Dec 31st, 2009, 2:50 pm
Hi gakselso,
I confirm no zooming is possible up to now.

about your HP-310, I personally own an HP-314 (european version for the 310). this is the only device I've been able to use the bluetooth stack that is already embedded in.
you've just to switch it on from a filemanager (i.e. totalcommander), before getting the IGO8 to run. follow these steps:

1. get access to the file structure of your Ipaq 310 with totalcommander and/or the ce-filemanager you prefer;
2. navigate to the bluetooth folder in the main disk (should be "my flash disk" or "internal storage", don't have the unit with me now);
3. search for a "bt.exe" or "bluetooth.exe" file and run it

this way you'll run the original bluetooth panel coming with the Ipaq and it will be fully functional and , either, working in background.

let me know!

RedEyes717

gakselso wrote:
pandapanda wrote:<snipped>
Hi jakoeb

can u update the 2 links again, I need the exit button, thanks a lot.

I'd like to second this request for the modified data.zip and MegellanOasisFix.rar.

I've played around with things for abit but I can't get the data.zip to work for me. I get an error when I launch the map that nZoomLevel is no good. I dug in a bit and it seems OK in the script, but the map loses all zoom capability. I would also like to get bluetooth working on my IPAQ 310.

Thanks.
Dec 31st, 2009, 2:50 pm
Jan 1st, 2010, 8:45 pm
I had the same issue of nZoomLevel error message. After switching around files containing the error message and new files, I have determined that it was not the data.zip file. I have exchange other files and kept the data.zip file. Now I don't have the error message any more. Everything is working fine. I don't know exactly where is problem was but it can't be the map (same map) either.
Jan 1st, 2010, 8:45 pm
Jan 2nd, 2010, 1:52 am
@Redeyes717:

Thanks for the tip. I didn't realize I had to start bluetooth before launching Igo.
On the IPAQ 310 the bluetooth "driver" appears to be ResidentFlash/IPAQ/Bluetooth/BlueSoleil.exe

I launched that program, established a connection to my phone and minimized it. The connection seemed to stick so I launched IGo and tried the phone menu. When I click Settings->Bluetooth Enabled I get the following error:
Save failed. The reason can be media surface error, write protection or the media is full. Please retry!

The card has lots of room on it and I'm actively messing with config and sys.txt so I'm sure it's not write protected. I was also able to set "Home Phone" and it remembers it across launches (proof that it's writing!!); when I tried to dial it without enabling bluetooth in the settings it said no phone was available. Any thoughts?

@han526
Thanks for the tip. I'll stop messing around with the scripts in the data.zip, then :)
I'm running a recent build of IGo (8.3.4) but if I swap in 8.3.2 I get a fairly catastrophic error (can't recall exactly what) before it even launches the front-end GUI.
I don't know what that leaves to mess with. Can you think of what files you may have tinkered along the way?

BTW is that front end the "Oasis" I see mentioned in the scripts?

Thanks for your help, I don't know why I'm so determined to get this working... (it is a nicer GUI than the stock HP one, though).
Jan 2nd, 2010, 1:52 am
Jan 2nd, 2010, 6:10 am
gakselso wrote:@Redeyes717:

@han526
Thanks for the tip. I'll stop messing around with the scripts in the data.zip, then :)
I'm running a recent build of IGo (8.3.4) but if I swap in 8.3.2 I get a fairly catastrophic error (can't recall exactly what) before it even launches the front-end GUI.
I don't know what that leaves to mess with. Can you think of what files you may have tinkered along the way?

Thanks for your help, I don't know why I'm so determined to get this working... (it is a nicer GUI than the stock HP one, though).

I found it was the igo8.exe file. I think it was the particular one from the Magellan build in my case. I used a couple of other igo8.exe and they are all fine. The most recent one is from iGO 8.3.4.102680 with maps of the world - Updated 22.12.2009.

Well, I can't actually zoom after loading the right map. C an't TTS either. The GPS works fine. Fairly sensitive and give correct address, yardage calculation, routing, etc. Initailly, I can make some sound with TTS file, but after putting a lot settings into the sys.txt file, I don't have any sound from the TTS files. The regular voice still works fine. Any idea?
Jan 2nd, 2010, 6:10 am
Jan 2nd, 2010, 6:16 am

Thanks for the tip. I didn't realize I had to start bluetooth before launching Igo.
On the IPAQ 310 the bluetooth "driver" appears to be ResidentFlash/IPAQ/Bluetooth/BlueSoleil.exe

I launched that program, established a connection to my phone and minimized it. The connection seemed to stick so I launched IGo and tried the phone menu. When I click Settings->Bluetooth Enabled I get the following error:
Save failed. The reason can be media surface error, write protection or the media is full. Please retry!

The card has lots of room on it and I'm actively messing with config and sys.txt so I'm sure it's not write protected. I was also able to set "Home Phone" and it remembers it across launches (proof that it's writing!!); when I tried to dial it without enabling bluetooth in the settings it said no phone was available. Any thoughts?

@han526

The original build doesn't seem to work as it always says that some minibattery or other bmpo files can't be found. I used the ui_magellan skin and put some bmp files into the data.zip to make it work. If I use the default ui_igo, it won't work either.
Jan 2nd, 2010, 6:16 am
Jan 2nd, 2010, 3:47 pm
han526 wrote:

@han526

The original build doesn't seem to work as it always says that some minibattery or other bmpo files can't be found. I used the ui_magellan skin and put some bmp files into the data.zip to make it work. If I use the default ui_igo, it won't work either.

