Anything that does not belong in the other categories
Mar 22nd, 2010, 12:46 am
Lord Yuz wrote:If you enable both the "Dim screen" and "Disable sleep" options and also set a timeout for the device to automatically lock (under "Settings → Lock") at say, 1 minute, the screen will turn off while the dose is playing.

Thanks for the tip. Usually I never use phone locks - it gets too cumbersome punching in the unlock code every time. nothing beat a simple slide/ swipe to unlock a phone. :)
have been thinking about this issue, and then i had one of those eureka moments. What if the proximity sensor was used to switch off the screen, but keep your wonderful app running?
After digging around on xda, came across this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=624206
installed it, and guess what, it works!
all one has to do is start the proximity sensor app, then launch the idoser app, hold a finger in front of the sensor... and voila, screen goes off but the idoser app keeps running.
the only downside to this, and perhaps you could look into it someday, is that when you return to the idoser app, the bottom frame is missing (the frame with the Viewer, Options, Info tabs).
And the only way to restore it seems to be to go to a task manager, manually kill the app (idoser and sbagen) and relaunch.

On another note, at the risk of sounding greedy, was wondering if you would consider porting this app to android. have a nexus one and a motorola milestone - would love to have your app running on these phones, too. :)

thanks a ton. will try out more 'doses' and maybe some will work. yes, the human mind is one of the greatest mysteries, and i don't think we will EVER be able to understand it fully.
Mar 22nd, 2010, 12:46 am
Mar 22nd, 2010, 2:07 am
Good find, I will look into that as a possible new feature to be included in the next version :)
Mar 22nd, 2010, 2:07 am

May 16th, 2010, 7:38 am
To keep you all updated on my latest activities in this area, I'm currently in the early stages of researching a newer method called Isochronic Tones that is apparently more effective and more extensively researched than binaural beats (the technology behind I-Doser).

The advantages of Isochronic tones is that the effects are more pronounced (users that were not receptive to binaural beats have also reported positive feedback regarding Isochronic tones) and doesn't require headphones to dispense as it relies on a single waveform as opposed to the two where binaural beats are concerned.

As such, where implementation on mobile devices is concerned, this would also be more efficient in terms of required processing power and therefore requires less system resources and would eventually translate to lower battery consumption. So, as you can see, this would be the perfect implementation of brainwave entrainment for mobile devices.

I've purchased (yes, I know :lol:) the latest "Ultimate" version of a tool called "Neuro Programmer" that allows me to experiment and generally mess around with Isochronic tones and share my created audio files :) There is also a site called Iso-tones.com that already has many Isochronic tones for download; you can check them out and see for yourself if it works for you.

However, if one were to be more "dedicated" so to speak, a proper implementation for mobile devices is called for. As we all know, scripts are way smaller in file size and hence a more efficient way to dispense doses as opposed to audio files such as MP3.

This is on my "to-do" list right now and when I have better understanding and grasp of this concept I may write a proper native implementation (no more BASIC4PPC crap :P) for Isochronic experience (a script player perhaps) on WM with the option for other mobile platforms such as Android and Symbian (and maybe even PalmOS) to follow suite. Who knows, it may even have a synchronized screen flasher to provide visual stimuli as well to give that extra "kick" :)

Right now I'm working on an x86 media encoding tool (that will eventually include mobile-oriented options for creating the tightest possible media files for enjoyment on your mobile device); I might share this when I'm done (about 65% complete), after which I will move to Isochronic research proper. Till then, stay tuned and stay safe ;)
May 16th, 2010, 7:38 am

May 16th, 2010, 9:51 am
Hi,

on my MDA Vario V with german WM6.5 i only can hear a noise and very little in the background some kind of sound.
Also no matter what i choose i always get the message there was no script-file.
Is there a chance to make it work on my PDA?

Yours
WeT-Klb

May 16th, 2010, 9:51 am
May 16th, 2010, 10:03 am
Hello WeT-Klb, that is what it's supposed to do.

The static noise is a "carrier" wave that delivers the binaural beats. If you cannot hear the beats, adjust your system volume and wait a while as some doses will take their time to introduce them to the audio stream (allowing some time for the user to relax and get "in the zone" receptively speaking).

In the text on the "About" tab I have written some guidelines on how to optimally experience the doses.
May 16th, 2010, 10:03 am

Mar 6th, 2011, 3:12 am
A new release for 2011 has been made! Please see the main post for download link ;)

Code: Select allChangelog v1.04
---------------
Package - Added 21 new official doses: Ambie, Darvo, GameEnhancer_Action, GameEnhancer_Adventure, GameEnhancer_Casual, GameEnhancer_Fighting, GameEnhancer_Music, GameEnhancer_Racing, GameEnhancer_RPG, GameEnhancer_Shooter, GameEnhancer_Sports, GameEnhancer_Strategy, Hear, Klono, See, Smell, Taste, Touch, Valim, Xanak and Zolo.

