May 7th, 2009, 8:47 pm
HyperGPS Beta 8
Requirements: any device with RDS radio
Overview: TMC R&D: Get TMC from the FM radio of your device. This project is still under development alpha stage. This is the second alpha based on flywhc API ver 1.01 4 May 2009. It is only for experimentation because it's buggy and have some hungs but works with DecoRDS and iGo 8 with some little work.
Image Image

What is new in Beta 8:
-Full GNS protocol support. Tested under iGO and Navigon
GNS needs TMC+GPS option to be selected althought if it is not, HyperGPS will send fake GPS sentences.
-Less CPU consumption and lower memory footprint
-Optimized test program: Now RSSI is correctly shown under Royaltek mode, unused buttons are hidden under GNS mode and all the behaviour has been polished.
-RDS and TMC indicator in test program.
-Log mode redesigned to make more useful and readable logs.
-Removed fake RDS message under Royaltek mode. Not necessary with correct timmings.
-Soved an issue with block ratio not always sent.

What was new in Beta 7:
-Support of FM API 1.6.
-Solved a bug that caused that frecuencies over 99.9MHz couldn't be reached.
-Added Scan UP in GNS mode. The test program also support this feature
-Some bugs fixed
-Full support of GNS protocol, but iGO and Navigon still have problems. Auto tune mode seems to work slightly better but GNS is still not operational.

What was new in Beta 6:
-Support of FM API 1.5b.
-Better tunning mode under Royaltek
-Some bugs fixed
-Removed autostart option. It will came back in future versions if the the FM radio off problem id solved.
-Added LogMode option in HGPSClient.
-Now automatic tunning is supported under iGO 8.3. Useful when in the road and the current TMC station is lost.
-Solved several problems with the test panel.
-Added quality signal indicator support under iGO 8
-Better ioControl support means less CPU usage under Royalyek protocol
-Full support of GNS protocol, althought iGO and Navigon cannot work at this moment in GNS mode.

What was new in Beta 5:
-FM radio is powered ON on driver loading. This solves many user issues.
-HGPS_Switch have changed slightly the icon to diferenciate from HGPS_Client easily on program launchers.

What was new in Beta 4:
-Use of the new 1.2b FMAPI
-HGPS_Switch for easier loading the driver when launching the navigation program.
-First stage of GNS protocol support.
-More robust hardware detection under iGO.
-Faster driver unloading

What was new in Beta 3:
No idea.

What was new in Beta 2:
-Changed gfmapi.dll name to lowercase. Seems that this have solved a dll corruption to some users ???? It was done on previous beta but didn't work. Solved.
-Soved the lag when using TMC + GPS data in the same port option.
-Solved (Hope) iGo Second start not finding port issue.
-Many improvements in several parts of the code to make it more reobust.

What was new in Beta 1:
-Changed fake message sent when no RDS is available to group 7 for not to interfere with real data.
-Changed gfmapi.dll name to lowercase. Seems that this have solved a dll corruption to some users ????
-Sound redirection to speaker solved no matter if the radio is muted or not, or if the headset is inserted once the port is opened.
-Automatic tunning: It can be used from the test program or iGO. Search for a TMC station when the current one is lost or does not have TMC data available.
-Implemented the TMC + GPS data in the same port option.
-Solved RSSI reporting issue.
-Fixed a frequency range bug when in manual scan mode.
-Fixed a buffer full bug on the test program receive text box.

What was new in Alpha 3:
-Cab instalation/upgrade/unnistalation
-Solved (I hope so) the audio not redirected to the speaker under iGO
-More stable iGO hardware detection. Now when no real RDS data is available a fake TMC message is sent to iGO every 5 seconds to maintain connection active.
-Log has been removed

What was new in Alpha 2:
-Faster tunning in the utility and iGO
-RSSI correct values
-Test utility improvements like RSSI shown, etc.

Known Issues:
-Automatic tunning not implemented
-GPS + TMC not implemented
-Sometimes iGO stop comunication with the driver after several minutes

Supported devices:
HTC Diamond
HTC Raphael (not CDMA yet)
HTC Blackstone (confirmed)
HTC Polaris (confirmeded)
SE Xperia X1 (confirmed) NOTE: if your X1 has new media panel that integrated with FM Radio function, you may have to disable/uninstall this panel.
HTC Rhodium
HTC Topaz
Maybe more

HTC Artemis is NOT supported yet. According to mhemart, it uses Si4701 for FM radio, which is very similar to Si4703 used by Samsung Omnia.
Maybe OmniaTMC would be able to support Artemis in the future.