I now copied a different magellan_pna.exe into the folder and it works fine, even the TTS is working now.
Jan 2nd, 2010, 3:47 pm
Jan 2nd, 2010, 4:10 pm
The igo8.exe that gave nZoomLevel error is igo8.3.4.102680, about 7114kb. my Magellan 1412is working fine. It zooms perfectly, inputs street fine and tells street address accurately. Haven't tested address book input yet. You can choose male or female voice for TTS. The key is to get this 8.3.2.64084-MagellanPack multimedia 480_272.rar to work. Use the following sys.txt (change the device to your model. such as if you use roadmate 4312, change device to magellan43xx). Good luck

sdcardpath="\\SDMMC Card\\"
info_names="igo_pda"

[device]
type=magellan14xx

[folders]
content="/SDMMC/iGO8/content/"
secondary_root="/SDMMC/iGO8/"

[gps]
port=7
baud=57600
source="SirNavDrv"

[project]
;name="magellan1412"

[interface]
maxzoom2d=9000000
show_exit=1
show_minimize=1
mapfontscale=160
skin="ui_magellan"
vga=0
defaulttilt3d=6800
laneinfo_signpost_enabled=1
vga=0
resolution_dir="480_272"

[rawdisplay]
class="landscape"
screen_x=480
screen_y=272

[timezone]
sync_os_timezone=0
reset_os_timezone=0
use_auto=1
patch_dst=1

[poi]
enable_pois_before_080217=1
multipoi=1

[debug]
skip_eula=1
enable_roadshadow=1

[map]
auto_nightmode=0
3d_max_tiltlevel=9000
3d_max_zoomlevel=3000
3d_min_zoomlevel=60
3d_max_zfar=2000
3d_landmarks=1
3d_buildings=1
3d_buildings_distance=3
3d_dem=1
3d_dem_detail=3
terrain_in_2d=1
3d_roads=1
3d_tunnels=1
alternative_roadnames=1
stop_rotate_on_map_move=1
2dheadup=1

[smartzoom]
minangle=10
maxangle=70

[sound]
queue_length=200

[sound.announcer]
gps_disconnected=0
gps_signal_lost=0

[power]
skip_resume_process=1
skip_suspend_process=1

[3d]
show_guidance_strip=1
show_guidance_arrows=0
disable_3d_labels=0

[3d_config]
disable_roadsign_navigation_mode=1
roadsign_lines_per_screen=15
rotated_roadsigns=1

[navigation]
sim_speed_factor=2.0
show_current_city=0
show_countrychange=0
autoreplan_action="AUTO"

[oasis]
;games_enabled=1
;game_root="My Flash Disk\games"

[tts]
tts_buffer=65536
tts_logics=3
always_say_road_names=1

[roundaboutcam]
enabled=1
centery=20
k
Jan 2nd, 2010, 4:10 pm
Jan 26th, 2010, 10:51 pm
tukta wrote:
jakoeb wrote:Hi

I use this : http://rapidshare.com/files/269185799/MagellanOasisFix.rar.html as exe.
And i modified a data.zip(minimize and exit button):
http://rapidshare.com/files/269187811/data.zip.html

this is my sys.txt ...

Please Help Upload again.

http://rapidshare.com/files/341540206/data.zip

http://rapidshare.com/files/341540208/data-mag64084_exit.zip

you have to try one of those because i don't know which one is good.
Good luck
Jan 26th, 2010, 10:51 pm

HTC Tytn 2
Ipaq 314
Feb 4th, 2010, 2:00 pm
Wow... This skin is amazing! :D
Thanks for sharing and thanks for mirror.
The skin at the first link on rs (post above) is working fine.
The skin with "Exit" button didn't work for me (2nd link).
I real new life to iGO. ;)
Feb 4th, 2010, 2:00 pm
Feb 7th, 2010, 4:07 am
I have several problems with this data.zip on iPaq 310 -
1. Seems like GPS is not connecting - at least it does not show any data under GPS data menu options. I have
[gps] section in SYS.txt and it specifies correct rate and port (9600 and 7)
2. If I go to media players, I cannot go back. Also, how can I select music/video there?
3. When going to the map, [nZoomLevel] error comes out.

Does anybody know how to fix them?
Feb 7th, 2010, 4:07 am
Mar 20th, 2010, 8:34 pm
Error

This file is neither allocated to a Premium Account, or a Collector's Account, and can therefore only be downloaded 10 times.

This limit is reached.

To download this file, the uploader either needs to transfer this file into his/her Collector's Account, or upload the file again. The file can later be moved to a Collector's Account. The uploader just needs to click the delete link of the file to get further information.

Can you upload again?
Thank
Mar 20th, 2010, 8:34 pm
May 13th, 2010, 2:06 am
@redeyes717
Please post the entire kit installed originally on your Magellan, not just the skin.
Maybe there is an installation CD?
If not, try making a copy of all useful folders (NO maps).
I am very interested in media players that came with it and the Bluetooth/handsfree part.
Cheers
May 13th, 2010, 2:06 am

Women are smarter than men. They know less and understand more.
Jun 24th, 2010, 1:19 am
han526

i am trying to make igo work on magellan 1412, but not working yet. Can you please upload working igo8 files? Thanks in advance.
Jun 24th, 2010, 1:19 am
Oct 14th, 2010, 6:18 pm
Can anyone put data.zip in mirrors?
All links are dead.
Oct 14th, 2010, 6:18 pm