Discussion & Support forums for GPS devices and software are here.
Dec 1st, 2015, 11:50 pm
Hi there, one of my best friends drives a 2005 Infiniti G35 in the SF Bay and East Bay area. He's always losing his cool over the outdated gps system and says he needs update discs. I don't know why he uses it as the phone is easier to me but it's his thing. I've googled it and it says it's INFINITI as the company. I was thinking it would be simple and easy to find update discs like a Garmin but am I wrong in assuming they use their own system to make it more difficult to find? I don't have a car with a GPS system but I just know we spent a lot of time in the SF bay/Pacific Ocean driving around as the new bridge isn't on the map. While I didn't see us in actual water, I know that his system is seriously out of date. He said replacement/updated discs are loaded into the glove compartment storage and run $110 but I don't know if that is something even remotely found easily here or what I am needing to find exactly to update him to get out of the ocean????

Thanks in advance for any car GPS types of advice.
Dec 1st, 2015, 11:50 pm
Dec 26th, 2015, 1:46 pm
I have the dvd based nav too. you have to order the new dvd from that company. no other way to update the GPS
Dec 26th, 2015, 1:46 pm
Feb 11th, 2016, 6:36 am
I have the newest GPS for the Infiniti...my friend have a 05 g35 n I have a 07 g35 and the cd works for both cars.....I have the file to make a cd....
Feb 11th, 2016, 6:36 am