Jun 15th, 2014, 4:40 pm
mbuzz54 wrote:why are most ebooks Epub?........very rarely .mobi?
ePub is the most widely supported format, meaning most e-readers in the market open ePub, but not Mobi. Some time ago we asked users in a survey about favourite formats and ePub came out as the absolute winner, followed at a distance by Mobi. We must keep in mind that Mobi was a proprietary format and not everybody had or intended to buy a Kindle.
Jun 15th, 2014, 4:40 pm
Jun 16th, 2014, 8:33 am
I downloaded a book and didn't realise it needed a password until I tried to unzip it. The file says it's a TSB.rar and comes up with no proper book title other than TSBPACB. If it did I could find it myself. I usually check for passwords but I downloaded it rather late at night a few days ago and I completely forgot to make a note of it.

If anyone knows this file please let me know.

I also posted this in the Lost and Found viewtopic.php?f=1327&t=809830&p=1965337#p1965337

If it helps I think it was either a fulfilled release or in the fantasy and sci-fi section as those were the two I was looking at when I grabbed this one.

Also a note - browser history - is deleted after browser is closed (set up due to my net sucking). And I tried the custom Google search as one member suggested.
Jun 16th, 2014, 8:33 am

Please say no to animal abuse. It can change the world.
Jun 16th, 2014, 8:56 am
TSBPACB = someones filing system lol

We get a lot of files similar (initials) when categorising

The clue may be within them

TS may be the Authors initials and the rest may be the first letter of the book

Think back on what you looked at/who interests you regarding the Authors name and it may come to you
Jun 16th, 2014, 8:56 am
Jun 16th, 2014, 10:06 am
Weelee wrote:TSBPACB = someones filing system lol

We get a lot of files similar (initials) when categorising

The clue may be within them

TS may be the Authors initials and the rest may be the first letter of the book

Think back on what you looked at/who interests you regarding the Authors name and it may come to you

I did think of that, but I know it's by an author whom I am not familiar with (an "oh, nice description I'll try it out" ) and if you could categorise books via author (to sort by letter or something) on here it would be so much easier. If one of the upload rules is to ensure actual epubs/files came with proper names even if the zip/rar etc doesn't it, would make finding books better. I know this going to drive me nuts because it will be a "what if it's an awesome book and I missed out" thing ^^; I will keep trying. I wish that the mark as read (Colour fading on topics) stayed so you know which ones you looked at.

Hope all that didn't come off as whinging? I get anal retentive about my own system, but mainly because I have memory issues.
Jun 16th, 2014, 10:06 am

Jun 16th, 2014, 11:09 am
telekinatis wrote:I wish that the mark as read (Colour fading on topics) stayed so you know which ones you looked at.

It does.

Alternatively you can bookmark and/or subscribe to threads which can be maintained from the UCP.

ImageImage
Jun 16th, 2014, 11:09 am
Jun 16th, 2014, 12:01 pm
The ticks return on mine - I don't know why. I know I looked at quite a few yesterday and just now looked again just to make sure if I need to admit I'm a total noob or not about that and they are back (looked at The Bitterbynde Trilogy and the Crimson City ones for certain). I could try the subscriptions - I do bookmark book/topics in my browser if I want that book and have to wait for a download time limit or have requested a member re-fresh their links.
Jun 16th, 2014, 12:01 pm

Jun 16th, 2014, 12:22 pm
telekinatis wrote:The ticks return on mine - I don't know why. I know I looked at quite a few yesterday and just now looked again just to make sure if I need to admit I'm a total noob or not about that and they are back (looked at The Bitterbynde Trilogy and the Crimson City ones for certain). I could try the subscriptions - I do bookmark book/topics in my browser if I want that book and have to wait for a download time limit or have requested a member re-fresh their links.

The previous method I used will not work as TWB.rar is to generic a name. Can you upload the file and let me take a look? It may be a long shot, but I may be able to get more information from it using a hex editor.

