Sep 23rd, 2006, 1:21 pm
The original 5 digit postcode map (85Mb) works fine, but replacing it with this one comes up OutOfDate and says RIP :(

Hope you/someone could show me where I'm going wrong, as would love to have this one...

Maybe I need this?

spinny wrote:What basemap version are you using?
Licence IGO_2006b_allmaps
CE-M9PJ-NDZ4-Z5UX-XX4F-6B0R

Lister/Others

I copied new map to my SD card overwriting the original (as I had a backup) and then ran the programme. i didn't work saying map was locked.

So I then all I did was rename my licence to oldlicence - and put in it's place the new allmap licence (included in post). I then restarted the programme and it worked. Kept the oldlicence file on the SD card as a backup. In theory yours should work let me know how you get on as it's well worth having :)
Sep 23rd, 2006, 1:21 pm
Sep 23rd, 2006, 3:22 pm
Well, it still doesn't work for me. I tried both the licenses and it still says out of date...
Sep 23rd, 2006, 3:22 pm
Sep 23rd, 2006, 10:43 pm
#15033 by Lister Of Smeg
Hi Spinny,

Thanks I will give this a try....

On your setup/SD Card...

Where does the licence file go...? I have a Licence file in the root of the igo folder.... and also one on the licence

Should I remove any of these/which one? or both...? Where should the new licence file go, in the igo folder or the licence folder...?

Thanks,

Lister

Lister/Others

I copied new map to my SD card overwriting the original (as I had a backup) and then ran the programme. i didn't work saying map was locked.

So I then all I did was rename my licence to oldlicence - and put in it's place the new allmap licence (included in post). I then restarted the programme and it worked. Kept the oldlicence file on the SD card as a backup. In theory yours should work let me know how you get on as it's well worth having :)
Sep 23rd, 2006, 10:43 pm
Sep 23rd, 2006, 10:46 pm
#15034 by Guest
Lister Of Smeg wrote:Hi,

I will try what you have said, even though I have "kinda" tried that already... but i will do it exactly as you said... (without licence first).

i-Go can support SpeedCams, I have added my own speedcams, and other points of interest. All POI are stored in igo.db (original size 25k, mine is now 2.5mb ;))

I have wrote up a guide on another forum.... I will amend here shortly, only I gotta rush out...

Thanks,

Lister

Hi

I followed some instructions from elsewhere:

Convert *.OV2 into *.KML (Google Earth) using POI Edit

Copy IGO.DB to computer

Launch IGO POI Convert to input *.KML files into IGO.db on computer

IGO.DB now over 1MB

Instructions say cameras are stored in My Poi. I can't find them there, or anywhere in IGO.

How do you use cameras?
Sep 23rd, 2006, 10:46 pm
Sep 24th, 2006, 10:18 am
#15140 by Lister Of Smeg
Hi Spinny,

I've given up with this now.... :cry:

I've tried without any licence file, and on launch, it prompts me to type one in, so I type the one in your post (the one inc with All_maps_2006b) but it does not form the same structure, ie: instead of: CE-M9PJ-NDZ4-Z5UX-XX4F-6B0R it comes out as CEM9-PJND-Z4Z5-UXXX-4F6B. So of course that doesnt work. :(

I have then removed my Licence with the one in this post, nothing. I have replaced the licence with Summer update... nothing :(

I have downloaded various other add-on's..... still nothing :(

There is nothing else I can try now, jus feel it's never gonna work for me....

It's odd that your program file (the main I-Go application) build date is 25th of April 2006, and mine's 12th April 2006.... from which country are you based in....?

And the maps dates:

Great Britain @ 85Mb dated March

Great Britain @ 93Mb dated April

So the larger, more complete one is more recent, yet the app things it's older...??? Grrrrrr

Where did you get your I-Go setup from...?

Thanks,

Lister
Sep 24th, 2006, 10:18 am
Sep 24th, 2006, 10:59 am
Spinny
Thanks - been after this for a while - works perfectly on iPaq 2210 !
Sep 24th, 2006, 10:59 am
Sep 24th, 2006, 1:53 pm
[quote="Lister Of Smeg"]Hi Spinny,

I've given up with this now.... :cry:

Lister, never ever give up!

PM me with your email address and i'll send you my SD Card contents zipped up - that way you can copy to you card and run, I'll let you have more details - it will work.

I live in the UK and everything works ok, even got france, sweden on my SD card and they run too.