More Info:
Code: Select allsearch for it on xda

Download Instructions:

Beta 8:
http://rapidshare.com/files/271002278/H ... WM6_B8.cab

Beta 7:
http://rapidshare.com/files/271002268/H ... WM6_B7.cab

Beta 6:
http://rapidshare.com/files/271002266/H ... WM6_B6.cab

Beta 5:
http://rapidshare.com/files/241537018/H ... WM6_B5.cab

Beta 4:
http://rapidshare.com/files/241537019/H ... WM6_B4.cab

Beta 3:
http://rapidshare.com/files/235644925/H ... WM6_B3.cab

Beta 2:
http://rapidshare.com/files/234488228/H ... WM6_B2.cab

Beta 1:
http://rapidshare.com/files/233328761/H ... WM6_B1.cab

Alpha 3:
http://rapidshare.com/files/230656789/HyperGPS_WM6.cab

Alpha 2:
http://rapidshare.com/files/230342790/HyperGPS.zip

Install:
Use the cab provided to install/upgrade your current version. The cab will create a program entry in "Programs"
If necesary install the certificate beemer_cert.cab

Configuration and testing:
With the headphones connected...
1-Start HyperGPS. A screen with several options will be shown:
-COM Port: select a free port on your device. I use COM9: and COM6: but any not listed on HKLM\Drivers\Active subkeys neither reserved for bluetooth should work.
-FM Band. Select the band that applies in your country
-Data output. Select "TMC" for programs that use separate serial ports for GPS and TMC and "GPS + TMC" for those with only one port connection.
-Sound output: Select Speaker or headphone for the main PDA sound output.
-Mute radio: Select Mute or tuned sound for testing.
-Load on Boot. Select Manual. DO NOT SELECT AUTOMATIC, because the driver is buggy and could obligue you to do a hard reset!!!!
-Protocol: Select royaltek or GNS. For testing porpouses use Royaltek. Also for initial GNS tunning select first Royaltek.

2-Press the TMC button. The driver must load inmediatelly being shown at the top of the page. If an error pops up, you should install beemercert.cab. Some devices (or ROMs) needs the driver to be signed, others not. This driver is signed but as long as Verisign wants 400$ for a certificate I've done my own one, but it needs to install my certificate.

3-Once loaded, select Menu-Test
The test screen appears. We will use this to find a station that transmits TMC. You can enter a frequency directly in the top box (failing on this version) ie: 95.8 and press Set, or tune with |< < > >|.
In the Send Box you will see the commands sent to the driver, and in the Receive tha responses from the driver. Once you have found a TMC capable station you will see responses like: $RTTMC,8,e213,8543,8873,1458*1B
Its important that you see the $RTTMC,8 because 8 is the TMC group. Other numbers mean other RDS non TMC messages.
Man button means that the tunning is set to manual. Press it and the tunning will change to Auto and the driver will automatically search for a TMC enabled station.
GNS still doesn't support tunning, but you can tune the radio using Royaltek, then unload the driver, load it again in GNS mode and test your navigation program (iGO doesn't work at this stage with GNS protocol, DecoRDS does work).

5-You can leave the driver loaded and exit the program for testing porpouses, but it is STRONGLY RECOMENDED that you use HGPS_Switch to manage the driver and launch your navigation program.

Using it with DecoRDS:
Load DecoRDS, select the port you defined for the driver and press Open. It should start to receive in the last frequency used (the one with TMC you have found). Works on Royaltek and GNS modes.

Using it with iGO 8:
-Open Igo, go to settings, TMC and select Royaltek and the porst defined for the driver and press find hardware. If the hardware is found you will see a screen that allows you to tune the radio. Use the automatic search function or unselect the automatic tunning and search manually the frequency that transmits TMC. Once reached you will see a message indicating TMC presence.

-Then you can go to the Map, tap in the GPS icon, and then in the car and you'll see the traffic alerts.

