, 2019, 8:34 am
seasidave wrote:
ktx-nz wrote:Tomtom always download the Maps to which has the more space internal memory/SD Card.

I have far more space left on my SD card but the maps are always downloaded to my Internal Memory.

I wonder why it does that for if the main programe is on your SD Card the map should be there to in the map Dir.
don't know why it would do that for. maybe the map is to big for the SD Card or something.
Jan 31st, 2019, 8:34 am

Samsung:
Samsung Tab S.
Android TV Box x2.
Galaxy Watch 4.
Jan 31st, 2019, 1:50 pm
ktx-nz wrote:Did you hit the renew button when you first install it..

No.
Jan 31st, 2019, 1:50 pm
Jan 31st, 2019, 9:08 pm
stampy wrote:
ktx-nz wrote:Did you hit the renew button when you first install it..

No.

I was told you can do it and it will say 01/01/01 then you hit the return button and all will be good.
Jan 31st, 2019, 9:08 pm

Samsung:
Samsung Tab S.
Android TV Box x2.
Galaxy Watch 4.
Mar 12th, 2019, 1:10 pm
PLEASE NOTE MAP INSTALL:
The 1% issue just wait...... Mine seem to stick on 1% BUT after about 4 minutes it moved to 2% and started to install this was the Europe West map.

Nick
Mar 12th, 2019, 1:10 pm
Mar 15th, 2019, 12:50 pm
Out of interest - after installing this version I have lost all speech directions.

No "in 300 yards turn left", no street names, nothing at all but "you will arrive... in 30 minutes".

Checks all the voices, using the "system" (Serena?) voice so it reads names and such... still nothing.
Mar 15th, 2019, 12:50 pm
Mar 15th, 2019, 9:38 pm
did you do a clean install I did and I still have all the speech option.
Mar 15th, 2019, 9:38 pm

Samsung:
Samsung Tab S.
Android TV Box x2.
Galaxy Watch 4.