If it does not belong anywhere else and has to do with Pocket PCs post it here.
Dec 31st, 2008, 12:50 pm
Hey guys,
I have an issue here which is really bugging me. I don't want to do a hard reset and start from scratch, so please don't suggest that. I have entries in my 'Remove Programs' page I want to get rid of. When I try to remove them it doesn't work; they remain there. Memmaid, pocket mechanic, and sktools don't even show these entries at all. The entries are all resco products, and each one is duplicated. So it says Resco Explorer, and the next entry also says resco explorer, but neither can be removed. Also, when I run the cab file to install it again, it says instalation was unsuccessful. Does anyone know of a different program that can clear this up? If not, where is this information stored? I looked in the registry but couldn't find it. Is there any way to do this manually? Thanks for the help!!

Edit: I'm using an Axim x51v with Lenny's L11 WM6.1 ROM.
Dec 31st, 2008, 12:50 pm
Jan 1st, 2009, 3:38 am
Bump.... I'm surprised I haven't got a response yet! lol
Jan 1st, 2009, 3:38 am
Jan 1st, 2009, 8:00 pm
sambo60 wrote:Bump.... I'm surprised I haven't got a response yet! lol

Did you ever answer a help request here? No? You paid only for VIP status and the related RS account? :roll:

sambo60 wrote:I looked in the registry but couldn't find it.

I don't know about WM 6.1 but 6.0 stores in registry:

HKLM\Software\Apps\ ...
and
HKLM\Security\AppInstall\
Jan 1st, 2009, 8:00 pm

Greetings from
Bernd
Jan 2nd, 2009, 9:46 am
I didn't pay for VIP status and I'm sorry if I came across as rude. Thanks for that info. I knew the first location but not the second one. Hope I can fix it! Thanks!!

EDIT: I checked both locations in the registry and the entries I need to remove are not there. They must be stored elsewhere. Anyone know?
Jan 2nd, 2009, 9:46 am
Jan 2nd, 2009, 5:40 pm
sambo60 wrote:I didn't pay for VIP status and I'm sorry if I came across as rude.

accepted :)

Another location in WM 6.0 is the file system itself. Check "\Windows\AppMgr\", there are the install/uninstall command files stored.
Jan 2nd, 2009, 5:40 pm

Greetings from
Bernd
Jan 3rd, 2009, 5:44 pm
I had already checked there, and it's not there either. I assume it's somewhere in the file system but I don't know where which is why I asked here :D
Jan 3rd, 2009, 5:44 pm
Jan 18th, 2012, 12:19 am
sambo60 wrote:I had already checked there, and it's not there either. I assume it's somewhere in the file system but I don't know where which is why I asked here :D

It's stored in a Windows CE Database named SwMgmtMetadataStore. You can manage theses DB with the Pocket Mechanic and launch the CE databases.
Jan 18th, 2012, 12:19 am