Aug 25th, 2009, 11:58 pm
Hi

I've been able to install Igo on my Sony NV-U83, but unfotrunately there´s no igo maps for my location.
The only ones i can get are Garmin maps.

If Igo has been possible to install on my Sony, maybe it's possible to install Garmin TX system.

Can someone help
Aug 25th, 2009, 11:58 pm
Oct 15th, 2009, 1:35 am
Hi Guys
i`ve been trying to connect my NV U92TW to my pc all seems ok Activesync is green tc etc but cant seem to be able to browse or see any files on the nav system i have made sure the box is ticked to show hidden files but still the same so does anyone else have some idea on this

regards
Oct 15th, 2009, 1:35 am
Oct 29th, 2009, 6:23 pm
Pleas how to change navigon software for nv-u93tw with sygic ??
Oct 29th, 2009, 6:23 pm
Jun 21st, 2010, 2:03 pm
hey
first off, thx to cebu for this supreb "how to"... ive got a small question, lets say that i wanna run the original sony soft from the internal memory n iGO 8 from my sd card. What do i do? do i only change a path in the sys.txt to /app="\MemoryStick\IGO8" ???

thx
Jun 21st, 2010, 2:03 pm
Jun 27th, 2010, 9:28 am
can someone upload the files again in the first post?
i want to unlock one u53 gps unit for a friend of mine.
Jun 27th, 2010, 9:28 am
Feb 4th, 2011, 5:01 pm
teerak2uk wrote:Hi Guys
i`ve been trying to connect my NV U92TW to my pc all seems ok Activesync is green tc etc but cant seem to be able to browse or see any files on the nav system i have made sure the box is ticked to show hidden files but still the same so does anyone else have some idea on this

regards

Hello,

I have the same problem, I'm using NV-U73T and even could not connect the device to computer. I have Windows XP SP3 and ActiveSync 4.5 but activesync doesn't connect to it. Please help me. Thank you!
Feb 4th, 2011, 5:01 pm
Feb 20th, 2011, 2:06 pm
cebu wrote:
Pondman wrote:Please help!
I have a Sony nv-u71T
I removed by accident all sony files from the map Mounted Volume\Sony
Following your instructions and putting all the files from your map Mounted Volume\Sony on the Sony device, I repeatedly get the information on the Sony "System Error" or "Reinstallation".
I got the impression that the nav-u.mscr what at startup should be running when using the files from your zip file, is not working properly.
Can you help me with this?

I put a new complete version of me, see first post.

I have also Sony nv-u71T, and also following instructions putt all the files from your map Mounted Volume\Sony on the Sony device, but I Rename the original file Mounted Volume\Sony\nav-u\nav-u.exe on the pna to nav-u2.exe, but after update I get the information on the Sony "Reinstallation" ? I rename back original nav-u2.exe to nav-u.exe but it does not help, still the messages "Reinstallation" ?
Feb 20th, 2011, 2:06 pm
Apr 24th, 2011, 12:13 am
anybody let me say, what is the correct tmc settings for Sony NV-U73TC ?
thanks...
Apr 24th, 2011, 12:13 am

May 29th, 2011, 8:30 pm
Dear Cebu
I erased all contens of the nav u71t. I erased Mounted Volume that is why your explanation does not work by me.
Can you tell me how to solve this problem please? where can i find the original software?
May 29th, 2011, 8:30 pm
Aug 11th, 2011, 9:30 am
hi all is fine but why so much programs and navigators for a small memory gps like mine nav-u71T can somebody put a simple menu with just one navigator ,i tried to eliminate things from this menu byt im having problem with starting it.thanks.
By the way for those who have the same navigator they need to keep a map so that it starts if you eliminate all storage card and put the menu it want start so look for a small map and rename it as the original.and thats it.
Aug 11th, 2011, 9:30 am
Feb 10th, 2012, 7:21 pm
I have one question, I have a sony U82T and I am trying to get the maps to work on the memory stick what is the correct way to setup the sys.txt to get this to work?
I have this in my sys.txt but it is not working:

folders]
has_secondary_root=1
sdcardpath="\MemoryStick" ---------------->what is the correct sdcardpath name to put here and on the other places?
maps="\MemoryStick\primo\content\map"
content="\MemoryStick\primo\content"
buildings="\MemoryStick\primo\content\building"
dem="\mounted volume\primo\content\dem"
poi="\MemoryStick\primo\content\poi"
tts_loq="\mounted volume\primo\TTS_LOQ"
kmlpoi="\MemoryStick\primo\userdata\poi\" ;"content\userdata\poi"
kmlroute="\MemoryStick\primo\userdata\route\" ;"content\userdata\route"
Feb 10th, 2012, 7:21 pm
Mar 18th, 2012, 7:12 pm
verdugo2009 wrote:hi all is fine but why so much programs and navigators for a small memory gps like mine nav-u71T can somebody put a simple menu with just one navigator ,i tried to eliminate things from this menu byt im having problem with starting it.thanks.
By the way for those who have the same navigator they need to keep a map so that it starts if you eliminate all storage card and put the menu it want start so look for a small map and rename it as the original.and thats it.

