Jan 2nd, 2013, 8:01 pm
I'm new here. There have been a couple of series that I want to download. Both of the posts say "series" and have a number list of books of the series and the description. When I go to download it though, it only gives me the first book. Am I doing something wrong? I messaged one of the people who uploaded one of the series I was interested and asked if they could add the other two books and they said they did, but it's still only showing me the first book.

I hope this makes sense. I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong..
Jan 2nd, 2013, 8:01 pm
Jan 2nd, 2013, 8:17 pm
Books are typically "wrapped" in a zip file or a rar file. You will need a program like WinZip or WinRar or 7Zip to "open them completely. Now if you find just one book but it states there should be more then PM the uploader for those books in specific thread.

In general, this problem happens when you load the RAR with all the books into Calibre, which is not a de-compressing program but a converting program.

Step 1. Download the file
Step 2. Decompress the RAR or ZIP file
Step 3. Load book(s) to Calibre
Jan 2nd, 2013, 8:17 pm
Jan 2nd, 2013, 8:31 pm
Thank you!! I didn't know about winrar. It worked. Like I said, I'm new. I was using calibre to change to format to mobi without unzipping.
Jan 2nd, 2013, 8:31 pm
Jan 2nd, 2013, 8:39 pm
along4theride wrote:Thank you!! I didn't know about winrar. It worked. Like I said, I'm new. I was using calibre to change to format to mobi without unzipping.

Ah that's why. Calibre only sees the first available book in a zipped folder. Since there are multiple books all you're seeing is one of them.
Jan 2nd, 2013, 8:39 pm
Jan 2nd, 2013, 9:17 pm
along4theride wrote:Thanks for the help! I sent some wrz$ your way!

You didn't have to :) if you have any other questions just ask away.
Jan 2nd, 2013, 9:17 pm