Contact me
Sep 24th, 2006, 1:53 pm
Sep 24th, 2006, 3:48 pm
Code: Select allMirror 93,754 kB

Code: Select allhttp://www.oxyshare.com/get/2053112283451695893ae275.25123683/ukigo.rar.html

Pwd
Code: Select allleonardod@vinci

Tested/Works
Sep 24th, 2006, 3:48 pm
Sep 24th, 2006, 4:12 pm
Link to my working IGO 2006 with UK map 7 digit postcodes and POI speed cameras.

Read the comments file in the folder and follow instructions.

http://rapidshare.de/files/34276664/iGO.rar

Download size 106 MB no password 8)
Sep 24th, 2006, 4:12 pm
Sep 24th, 2006, 11:39 pm
#15316 by Lister Of Smeg
Hi Spinny,

This wasnt the i-Go 2006 I was expecting (as in the official brand) as that's prolly why mine didnt work, as mine was the official i-Go 2006.

Mine dated 12 Apr 2006, your dated 25 Apr 2006 :D niceeeee

I know that MioMap is based / built on i-Go 2006.....

However, I was actually after MioMap v3 (well, a proper working one, I had one that crashed in the menu's, guessing was missing some files in the data.zip file ;)) anyway.... and so you've solved that problem too....

And for this, I cant thank you enough.... you have solved it for me to enter 7 digit postcodes.... YAY!!!! - You da man.... thank you, thank you...

* it did require a little tweakin to get compatible with my device, but nothing I aint use too/done before with the original i-Go ;) CHEERS!!

Cheers,

Lister

PS, you might want to re-upload the rar file clearing out personal details..
Sep 24th, 2006, 11:39 pm
Sep 25th, 2006, 1:03 am
#15323 by Guest
Thanks Spinny.
I don't used i-go before. But I want to try it since you posted out this good software.

What I suspious is your package is the full software with U.K. map? or only some parts of igo?

Thanks anyway. :)
Sep 25th, 2006, 1:03 am
Sep 25th, 2006, 1:06 am
#15324 by Guest
Thanks to vitruvian.
Your server is more fast than Rapidshare's.

Is it the same as Spinny's? Or what's the difference ?

Thanks again. :)
Sep 25th, 2006, 1:06 am
Sep 25th, 2006, 9:56 am
#15383 by Guest
Lister Of Smeg wrote:Hi Spinny,

This wasnt the i-Go 2006 I was expecting (as in the official brand) as that's prolly why mine didnt work, as mine was the official i-Go 2006.

Mine dated 12 Apr 2006, your dated 25 Apr 2006 :D niceeeee

I know that MioMap is based / built on i-Go 2006.....

However, I was actually after MioMap v3 (well, a proper working one, I had one that crashed in the menu's, guessing was missing some files in the data.zip file ;)) anyway.... and so you've solved that problem too....

And for this, I cant thank you enough.... you have solved it for me to enter 7 digit postcodes.... YAY!!!! - You da man.... thank you, thank you...

PS, you might want to re-upload the rar file clearing out personal details..

Removed link as it has solved Lister's issues and was only a temporary measure. Mine is a version og MIO 2006 - it shows the speed camera option in the general settings which I don't think IGO 2006 does. Apart from that it is exactly the same as IGO 2006. - a fully working programme with speed cameras and the speed of the road you are on as an icon on the screen - very useful and very accurate.
Sep 25th, 2006, 9:56 am
Sep 25th, 2006, 9:59 am
Removed link as it has solved Lister's issues and was only a temporary measure. Mine is a version of MIO 2006 - it shows the speed camera option in the general settings which I don't think IGO 2006 does. Apart from that it is exactly the same as IGO 2006. - a fully working programme with speed cameras and the speed of the road you are on as an icon on the screen - very useful and very accurate

Sorry wasn't logged in before!
Sep 25th, 2006, 9:59 am
Sep 25th, 2006, 10:16 am
#15386 by Lister Of Smeg
Hi Spinny,

Your on, coool... Thank you so much for that, has helped out a GREAT deal.... :D Very kind of ya....

(last post for a week now, as on holiday) - I hope Navigon 6 isnt released while I'm away!! lol he he he

Yeah, thought I'd mention the personal stuff, as it had all ya trips and stuff... so cool for taking it down... :D

Once again, BIG THANKS!!!!

Lister
Sep 25th, 2006, 10:16 am