Oct 20th, 2014, 3:52 am
sorry to moan (again) there seems to be a problem with the search funtion, I was looking up a book that I had downloaded the other day and deleted in error before I could transer it to calibre.
I searched both author and book name, nothing, I then tried looking up another book nothing, I tried a prolific author JD Robb (Nora Roberts) in both guises using as many variations as possible nothing.

I went into the ebooks and picked one at random and searched nothing, either by author or title, nothing, I even went into the top books in the last 7 days and using the search button still nothing

Any ideas?

Amanda138a
Oct 20th, 2014, 3:52 am
Oct 20th, 2014, 4:50 am
The site updates itself once an hour, if you have a problem with the search wait about ten minutes and try again. Failing that, add this link to your toolbar or save it with your bookmarks: https://www.google.com/cse?cx=007640456958190664848%3A-oh1odvwcd8&ie=UTF-8&q=#gsc.tab=0 (Google Custom Search)

If all else fails, your computer was kidnapped by aliens and infected with revolutionary ideas. It must be destroyed by mailing it to my address.

Computers with Windows 8 aren't susceptible to kidnapping, so don't bother. Windows Vista and 7, MacBooks, iPads and tablets are the most at risk, send them over.

:)
Oct 20th, 2014, 4:50 am
Oct 20th, 2014, 5:42 am
I i went on the search bar to look up some of my favorite authors and noticed they are no longer showing anything for the authors help?
Oct 20th, 2014, 5:42 am
Oct 20th, 2014, 8:28 am
I'm quite sure I've understood what you meant and, if I'm right, you should read the post above yours.
Oct 20th, 2014, 8:28 am

I do not reupload books I posted in Requests section. Please request again.
Oct 20th, 2014, 8:47 am
amanda138a wrote:... I searched both author and book name, nothing, I then tried looking up another book nothing, I tried a prolific author JD Robb (Nora Roberts) in both guises using as many variations as possible nothing.
leopardlily25 wrote:I i went on the search bar to look up some of my favorite authors and noticed they are no longer showing anything for the authors help?

When you use the search and get no results even though you know there should be some results, the most logical reason is (guess what?) that the search function is not functioning. Next time it happens, please think: why isn't the post/author you're looking for showing up? The answer is that there can only be two reasons:

1) the search is not working, or
    2) the post is gone.

How to find out which case it is?
- First step: make sure that the search is actually working by entering the name of a prolific author like Nora Roberts or James Patterson. If you still get no results, the obvious conclusion is that the search function is definitely not functioning (point 1). Please use this Google Custom Search link offered in the post above by zackddog and be patient until the search gets fixed.

- Second step: if you have made sure that the search works but you still can't find the post/author, contact a moderator to find out what happened to the post/author (point 2). There are several reasons for a post/author to have been removed, in addition to the very interesting scenarios provided above by zackddog :)

NOTES:
    1. The features "View my posts" and "View my topics" are both perfomed by the search engine; if the search is not working those features will not be available.

2. There are two additional posts on how to narrow down a search and how to simplify a difficult search (names with initials), the Advanced Search never fails:

#259: viewtopic.php?p=2741667#2741667
    #279: viewtopic.php?p=2801675#2801675
Oct 20th, 2014, 8:47 am
Oct 20th, 2014, 3:02 pm
zackddog wrote:If all else fails, your computer was kidnapped by aliens and infected with revolutionary ideas. It must be destroyed by mailing it to my address.

Computers with Windows 8 aren't susceptible to kidnapping, so don't bother. Windows Vista and 7, MacBooks, iPads and tablets are the most at risk, send them over.

:)

Well at least it's not gremlins those are some pesky little critters & get into everything without discrimination, talking discrimination what exactly do the aliens have against Windows 8?

:lol:
Amanda x x
Oct 20th, 2014, 3:02 pm
Oct 20th, 2014, 10:02 pm
amanda138a wrote:Well at least it's not gremlins those are some pesky little critters & get into everything without discrimination, talking discrimination what exactly do the aliens have against Windows 8?

:lol:
Amanda x x

The aliens are a bunch of racists, that's why.

And they think that Windows 8 is the biggest turd dropped by Microsoft since Windows 97.
Oct 20th, 2014, 10:02 pm
Oct 20th, 2014, 11:32 pm
Help, It's me again with the same problem

I looked for a book. Links were dead and OP Inactive for 10 weeks.
I mentioned so in his thread. I also PMed him. He went online the next day. My comment is no longer in the thread. He hasnt reupped or contacted me and no activity since then. That was 8 days ago.
What does one do?
Can I go ahead and request the book again?
Oct 20th, 2014, 11:32 pm
Oct 20th, 2014, 11:41 pm
canmus wrote:Help, It's me again with the same problem

I mentioned so in his thread. I also PMed him. He went online the next day. My comment is no longer in the thread. He hasnt reupped or contacted me and no activity since then. That was 8 days ago.
What does one do?

Hi canmus PM about this to MODS they will take care of it. It may be they will move the post in expired ebooks section. And somebody like me will Re-post the book. :)
Oct 20th, 2014, 11:41 pm
Oct 20th, 2014, 11:57 pm
Ok , thank you Money, will do so. Neither am I sure when to PM the mods directly and when to post in this thread.
Oct 20th, 2014, 11:57 pm
Oct 21st, 2014, 2:48 am
canmus wrote:Help, It's me again with the same problem

What does one do?

In these situations, it's better to just directly PM a MOD.

This way, it's dealt with as quickly as possible by whichever mod gets to it first.

Also, can you PM me a link to the thread in question and I'll see what can be done?
Oct 21st, 2014, 2:48 am
Oct 21st, 2014, 1:35 pm
Hola :D

For the past week or so, when I click on the little blue arrow for Tusfiles, this is what I get:

It's always 3.6 MB, but it's not the e-book, it's a file called mobilism.org. ??

If I copy and paste the link into the premium downloader, I get the same result.
Also, when clicking on the blue arrow for Zippy link, I get a "file not found" msg, but if I go directly to the zippy page, the file is there! Anyone else experiencing this?
Oct 21st, 2014, 1:35 pm
Oct 21st, 2014, 1:46 pm
emmilina wrote:Hola :D

For the past week or so, when I click on the little blue arrow for Tusfiles, this is what I get:

It's always 3.6 MB, but it's not the e-book, it's a file called mobilism.org. ??

If I copy and paste the link into the premium downloader, I get the same result.
Also, when clicking on the blue arrow for Zippy link, I get a "file not found" msg, but if I go directly to the zippy page, the file is there! Anyone else experiencing this?

Yes. D4m and LH have been alerted and work now to resolve the problem.
Oct 21st, 2014, 1:46 pm

Currently reading...

Oct 21st, 2014, 1:58 pm
ephemeral wrote:Yes. D4m and LH have been alerted and work now to resolve the problem.

Thanks for the quick reply! :D
Wasn't sure if it was just me or not.
Oct 21st, 2014, 1:58 pm
Oct 24th, 2014, 8:42 am
Disk4mat wrote:Zippyshare fixed.

We'll let you know as soon as Tusfiles is fixed as well, please use the direct links manually for the time being. Thanks.
Oct 24th, 2014, 8:42 am