As for the ticks returning, this is due to you clearing your cookies when you close your browser. If you stop clearing them, the ticks will stay away. :)

If you happen to remember which file host you used to download, this would also be helpful. (tusfiles, zippyshare ect).
Jun 16th, 2014, 12:22 pm
Jun 16th, 2014, 12:59 pm
Not sure which one but it could have been either zippyshare or tusifiles or even rapidgator. ^^; As this was on the 11th that I downloaded it.

I uploaded it to zippyshare http://www52.zippyshare.com/v/91850858/file.html

Good luck!

If I could keep the cookies without net issues I probably would as it does make the page loading a bit quicker.
Jun 16th, 2014, 12:59 pm

Jun 16th, 2014, 9:13 pm
telekinatis wrote:I downloaded a book and didn't realise it needed a password until I tried to unzip it. The file says it's a TSB.rar and comes up with no proper book title other than TSBPACB. If it did I could find it myself. I usually check for passwords but I downloaded it rather late at night a few days ago and I completely forgot to make a note of it.

Here you go:

viewtopic.php?t=505792

I used this custom search:

https://www.google.com/search?q=site%3A ... sy%22&epub

Just a lucky guess as I tried 7.0 MB and 7.2 MB and just threw the 7.1 in as a guess that the uploader didn't round the number properly or their system returned a slightly different size or they just typed it in wrong.

Enjoy.
Jun 16th, 2014, 9:13 pm

Links dead? Need re-up? PM me.

Strange is the night where black stars rise,
And strange moons circle through the skies,
But stranger still is Lost Carcosa.
Jun 22nd, 2014, 5:00 pm
Carcosa wrote:
telekinatis wrote:I downloaded a book and didn't realise it needed a password until I tried to unzip it. The file says it's a TSB.rar and comes up with no proper book title other than TSBPACB. If it did I could find it myself. I usually check for passwords but I downloaded it rather late at night a few days ago and I completely forgot to make a note of it.

Here you go:

viewtopic.php?t=505792

I used this custom search:

https://www.google.com/search?q=site%3A ... sy%22&epub

Just a lucky guess as I tried 7.0 MB and 7.2 MB and just threw the 7.1 in as a guess that the uploader didn't round the number properly or their system returned a slightly different size or they just typed it in wrong.

Enjoy.

Thank you so much!!!!!! This could be it! I remember grabbing the Spooks collection and saw this. Never read Spooks and was recommended by a friend (hence why the author may not have been familiar to me). Thank you Carcosa!!!!!!!!

P.S. Checked and yes it was the correct book.
Jun 22nd, 2014, 5:00 pm

Jun 24th, 2014, 8:32 pm
how can I get the Thank you button in my Ebook posts?
Jun 24th, 2014, 8:32 pm
Jun 24th, 2014, 9:37 pm
Chris 55 wrote:how can I get the Thank you button in my Ebook posts?

When staff have checked it, they'll move your release to the relevant forum and the "Thank You" button automatically appears.
Jun 24th, 2014, 9:37 pm

Links dead? Need re-up? PM me.

Strange is the night where black stars rise,
And strange moons circle through the skies,
But stranger still is Lost Carcosa.
Jun 25th, 2014, 11:51 am
Sorry for the dumb question, I have looked in info posts but was not able to find tips on how to post side-by-side book covers in a multi-book post.
I get it that the + icon on mobilism images gives me the multi load but once I copy the individual links in my release post I end up with the message that no image is available.
Thanks in advance for help
Jun 25th, 2014, 11:51 am
Jun 25th, 2014, 12:19 pm
moldava wrote: but once I copy the individual links in my release post I end up with the message that no image is available.
For each image you upload, the service will offer 4 links. Copy the first one you see as you see it, codes and all:

Then paste the links into the template side by side, exactly as you want them to show in your post:

Code: Select all[IMG]http://images.mobilism.org/?dm=U6I5[/IMG][IMG]http://images.mobilism.org/?dm=IR9S[/IMG][IMG]http://images.mobilism.org/?dm=8ZFZ[/IMG]

One more thing: to post a multiple-book release you may want to skip the "Template" and use the "Standard" instead:

Jun 25th, 2014, 12:19 pm
Jun 26th, 2014, 11:06 pm
How do I recover a deleted post and draft?
Jun 26th, 2014, 11:06 pm