Mar 16th, 2014, 6:52 am
Hi all,

i have got a few ebooks on epub which i want to convert to pdf (for printing purposes).

I'm currently using the free calibre software but sometimes the ebooks font size and formatting get distorted badly (haven't figured out exactly how to resolve that).

Anyone got any kind of suggestion to resolve this? (actually i dont need it to be in pdf, i just need to print it out, been trying to print out epub directly from adobe digital editions but to no avail). Thanks!
Mar 16th, 2014, 6:52 am
May 22nd, 2014, 10:40 pm
I can never get PDF right with Calibre either, no matter how much I play with the output settings.

A good though potentially time-consuming alternative is using Calibre to export your epub to RTF, then open that document in Word (or LibreOffice or whatever you use), and print from there after making the necessary adjustments—page size, text size and formatting, removing blank lines, etc.
May 22nd, 2014, 10:40 pm
Jul 15th, 2014, 2:09 am
Have you tried printing from Calibre's ebook viewer?

Sigil also has a printing option.

I haven't done either, so I don't know the possible pitfalls, but I did have a look around and found this page which gives the pros and cons of these and the PDF conversion route:
http://www.teleread.com/ebooks/how-to-t ... from-home/
Jul 15th, 2014, 2:09 am

Links dead? Need re-up? PM me.

Strange is the night where black stars rise,
And strange moons circle through the skies,
But stranger still is Lost Carcosa.
Jul 15th, 2014, 2:07 pm
Are you sure the original epub is formatted properly?

If you are looking at mainly text and not a lot of embedded images, this will take a little time, but you could:

Open the epub in the Sigil ebook editor.
In the book browser panel, click the first html document and then shift+click the last html document.
Right-click on list somewhere and choose to "Merge" the files into one.
Right-click on the single html file and choose "Save as" to export an html document.

From here you can open the exported html file in any editor you want.

I like to open in Notepad2 and use its search and replace capabilities to clean things up a little.
Jul 15th, 2014, 2:07 pm