Anything that does not belong in the other categories
Nov 13th, 2007, 11:40 pm
SonarCE v1.19 (Freeware)
Requirements: Windows Mobile 2002 CE and higher
Overview: The SonarCE application is a real sonar for Pocket PC devices. It uses the internal Pocket PC sound system to detect echo from different obstructions. It is quite precise around 5-10 cm at distance of 10 m.
Image Image

This program can be use in air or in water but in water you need external microphone and speaker closed in water proof case. The main window toolbar contains the most important functions: send one chirp, sonar loop and analyze window. More advanced functions are hidden under settings menu. Additionally program is equipped with testing functions which helps to tune the parameters crucial for the Sonar CE application.

More Info:
Code: Select allhttp://www.eddiem.com/nerds/tiki-index.php?page=Sonar%20CE

Download Instructions:
Windows Mobile 2002 CE and 2003/SE Package:
http://rapidshare.com/files/69528757/SonarCE_v1.19.rar

< And HERE is the .CAB file for PPC2002 on Rapidshare >
< And HERE is the .CAB file for PPC2002 on Megaupload>
< And HERE is the .CAB file for PPC2003 / WM5 on Rapidshare>
< And HERE is the .CAB file for PPC2003 / WM5 on megaupload. >
Nov 13th, 2007, 11:40 pm
Nov 14th, 2007, 12:32 am
yeah cool.. but hell 5 - 10 meters.. i am not blind for that short distance... aarrrrrrrrgh...
Nov 14th, 2007, 12:32 am
Nov 14th, 2007, 2:18 am
but we can be blind in the dark! :))
thx for the app!
Nov 14th, 2007, 2:18 am

Nov 14th, 2007, 2:57 am
if you are in a dark with a pocket pc why not use the screen backlight as light...
Nov 14th, 2007, 2:57 am
Nov 14th, 2007, 3:51 am
we r going offtopic but ... because you don't want to draw atention on you! mybe you r a burggler or hiding from someone! :))
anyway doesn't work on my tytn with wm6! i have to wait 4 the next version! :(
Nov 14th, 2007, 3:51 am

Nov 14th, 2007, 4:10 am
Err this program produces a quite loud high 'chirp' sound from the ppc speaker, i don't think it would be very wise to use it when you want to go burglaring :mrgreen: . Will draw quite a bit more attention than a flashlight lol

The first time used it i thought that sound would destroy my speaker and my ears. Does anyone know if it is safe to let a ppc speaker produce such high screetching sounds?
Nov 14th, 2007, 4:10 am

SUPPORT THE FILM INDUSTRY. IF YOU LIKE IT, BUY IT.
Nov 14th, 2007, 10:09 pm
A .CAB file a day, for mobile users on the way, keeps installation problems away...

< .CAB file(s) added to opening post. > - unless specified all .CAB files are Rapidshare links

Why should one install a CAB-file?

- direct download/install to the device, without polluting desktop PC by useless installed files
- CAB files are trusted. no viruses, no trojans

Look HERE to find out how to install a .CAB file
Go HERE if you would like a .CAB file to be added to a release post.

Please help us to keep this forum clean. Don't pollute topics with requests!
If you find a dead .CAB file link in the forum, PM me.
If you need a personal key or serial, ask andree - our local Service Manager - in the KEY request service.
If you want a free drink with Amy Winehouse, go HERE

We shall not rest before your requests are fulfilled...
I would also appreciate that you respect the developer(s) of this software. If you download and use it, then buy or support it.
Nov 14th, 2007, 10:09 pm

Nov 15th, 2007, 3:21 am
would it still work if the speaker was at the back of ppc and the mic in front???

what size object is it used most effectively for? A large concrete only?
Nov 15th, 2007, 3:21 am
Nov 15th, 2007, 5:27 am
rated 6/10. Not VGA compatible. Didn't see any way to change meters to feet. Cool idea though. Would be really nice if you could set it to "room mode' or something and have it automagically give you the dimensions of any room. Sure, you'd want to break out the tape to get it exactly like to cut carpet, but it would be cool to have a rough idea with the touch of a button.

My Axe didn't emit a loud sound at all, more like the sound of needle at the end of record, except faster. Haha I guess I am really dating myself there. Anyway thanks for the up and flaws aside, maybe I'll raise the rating a bit if I can find any kind of decent use fo it. Maybe to rob a deaf person's house at night, lol.
Nov 15th, 2007, 5:27 am

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.
Jan 2nd, 2008, 7:00 am
Still doesn't work for a HTC Touch. WM6
Jan 2nd, 2008, 7:00 am
Sep 28th, 2011, 11:23 pm
Update ( v 1.30) released HERE by Zacharie.

Guy1731 Image
Sep 28th, 2011, 11:23 pm