Aug 18th, 2012, 8:36 pm
dear all,

will it work with 480x234

and where i can find windows ce emu for the same??

thanks in advance
Aug 18th, 2012, 8:36 pm
Aug 27th, 2012, 11:33 am
The version from the post #1 works with 800 x 480, 128 RAM of Navroad DUXO (5", WinCE Core 6.0).
In the night the splash screen is too bright. Is it possible to change the background to more neutral (e.g. gray) or replace it to the 800 x 480 bitmap? If it is possible, which tool could be used?
Aug 27th, 2012, 11:33 am
Aug 27th, 2012, 1:50 pm
jtbili wrote:The version from the post #1 works with 800 x 480, 128 RAM of Navroad DUXO (5", WinCE Core 6.0).
In the night the splash screen is too bright. Is it possible to change the background to more neutral (e.g. gray) or replace it to the 800 x 480 bitmap? If it is possible, which tool could be used?

I leave a picture to explain what you should do.

Good luck.
Aug 27th, 2012, 1:50 pm

SUPPORT DEVELOPERS. IF YOU LIKE IT, BUY IT.
_______
Aug 27th, 2012, 10:35 pm
Thank You for the reply, but I meant something different. The question does not touch the issue how to change day/night map colour scheme, but how to change the splash screen - the initial screen during TT start. Actually it is large white square wilt circular, red TomTom logo.
As I mentioned it is too bright in the night and shows what software is starting.
I tried to edit the background using Resource Hacker, PE Editor, Resource Editor - in all cases the bitmap was not available.
Which tool could be used?
Aug 27th, 2012, 10:35 pm
Aug 28th, 2012, 3:30 pm
jtbili wrote:Thank You for the reply, but I meant something different. The question does not touch the issue how to change day/night map colour scheme, but how to change the splash screen - the initial screen during TT start. Actually it is large white square wilt circular, red TomTom logo.
As I mentioned it is too bright in the night and shows what software is starting.
I tried to edit the background using Resource Hacker, PE Editor, Resource Editor - in all cases the bitmap was not available.

Sorry but to change the splash screen on this exe file it is not possible. :shock:
Aug 28th, 2012, 3:30 pm

_______
Aug 29th, 2012, 4:10 pm
jtbili wrote:...I tried to edit the background using Resource Hacker, PE Editor, Resource Editor - in all cases the bitmap was not available.

Did you tried with Hex-Editor?
I've already modified some splash screens with it.
Best regards
Aug 29th, 2012, 4:10 pm
Sep 12th, 2012, 3:56 am
Hi people, I m fed up with the freezing problem during navigation on tomtom 7.910 on wince 6, my tomtom starts perfectly and works great minutes and hours if i'm not driving, but at the moment i drive my car, it runs 1 minute or above and then...nothing, it freezes completely and i have to hardreset my unit,
I tried many configurations in TT7 Navigator.mscr but nothing, when i start TT7 Navigator.exe, it just give me a 5 seconds black screen and then back to miopocket screen,
any help plz people?
Sep 12th, 2012, 3:56 am
Sep 14th, 2012, 12:15 pm
Put this script before loading navigator.exe
They modify registry so your device doesn't suspend himself after a while...

RegWriteDWord( "HKLM", "System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\Timeouts", "ACUserIdle", 0 )
RegWriteDWord( "HKLM", "System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\Timeouts", "ACSystemIdle", 0 )
RegWriteDWord( "HKLM", "System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\Timeouts", "ACSuspend", 0 )
RegWriteDWord( "HKLM", "System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\Timeouts", "BattUserIdle", 0 )
RegWriteDWord( "HKLM", "System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\Timeouts", "BattSystemIdle", 0 )
RegWriteDWord( "HKLM", "System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\Timeouts", "BattSuspend", 0 )

RegWriteDWord( "HKLM", "Drivers\Console", "OutputTo", 1 )

RegWriteDWord( "HKCU", "ControlPanel\Backlight", "ACTimeout", 0 )
RegWriteDWord( "HKCU", "ControlPanel\Backlight", "BatteryTimeout", 0 )

Bye
Sep 14th, 2012, 12:15 pm
Sep 28th, 2012, 9:17 pm
Finaly i did it 8)

I have a chineese GPS car/radio 800*480 WinCe 6.0 embedded and 128Mo RAM.

