Feedback or requests for help with the site.
Aug 10th, 2007, 9:00 am
Over the last few weeks the site has been slow, or spitting errors left and right. The previous topics on this matter were getting stale, and the issues raised seem fixed. We think we may have ironed out the major issues, and now it's time to see if we're right.

Please reply to this post if you find an error with the site (this includes any phpBB3 issue), or if the speed is unbearably slow. Please only post if you have an error, and do not place general feedback in this topic. If you would like to make a general comment on the site, or want to ask a question then please post a topic in the Suggestions/Feedback forum, located here.

If you are replying with an error, please include the following details:
* Error details (what do you see, how do we reproduce it, etc)
* Number of users online (if the error doesn't stop you from seeing this information) [Thanks Anthony2oo7]
* Time/date of event (and GMT offset of your timezone)
* Copy/paste any error returned by the site, and stick it in [code]
* If it's an ongoing issue, or does it only happen sometimes

If you are replying because the site is really slow, please include the following details:
* Number of users online [Thanks Anthony2oo7]
* Time/date of the event (and GMT offset of your timezone)
* If it's an ongoing issue, if not, what times GMT do you notice it most
* Speed results when downloading this file (just an average, start it and let it run for 30 seconds)
* Average results when pinging the site (click here for information on how to ping a site)
* Estimate of page loading times (from click -> page appearing, not fully loading images etc)

If you reply to this post, and your reply is deleted, don't take it personally, it either didn't contain information we need, or revealed personal information about you we want to protect.

We really do appreciate all your help, and your loyalty through all the hard times we have had. We are definately trying to provide the best service for everyone and we apologize for the ups and down the server has had lately. Your feedback enables us to get the site running the way we all want it too :).

Thanks,
sdawson

Please note: If you are still accessing the board using http://forum.ppcwarez.org/ you will receive a 404 error. This is because it does not exist any more, we made it redirect for the last few months, and now we have disabled it.
To reach the correct page try replacing http://forum.ppcwarez.org/ with http://forum.ppcwarez.org/. For example, if you are trying to access http://forum.ppcwarez.org/articles.php use http://forum.ppcwarez.org/articles.php instead.
Aug 10th, 2007, 9:00 am
Aug 16th, 2007, 1:32 pm
Right. Clean slate time. All old posts deleted.

At 12:00PM GMT, 16th August, 2007 the config was changed dramatically. It is now very stable with 700+ users online. If you notice an error, or have a speed problem, please reply. Please do not re-post old errors, only ones that have occured after this time.
Aug 16th, 2007, 1:32 pm
Aug 24th, 2007, 7:58 am
I don´t know if is error.
But in software request, i can´t edit my post.
thank you
Aug 24th, 2007, 7:58 am

Made clears posts on GPS section and goods tittles made users easy live
Before ask something or pollute topics search the reply.......................
...............................................................................surely it is there out

_________Image______________________

_____Image ______Image ______ Image
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

_________Image
Aug 24th, 2007, 8:39 am
kargent wrote:I don´t know if is error.
But in software request, i can´t edit my post.
thank you

This isn't an error, it's to stop people editing the amount of promised WRZ when the request is fulfilled. A few ruin it for the rest unfortunately. If you need to amend details, reply to your original post.
Aug 24th, 2007, 8:39 am
Aug 28th, 2007, 5:47 pm
When I try to open ppcwarez using internet explorer, it seems to hang when it gets to the paypal button download.
Seems to open alright with firefox.
Is it just me?
Aug 28th, 2007, 5:47 pm
Aug 28th, 2007, 6:13 pm
I normally never use IE, only Firefox, but I just checked the site loading in IE and I can't see any real difference, both buttons are shown instantly.
Aug 28th, 2007, 6:13 pm
Aug 29th, 2007, 12:37 am
flyingscotsman wrote:When I try to open ppcwarez using internet explorer, it seems to hang when it gets to the paypal button download.
Is it just me?

The button is hosted on paypal's server. Part of the agreement is you are not allowed to edit the code they give you for the site, if we edit the button, they will get cranky, so sorry, but if your connection to paypal.com is slow, the button will be slow to load.
Aug 29th, 2007, 12:37 am
Sep 4th, 2007, 10:48 am
In this morning I get this error message.....
[08:21, 04-sept-07]

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Can't create a new thread (errno 35); if you are not out of available memory, you can consult the manual for a possible OS-dependent bug [1135]

An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.

