Sep 4th, 2010, 10:31 am
fred_up wrote:
silentninja wrote:Hi all,

Can someone advise me as to which version of Tomtom will work on a HTC HD Mini ?

It has a screen resolution of 320 X 480 HVGA and uses Windows Mobile 6.5 Professional

If it is not compatible with Tomtom, can you reccomend a sat nav program that will work ?

Thanks.

TomTom v7.916.9189 *HERE*

Basically you want one without bluetooth, because the bluetooth drivers replace the existing bluetooth drivers in your phone and stop you using bluetooth.

You can use a QVGA or VGA or WVGA versions. All will work. The only difference will be the text size on your maps. On a VGA device with QVGA TomTom, the text will be huge. On a QVGA device with VGA TomTom, the text will be very small.

Sorry for the delay in replying ,

I just tried the link you posted .
It works perfectly :-D !!!

Thanks a million.
Sep 4th, 2010, 10:31 am
Sep 4th, 2010, 3:46 pm
I installed TomTom v7.910.9185 along with v850.2820 UK & RoI maps last week, and it all worked perfectly first time on my old Mitac Mio 168 Pocket PC WM2003. The PDA is showing it's age CPU wise as the screen updates are a little slow, especially when going around a roundabout and I have to drive slower for it to keep up, so I can see which exit I am supposed to use. On the whole though it works very well and apart from having to experiment with the route planning settings to get a suitable route (compared with previous versions), I am very happy.

I wonder how much longer I will be able to keep updating my ancient Pocket PC with new maps? I've no idea as yet what new device to go for, as everything seems to be released as a mobile phone now with tiny screens and quirky operating systems.
Sep 4th, 2010, 3:46 pm
Sep 4th, 2010, 8:50 pm
Ego Shredder wrote:I wonder how much longer I will be able to keep updating my ancient Pocket PC with new maps? I've no idea as yet what new device to go for, as everything seems to be released as a mobile phone now with tiny screens and quirky operating systems.

Slightly off topic...but if you can, get an HTC HD2. I went from a clunky Ipaq for a year or two and then to an Omnia i900 and now, from a week ago I upgraded to the HD2. All I can say is...Oh my word! :D
Sep 4th, 2010, 8:50 pm
Sep 4th, 2010, 9:40 pm
Looks nice that HD2. How easy is it to install TomTom and other types of apps? Can you use the phone with Pay-as-you-go SIM cards?
Sep 4th, 2010, 9:40 pm
Sep 4th, 2010, 9:51 pm
...also does yours constantly freeze/lock up like I have read from other users comments on the net?
Sep 4th, 2010, 9:51 pm
Sep 4th, 2010, 10:01 pm
Okay after a bit of a search and a read it does do PAYG and as for freezing, that may be people who live in warmer climates. So this PDA Phone seems to be bloody brilliant when it works and a pain in the arse when it does not. I will keep an eye on this one though as it seems to receive regular updates and fixes from the manufacturer.
Sep 4th, 2010, 10:01 pm
Sep 7th, 2010, 1:11 pm
The HD2 is a brilliant phone - if you want to know more about it then go to XDA-Developers.

The only real thing I have done to mine is reflash to the Standard HTC ROM rather than the guff that T-Mobile (and other operators add on).

TomTom installs and runs just the same as any PDA. The satellite pick up time is very quick. The only problem that makes TomTom jitter and have a delay is having POI shown on the screen (this does not affect warnings for speed cameras).

As for freezing, I have not had one since I got it in February. The only time my phone has been off have been due to the normal reset after flashing and a couple of times that the battery ran flat (my fault).
Sep 7th, 2010, 1:11 pm
Sep 9th, 2010, 3:57 pm
Hi there,

I have installed TomTom TTN7.918.9193_VGA_Black_NOBT on my HTC HD2 mobile phone.
Then i /dl Central_Europe_855_2931 maps and put them to my SD card.

Can any1 help me with the files to activate the maps and a good description how to do this!!!

thnx.

Gorba
Sep 9th, 2010, 3:57 pm
Sep 9th, 2010, 4:21 pm
gorbatjov wrote:Hi there,

I have installed TomTom TTN7.918.9193_VGA_Black_NOBT on my HTC HD2 mobile phone.
Then i /dl Central_Europe_855_2931 maps and put them to my SD card.

Can any1 help me with the files to activate the maps and a good description how to do this!!!

thnx.

Gorba

Try * HERE *
Sep 9th, 2010, 4:21 pm
Sep 11th, 2010, 4:42 pm
Any one know of any type of fix for the lag problems on a Touch PRO 2, I have tried the reg fixes, GPSdriver, disabling POI, about anything I have seen on XDA or PPCgeeks. Still no matter what I do, TomTom 7+ will lag about 2-3 seconds behind... I even unlocked my phone just to try a new radio to see if that would "HELP"...

Worked 100% fine on a old phone (titan) that didn't even support GPS but, get a phone that is GPS enabled, and it has nothing but problems...
Sep 11th, 2010, 4:42 pm
Sep 13th, 2010, 7:18 pm
Hello everybody,
Is there a working solution for a chinese no name GPS with WinCE 6.0 because I have tried so many compinations but nothing worked so far......(I have tried TomTom 7.45, replaced the exe file, used the EasyActivator but the maps are still locked)
Thanks in advance!
Sep 13th, 2010, 7:18 pm
Sep 14th, 2010, 9:25 am
csi wrote:Hello everybody,
Is there a working solution for a chinese no name GPS with WinCE 6.0 because I have tried so many compinations but nothing worked so far......(I have tried TomTom 7.45, replaced the exe file, used the EasyActivator but the maps are still locked)
Thanks in advance!

See post #1714 on page 115.
Sep 14th, 2010, 9:25 am
Oct 1st, 2010, 10:14 am
Hi..I have one HTC TYTN. As you know it have extern GPS.
Do you can inform me whic version it is better for work well ?
I woul like to have Europe ...anf if possible one link only..
Tajasno
Oct 1st, 2010, 10:14 am
Oct 2nd, 2010, 1:07 am
wondering if any one would be kind enough to tell me is there any way to SIMPLY install this on my oem htc tp2 (sprint)? I see 123 pages of shorthand instructions that arent necessarilly for my phone< I would appreciate if any1 with a htc tp2 that got this to work could tell me if it was difficult to do
Oct 2nd, 2010, 1:07 am
Oct 2nd, 2010, 3:14 am
fred4358 wrote:wondering if any one would be kind enough to tell me is there any way to SIMPLY install this on my oem htc tp2 (sprint)? I see 123 pages of shorthand instructions that arent necessarilly for my phone< I would appreciate if any1 with a htc tp2 that got this to work could tell me if it was difficult to do

Install the TomTom 7.918.9193 QVGA Blue.CAB here
Activate the maps. That's all.
Oct 2nd, 2010, 3:14 am