Mar 17th, 2011, 1:31 pm
Squirrel wrote:Depends on what you're expecting. Performance or eye-candy.
France.dem is usable only in France, and if you're out of France, you're not having any benefit from it, area will be represented as a flat area, even if you're traveling to mountain area from Switzerland, North Italy, South Germany or Pyrenees.
On the other hand, Europe.dem is a large file and have impact on system's performance (like 3D building files too) making the device sluggish.
It's only your decision. You can try with or without them to see if it's important(wothy) or not.

Thank you so much for very clear explanation! It seems you are a very high quality expert in IGO software. So, I would like to ask you one additional question, a little bit of this topic. If I put together for a given country in a "Building" folder 2 different 3dc(3dl) files (for example one from TA and the second from NAVTEQ), would they add each other, like for POI files? How does it work in this case?
Mar 17th, 2011, 1:31 pm
Mar 18th, 2011, 8:48 am
I didn't try to mix buildings file yet … So, I cannot tell …
Mar 18th, 2011, 8:48 am

ASUS MyPal A632N with Windows Mobile 6 | miniSD Card 2GB | SDHC Card 16GB Class 6
Mar 27th, 2011, 10:38 pm
zepisar wrote:So, I would like to ask you one additional question, a little bit of this topic. If I put together for a given country in a "Building" folder 2 different 3dc(3dl) files (for example one from TA and the second from NAVTEQ), would they add each other, like for POI files? How does it work in this case?

If you put same building files but from another supplier (NAvteq or TA) two things can happen:
1. Data is content within both files, so in the map you will see the buildings "doubled" due to small different location of each one.
2. Buildings are in one file but not in the other, so you are adding more information and more buildings will appear in your screen.

It happens the same if you put one old building file and a new version from the same company.
Mar 27th, 2011, 10:38 pm
May 25th, 2011, 10:07 pm
kiowa79 wrote:
zepisar wrote:So, I would like to ask you one additional question, a little bit of this topic. If I put together for a given country in a "Building" folder 2 different 3dc(3dl) files (for example one from TA and the second from NAVTEQ), would they add each other, like for POI files? How does it work in this case?

If you put same building files but from another supplier (NAvteq or TA) two things can happen:
1. Data is content within both files, so in the map you will see the buildings "doubled" due to small different location of each one.
2. Buildings are in one file but not in the other, so you are adding more information and more buildings will appear in your screen.

It happens the same if you put one old building file and a new version from the same company.

You can use 3 different types of buildings pois maps etc look at this readme; Mapchanger exe.
v.3.2
1. Put "UTILITY" folder in Primo's root
2. Open UTILITY\utility.ini and check DirContent= for example:
\SDMMC\NNG\Content or \Storage Card\Primo\content or ...)
3. Check ExeName= (iGo.exe or Primo.exe or ...)
4. In Content folder create subfolders: map (if your default are TA maps), map_nt (for NT),
map_ot (for other maps) and copy to each folder at least 1 map.
5. For change POI together with maps, set: swpoi=1 and create same folder
structure as for maps (poi, poi_nt, poi_ot)
Similarly can be configured to switching the following folders:
BUILDING (swbuilding=1, folders building_ta, building_nt, building_ot),
HISTSPEED (swhistspeed=1, folders histspeed_ta, histspeed_nt, histspeed_ot),
PHONEME (swphoneme=1, folders phoneme_ta, phoneme_nt, phoneme_ot).

6. For correct map provider determination please place to each
map folder one small file (may be empty, only the name is relevant.
Examples are in the folder '_copy_to_the_corresponding_map_folder'):
!map_ta.txt - for the TA maps
!map_nt.txt - for the Navteq maps
!map_ot.txt - for other provider's maps
In this case the skin will set the provider correctly during program
start and prevent displaying wrong provider that can be caused by possible
Mapchanger's fault.

7. MapChanger can be accessed from Quick Menu or from GJ Quick Menu.

8. Hope you like it.
9.Works great with dimkas skin.
May 25th, 2011, 10:07 pm
Jun 2nd, 2011, 11:49 pm
So is mapchanger working for you Kiowa 79?
Jun 2nd, 2011, 11:49 pm