If you refresh and this error is still here, we may be working on the site. You can check the status page here: http://status.ppcwarez.org/
Sep 4th, 2007, 10:48 am
Sep 4th, 2007, 7:10 pm
NiNiX wrote:In this morning I get this error message.....
[08:21, 04-sept-07]

What is your GMT offset? I think I have fixed this problem from about 9AM GMT.
Sep 4th, 2007, 7:10 pm
Sep 7th, 2007, 6:18 pm
sdawson wrote:
flyingscotsman wrote:When I try to open ppcwarez using internet explorer, it seems to hang when it gets to the paypal button download.
Is it just me?

The button is hosted on paypal's server. Part of the agreement is you are not allowed to edit the code they give you for the site, if we edit the button, they will get cranky, so sorry, but if your connection to paypal.com is slow, the button will be slow to load.

Cheers,
That makes sense to me!
It seems to have sorted itself out now, thanks guys!
Sep 7th, 2007, 6:18 pm
Oct 3rd, 2007, 5:24 pm
this site is really really slow right now, and I think it started yesterday. this morning it was better but now it's very difficult to even post anything. what could be causing this?
Oct 3rd, 2007, 5:24 pm

You can't fail if you don't give up.
Oct 3rd, 2007, 6:51 pm
same here. it takes around 2 minute to open page
since last night
It is currently Wed Oct 03, 2007 6:42 pm
Oct 3rd, 2007, 6:51 pm
Oct 3rd, 2007, 9:48 pm
matusns wrote:same here. it takes around 2 minute to open page
since last night
It is currently Wed Oct 03, 2007 6:42 pm

I can confirm that.

@sdawson
Here are some answers to your questions in your first post:

If you are replying because the site is really slow, please include the following details:
* Number of users online [Thanks Anthony2oo7] -> 764
* Time/date of the event (and GMT offset of your timezone) -> Wed Oct 03, 2007 UTC (GMT) 8:45 pm
* If it's an ongoing issue, if not, what times GMT do you notice it most -> ongoing
* Speed results when downloading this file (just an average, start it and let it run for 30 seconds) -> 708 kByte/s
* Average results when pinging the site (click here for information on how to ping a site) -> 66ms
* Estimate of page loading times (from click -> page appearing, not fully loading images etc) 2 minutes minimum and also above
Oct 3rd, 2007, 9:48 pm

monkey12
Oct 4th, 2007, 1:25 pm
Man is this place bogged down.

Click to visit, grab a cup of coffee. Click forum you want to browse, take a crap. Click on post you want to read, ignore some more overdue bills. Click to reply, organize some of the gigs you've downloaded but never used. Start to post your reply -- enough of this, why bother? Stop clicking and go outside to get yourself a real life. Well, I guess that is one way of getting me off this damn PC. :lol:

Anyway, definitely a nice site -- as addictive as any of 'em, but no joy at all with 2+ minutes page loading time.

Here's your info:

* Number of users online [Thanks Anthony2oo7] -> In total there are 657 users online
* Time/date of the event (and GMT offset of your timezone) -> Thu Oct 4, 2007 7:45 am (GMT-5)
* If it's an ongoing issue, if not, what times GMT do you notice it most -> It was back to normal about 6 hours ago, but was really bad for me the first time between 16 and 24 hours ago. So in my time zone, the past two days it's only really been worth it to visit this site at night. It's just too damn slow any other times.
The following numbers are fine:
* Speed results when downloading this file (just an average, start it and let it run for 30 seconds) -> 402 kByte/s
* Average results when pinging the site (click here for information on how to ping a site) -> 101ms
This one is the deal-breaker:
* Estimate of page loading times (from click -> page appearing, not fully loading images etc) also 2 minutes minimum
Oct 4th, 2007, 1:25 pm

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.
Oct 4th, 2007, 7:58 pm
Same with me.
From 1-2 days it's very slow!

Guro
Oct 4th, 2007, 7:58 pm

Check my site for fun - http://www.spanak.org