I tried post#1 files, but still that nasty "not enough memory"

So my actual working configuration is:
-a 2GB SD card with Tabardajun's files (big thank's to him),
-added an other European map activated as well, and in order to fill up almost the 2GB some extra files.
-set memory to 42000.

I read in an other place that the SD should be almost full.

I'll try later if some options are useless or not and report.

People, be patient, there is a way to get it working, but sometimes it takes a long time testing :mrgreen:
Sep 28th, 2012, 9:17 pm
Sep 29th, 2012, 11:34 am
After a week of my trying installation "not enough memory"
This is my working solution
Works like a charm at a Chinese GPS car/radio 800*480 WinCe 6.0 embedded and 128Mo RAM.

1_ use this working TomTom version for WinCe 6.0
http://sendbox.fr/pro/e0fo3833s9o1/TomTom.zip.html?killcode=pygry13mqh

2 _ use Windows Ce 6.0 emulator
http://sendbox.fr/pro/opkgnmxuilnj/ce6_emulator.zip.html

3_ Start wince emulator, put your map and Tomtom program inside "ce6_emulator".
Be careful wince have a different ID than your car so you will have to activate also your map for it.
This operation is to create a working "MapSettings.cfg" inside wince emulator, because
"MapSettings.cfg" is the cause of memory problems

4_ Activate your map for your TomTom car ID.

here is my configation:

Errorlevel ("off")
RegDeleteKey ("HKLM", "System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\ActivityTimers", True, True)
RegDeleteKey ("HKLM", "System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\State\SystemIdle", True, True)
RegDeleteKey ("HKLM", "System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\State\UserIdle", True, True)
RegDeleteKey ("HKLM", "System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\Timeouts", True, True)
RegWriteDWord( "HKLM", "SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Clock", "AutoDST", 1 )
sleep 100
SET SETMEM, "\StorageCard\tomtom\SetMem.exe"
Run (%SETMEM%, "70000")
sleep 100
Kill("SetMem.exe")
RunWait("\StorageCard\tomtom\TomTom Navigator.exe")
exit

Cheers,
Sep 29th, 2012, 11:34 am
Sep 29th, 2012, 11:48 am
Thank you,
but link #1 does not work :(
Sep 29th, 2012, 11:48 am
Oct 1st, 2012, 9:05 pm
jcoltatg wrote:After a week of my trying installation "not enough memory"
This is my working solution
Works like a charm at a Chinese GPS car/radio 800*480 WinCe 6.0 embedded and 128Mo RAM.

1_ use this working TomTom version for WinCe 6.0
http://sendbox.fr/pro/e0fo3833s9o1/TomTom.zip.html?killcode=pygry13mqh

2 _ use Windows Ce 6.0 emulator
[url]http://sendbox.fr/pro/opkgnmxuilnj/ce6_emulator.zip.html[/url]

3_ Start wince emulator, put your map and Tomtom program inside "ce6_emulator".
Be careful wince have a different ID than your car so you will have to activate also your map for it.
This operation is to create a working "MapSettings.cfg" inside wince emulator, because
"MapSettings.cfg" is the cause of memory problems

4_ Activate your map for your TomTom car ID.

Errorlevel ("off")
exit

Cheers,

Hello everyone, and especially for jcoltatg.
The system windows mobile 6.1, it is not like Windows CE 6 is not the same thing.
Some of the software that runs on Windows Mobile 6.1 does not work on WindowsCE 6.
I think TomTom is the one.

:shock: :shock:
Oct 1st, 2012, 9:05 pm

_______