Hi Verdugo,
You are right. Sony NV-U71T/U70T (71 is black 70 is white) is a well-built old machine, but it runs Windows CE 4.2 and has "just" 1G internal memory. By otherside, the only available upgrade on Sony’s website is a firmware update that changes Nav-u.exe file from 1.01 to 1.05 (both from 2006th year).
So I prepared a quite simple opening menu, even simpler than those that I found around the net, and I installed the “Cebu’s Small version” of iGo8, from the first post, with very few modifications (in red) in the sys.txt which is in the igo8 folder:

[interface]
resolution_dir="320_240"
vga=0
shutdown_time=0

[rawdisplay]
class="landscape"
screen_x=320
screen_y=240

[folders]
app="Mounted Volume\iGO8"
;sdcardpath="\Mounted Volume"
;content="\Mounted Volume\iGO8\content"

[debug]
skip_eula=1
enable_roadshadow=1

[map]
auto_nightmode=0

[msnd]
msnd.start=0

[tts]
always_say_road_names=1
announce_street_name=1

[sound]
queue_length=200
ding=0

[gps]
port="5"
baud="9600"

As recommended by Cebu in the first post, I added some folders like building, lang, maps, phoneme, poi and voices, with the minimal content (NV-U70T has just 64M of RAM). For the structure of the folders, look at first post:

Mounted Volume
---Igo8
¦ +---content
¦ ¦ +---building
¦ ¦ +---dem
¦ ¦ +---lang
¦ ¦ +---map
¦ ¦ +---phoneme
¦ ¦ +---poi
¦ ¦ +---scheme
¦ ¦ +---speedcam
¦ ¦ +---texture
¦ ¦ +---userdata
¦ ¦ +---voice
¦ +---defaults
¦ +---license
---Sony
>>> +---nav-u

On Sony U-71T the structure is the same.
I tested 2010 and 2011 Teleatlas and Navteq maps, with different voices and text languages from various downloads of iGo 8.3, and it seems to be not critical, everything works, I just recommend bigger and newer language files, because the translation is better and covers more phrases (English is not my beach).
The result has been very good, no crash and GPS detected in seconds, so Thank you Cebu.

Now, about the opening menu:

If you delete all inside "Mounted Volume", just create a folder Sony inside it, and a folder nav-u inside sony's (\Mounted Volume\ Sony\nav-u\). Inside nav-u must be just a file called NavLib.ini . You can do one using notepad, with content like this:

[Properties]
Language=1
ConfigFilesDir=
Last used database directory=

[DB]
FileName=

[TMC]
LastKnownFreq=889
LastKnownPiCode=-1

[GPS]
AutoLog=0
MatcherLog=0

NavLib.ini is quite simple: Language=“1” means English, Language=“7” means Portuguese, it is the opening advice.
Obviously you must add a navigator like iG8 or TomTom and an application named nav-u.exe that redirects you to iGo8.exe, or TomTom's Navigator.exe for instance. I got better and simpler results with TomTom.

Mar 18th, 2012, 7:12 pm
Mar 23rd, 2012, 8:05 am
Carlos57 wrote:Now, about the opening menu:

If you delete all inside "Mounted Volume", just create a folder Sony inside it, and a folder nav-u inside sony's (\Mounted Volume\ Sony\nav-u\). Inside nav-u must be just a file called NavLib.ini . You can do one using notepad, with content like this:

Can you share your script / menu-images?

Thanks in advance.
Mar 23rd, 2012, 8:05 am
Jul 20th, 2012, 10:26 am
Hi... this is my first post... Before I begin...

I want get step by step help about install iGO Primo2 (9.6.5.221194) to Sony nv-u93tw and run it from Memory stick. Here is the link of the zip I get ( http://www.sashamilic.me/downloads/Primo2.zip ).

I have Memory stick (Memory Stick PRO Duo, 4GB, volume name: MEMORYSTICK).

What I done:
1. I backup original Mounted volume from device (folder: /Sony/) to my laptop.
2. Than I unzip the file Primo2.zip to c:\new_navigation.

I read that I need to do lots of preparation of files (sys.txt and some renaming of files) to make this work, but I`m afraid to brake navigation device. (many guys break it) So I need to someone check the files.
I need Europe map meanly Sweden.

What are the next steps.

Thanks in advance..!!!
Jul 20th, 2012, 10:26 am