Readme - Updated "Best-Practice Tips" section & homepage URL
Mar 6th, 2011, 3:12 am

Jun 22nd, 2011, 11:32 am
Hi thanks alot for the app , but i have a question

Will this work just (100%) LIKE the originals from idoser ????
i mean "hand of god" is about 30mb in mp3 format ,i wanted to know if it has the 100% effects of the original one ?
Thanks again for making this possible
Jun 22nd, 2011, 11:32 am
Jul 6th, 2011, 11:02 am
Thanks for nice app. But I got problem on my HD2 running on Energy ROM WM6.5.5. The default Browser on this phone is Opera 9.7. The picture and title can be displayed properly on each dose but no description at all.

Any solution on this?

------------------------------

OK... it's not the app problem. I realised that after I reboot my phone, everything's working fine now. :)
Jul 6th, 2011, 11:02 am
Nov 18th, 2011, 5:45 am
Not have idoser for android?
Nov 18th, 2011, 5:45 am
Nov 20th, 2011, 8:36 am
cacaocaca wrote:Not have idoser for android?

I'm not so familiar with android applications, but I suppose Google-ing for it will give some answer. Eventually you could ask your question in the android section here.
Nov 20th, 2011, 8:36 am

Mar 16th, 2012, 11:39 pm
Hello everybody, sorry for the lack of updates. Some changes in my workplace position has taken up much of my spare time. However, I'll try to release as much as I can in what little time I have. I hope you'll be happy with this for now :)

Released version 2012 (v1.05); main post updated with download link.
Code: Select allChangelog v1.05
---------------
Package - Added 9 new official doses: Bloodthistle, Ephemerol, Moloko Plus, Neuroin, Nutmeg, Skooma, Spice Melange, Substance D and V.

Yes, I know you guys are waiting for Heaven's Door & Satan's Jackhammer; we're looking into procuring it from our retailer. Stay tuned ;)

imanh wrote:Hi thanks alot for the app , but i have a question

Will this work just (100%) LIKE the originals from idoser ????
i mean "hand of god" is about 30mb in mp3 format ,i wanted to know if it has the 100% effects of the original one ?
Thanks again for making this possible

No problem, glad you enjoy our release.

To answer your question about the doses -- Yes, all of the included doses are 100% authentic. The reason for the smaller (than MP3) files in our release is when you purchase a dose from I-Doser, they provide you with a ZIP archive containing a DRG file. This DRG is normally used with their I-Doser player. However, their player in turn uses a 3rd-party program called SBaGen to actually play the binaural beats. SBaGen is a script-player; it basically reads instructions and plays whatever frequencies it's told to.

This DRG file is in fact such a script, but has been modified to include the description for the dose as well as it's picture, all encapsulated in the single DRG file. It's then encrypted for copy-protection. Effectively, their I-Doser player is not really a "player"; it just decrypts the DRG file, displays it's description and picture and then forwards the script portion to SBaGen to play.

What we've done to implement the entire system on Windows Mobile is to scrap the entire encryption/decryption process as this can be somewhat taxing on the limited resources of mobile devices (especially the older ones) and as a result saves battery life. Thus, we distribute the DRG instructions for SBaGen in their decrypted form (as SBG scripts, the proper format for SBaGen). We've also isolated the pictures for the doses in such a way that they can be readily disposed of to save storage space. More importantly, we've established a Windows Mobile-compatible implementation of SBaGen which is a port written by Ivan Karamazov, and we've modified this as well, so that it works seamlessly with our Catalog application that integrates everything together into a nice little system.

Now back to I-Doser MP3s vs DRG/SBG scripts. I know that there are many tutorials on YouTube and such that show you how to turn DRG files into MP3s. Generally it's not advisable to encode DRG files to "lossy" formats such as MP3. It has to be done correctly else the doses wouldn't be as effective as was intended, or even worse, achieve unwanted effects and that could be dangerous to say the least. Being a lossy format, the MP3s have to be encoded in the highest quality possible to preserve the full range of frequencies of the dose and the Left and Right channels must be totally separate from each other. "Joint Stereo" mode that many so-called releasers out there use to make the MP3s smaller actually kills effectiveness of the doses. This could be why many users claim to be "immune" to I-Doser.

DRG/SBG scripts are way more efficient than any audio format as these scripts are what SBaGen uses anyway. Unlike the typical audio file which contains digitized sound data in the file itself, an SBaGen script doesn't contain anything except SBaGen instructions and as such is way smaller than any audio file can possibly be and is, therefore, better suited to mobile deployment.
Mar 16th, 2012, 11:39 pm

Mar 1st, 2013, 11:24 pm
Lord Yuz, would you mind resharing this, please?
It is not accessible through RS.

Thx :)
Mar 1st, 2013, 11:24 pm
Mar 2nd, 2013, 8:37 am
ofh wrote:Lord Yuz, would you mind resharing this, please?
It is not accessible through RS.

Thx :)

Mirrors added to OP. Grab them fast, while they last...
Mar 2nd, 2013, 8:37 am

Mar 2nd, 2013, 1:15 pm
Thank you, Guy1731 :)
Mar 2nd, 2013, 1:15 pm