Any real-time or turn-based strategy games such as Age of Empires and Civilization
May 30th, 2010, 11:47 am
teknasia wrote:This game seems actually having 6 different towers, not only 4, which means two more coming on upper levels I presume, accordingly with Youtube videos or screenshots. So play and see...

Agree! When you finish level 60, 80 & 100 you will unlock 2 more towers (fireburner + mortar). Also you will unlock more maps (sand something) and endless mode + speedup mode. I also played tower defence but that crashes a lot (this does not on my HD2). The game is quite similar on options and graphics, but the differcence is the unlock options.

So dont write it off too soon, ive already played 20 hrs or so, its really addictive....
May 30th, 2010, 11:47 am
May 30th, 2010, 8:19 pm
Haha!... ok. I take this as a challenge, guys. Will try to play this baby 'till finish. Maybe I pronounced a verdict to soon. Give me a break, please. Great btw to have your comments and compare to other 'tower defence' games. Don't know how much you guys played those, but maybe we could make a big compare pro/contra. I propose anyone who tried them all gives his personal 'best of' here. Will give my opinion later.

Guy1731 Image
May 30th, 2010, 8:19 pm

Jun 3rd, 2010, 6:19 pm
As someone who hasn't played any of the other tower games, I really liked this on my TP2. Gameplay is smooth and graphics better than average.
You start off with one map available to play in classic mode (4 tower types), with maps two and three becoming unlocked when you reach level 50 of the preceeding map. Speed up mode for each map unlocks the first time you reach level 75 on any particular map and is available thereafter from the start of new games.
When you complete the last level, Extended and Endless modes are unlocked for the map in question, both of which allow 6 tower types with the key difference that Extended mode still stops at level 100.
Each tower can be upgraded twice to increase firepower.

TIPS
As is presumably the case with all tower games, the key is to make ground based attackers take the longest route possible to allow maximum time to destroy them.
Air attacks are the biggest problem as these take a direct route across the playing field, so you have to put as much hardware along the flight path as you can, but chances are it is these that will eventually bring defeat.
At the higher levels or difficulty settings, a good tactic is to create two routes for the enemy to attack down, blocking one off right before where the enemy wish to get to. Allow them to make their way almost to the exit, then sell the blocking tower to open up the other entrance and buy a new tower to block their present course. The enemy is then forced to backtrack through your other defences to attack down the other route (and of course once they get there, you do the same thing in reverse). Once you reach this point though, it does begin to get a little repetative (though the air attacks soon overwhelm you then anyway).
It also pays to divert ground attackers away from your air defences so as the air defence stations don't get diverted into attacking ground troops.

I'd give this 8/10, but I'll check out some of the other games in this genre to see how it compares.

Enjoy!
Jun 3rd, 2010, 6:19 pm
Jun 3rd, 2010, 7:47 pm
Great personal impression, F1_Freak. I'm curious to know if your comments still stand after playing some other tower games. I suppose indeed my comments are mostly based on the 'repetitive' (read: boring) game-play as the tips & tricks you describe also work for the other games. I get the feeling like 'once you played one of them, you know them all'. Please feedback after you tried the others. I'm curious what you think about them.

As you seemed to have played 'Fieldrunners' in depth, I have a question for you. There is no price involved and you won't get banned if you can't answer ;). While playing this one I lost some towers, causing the enemy escaping trough the 'gap' attacking my house and steeling my bikes! Haha! Oops, seriously: did it happen to you to have disappearing towers, and could it be enemy fighters 'bombed' them? I didn't notice that but I can imagine it would be a nice feature which makes this game differ against the others. Of course it could be I 'sold' one or more towers by accident while trying to upgrade them, as the 'sell' button appears at the same time the 'upgrade' button appears. (My eyes!) :D

Great to read you.

Guy1731 Image
Jun 3rd, 2010, 7:47 pm

Jun 4th, 2010, 1:16 am
I've not had anything destroyed by the enemy, the only time I've lost towers it's either been "user error" or a couple of times whilst attempting to place a new tower I've managed to select and sell a tower at the bottom of the screen (by the icons), but IIRC it was when attempting to play using fingers rather than the stylus (I gave this up though as I kept missing my intended placement by a square). It's a shame about them not attacking your towers - it would be a nice twist - and it's also a shame it doesn't quite work with fingers (on the TP2 anyhow).

Had a quick go on Towers Trap, shame about the 2D overhead view and size of the action (Fieldrunners hands down wins on that score), but I did really like the free positioning of the towers (makes creating a maze more challenging) and the fact the enemy seem to swarm at you rather than the "follow the leader" style of this game.

I'll report back again once I've explored a few more... :)
Jun 4th, 2010, 1:16 am
Apr 21st, 2013, 12:22 pm
new link please

thanks
Apr 21st, 2013, 12:22 pm
Apr 23rd, 2013, 5:16 pm
masterHD wrote:new link please

thanks

CAB file link(s) refreshed. Grab them fast, while they last...
Apr 23rd, 2013, 5:16 pm