If iGo doesn't detect the hardware , exit iGo, find a file called system.ini on the \memory card name\iGO8\save\ and edit it. Find the tmc section and edit it to reach your settings:
[tmc]
saved_config_available="1"
saved_config_classname="NMEA_GPSTMC_ROYALTEK"
saved_config_portname="COM"
saved_config_port="9"
saved_last_tuning_mode="0"
saved_last_frequency="958"

-HGPS_Switch:
I've developed a small utility called HGPS_Switch.exe that can be used with ANY of the HyperGPS versions.
Its is a small program that will load the HyperGPS driver, launch your navigation program, wait for navigation program exit, and then unload the driver.
With the driver being "fresh" loaded every time iGO starts, it should avoid the no TMC on second igo start issue. Also being unloaded when not in iGO, it should solve the No Awaken from suspend issue.
Also, with the driver unloaded the FM can be used to hear music

I've done it in a way that allow using it with different navigation or RDS applications withouth needing to change configurations.

1-Copy the HGPS_Switch.exe file from \Program Files\HyperGPS to the navigation application folder.
2-Create a link to the navigation application executable in the same folder.
For example, in your desktop, navigate to your mobile device, find the iGo8.exe file, and with the right mouse button select Create link.
You can do also wiith copy/paste link in Resco explorer
3-Rename the link to NavApp
For example, if you have igo8.exe.lnk rename it to NavApp.lnk (maybe you can't see the .lnk extension but it is there).

ALL CREDITS GO TO BEEMERTPPC
Category: iGO Others
May 7th, 2009, 8:49 pm
I am testing this application myself and it's really working. Above screenshots were taken from my X1 which does not have a buildin TMC receiver. I had to uninstall the new M3A media panel for it to work, but I was barely using it anyway.

I hope I can now test the TMC in other resolutions as well :)

PS, I'm testing it on iGO 8.3.2.80621, seems to working great so far.
May 7th, 2009, 8:49 pm
May 8th, 2009, 12:22 pm
Thank you for pointing me to that thread!! Works like a charm (for an alfa version that is). :D

I'm also happy you are also an Xperia owner, that way I always now if something will work when you post it. :P
May 8th, 2009, 12:22 pm
May 8th, 2009, 5:50 pm
Alpha 3 has been added.
May 8th, 2009, 5:50 pm
May 8th, 2009, 10:05 pm
Hi
Thanks for nice project
May I use it on PNA too? (Sony NV unlocked or Navman unlocked)
thanks
May 8th, 2009, 10:05 pm
May 9th, 2009, 11:21 am
New version 3 on touch hd has same audio problem as Alpha 2. U can't listen audio via speaker. Only with headphone.

When u install Alpha 3 at beginning sound speaker is OK, but after TMC driver activated, when u launch iGO and press TMC button, u see that TMC signal is not present!!

U have to manually setting "Royaltek" and port "9", then autosearch finally found a TMC hardware. Once TMC signal is present in same time sound speaker switch to headphone sound.

Instead to manually setting TMC, u can change inside a iGO sys.txt:

saved_config_available="1" into "0"

I think we need to wait next Alpha 4 version to solve speaker sound on touch hd. However this is a great developed works in progress...
May 9th, 2009, 11:21 am
May 9th, 2009, 6:58 pm
Alpha 3 seems to be buggy, it doesn't work properly on my X1 so I returned to Alpha 2 for now.
May 9th, 2009, 6:58 pm
May 10th, 2009, 1:46 pm
i have a message:
the file ..... \bemer_cert.cab is not valid windows CE setup file, ???? WHY ?? i have navigon 3100, and Win CE 5.0
May 10th, 2009, 1:46 pm
May 11th, 2009, 12:52 pm
Rename GFMAPI.DLL to gfmapi.dll in windows folder. After SR hyperGPS works. Tested with version alpha 2 and alpha 3.
May 11th, 2009, 12:52 pm

2006 - 2024 18 Years FUN with PPCW/ mobilism
May 11th, 2009, 2:07 pm
Thanks Antonov, but i have installed alpha 3, and i have this message:

Cannot find 'HGPSClient' (or one of its componements) .Make sur the path and filename are correct ans that all the required libraries are available.
I have rename gfmapi.dll in windows folder, i can't install beemer ??!!
Can you help me ??
May 11th, 2009, 2:07 pm
May 11th, 2009, 2:12 pm
which device?
May 11th, 2009, 2:12 pm

2006 - 2024 18 Years FUN with PPCW/ mobilism
May 11th, 2009, 2:18 pm
i have PNA navigon 3100
May 11th, 2009, 2:18 pm
May 11th, 2009, 8:11 pm
sorry only testet with pda
May 11th, 2009, 8:11 pm