Feedback or requests for help with the site.
Oct 20th, 2006, 9:18 am
Just an update: again, after deleting cookies, even if I'm already logged in, I always get the agreement page.

I think you're still setting up something... It's just a feedback for your job

Thanks

..._
Oct 20th, 2006, 9:18 am
Oct 20th, 2006, 3:18 pm
Val3r10 wrote:Just an update: again, after deleting cookies, even if I'm already logged in, I always get the agreement page.

I think you're still setting up something... It's just a feedback for your job

Thanks

..._

Hm, strange. Im not getting this. What browser are you using? Anybody else getting this?
The problem was fixed so I really dont know why this is happening again. :?
Oct 20th, 2006, 3:18 pm
Oct 20th, 2006, 3:38 pm
I don't see the agreement page anymore. Even when logging in it sends me directly to the articles. I'm using FF. IE sux :D

maybe, just a thought, but there's a fix to allow viewing of imageshacks images, even when a site is blacklisted. It uses disabling the reffer in FF. Did you perhaps used this trick? Like I said, just a thought :D But by doing the trick, some things didn't worked anymore for me. They needed the refferer link to work. So I disabled the trick and put it all back to factory settings again.

If this is the case, I suggest undoing the ImageShack trick :D
Oct 20th, 2006, 3:38 pm

Retired moderator.

...and a 'lil ..(big) thank you, to a far away - but always near - friend: Image
"A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart, and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words."
Oct 20th, 2006, 4:11 pm
I'm using Firefox (after deleting cookies).
I often see a "sid" variable on url query_string and it logs me off.

Btw, even logged in, I'm not able to edit or delete my own posts any more

Something very very strange. Hopefully it'll be sorted out when migrating to the new server, because even on dedicated one, I get one of the strangest behavior on this phpBB forum ever.

(40/50 secs to load or submit a page, with frequent timeouts... and I have got a 6 mbps line...)

Thanks
Oct 20th, 2006, 4:11 pm
Oct 21st, 2006, 11:53 am
me too got this problem........me using IE
Oct 21st, 2006, 11:53 am
Oct 21st, 2006, 12:01 pm
I OFTEN get timeouts and logouts, besides the agreement.php page.
Both using FF (preferably) & IE
I have to copy text before any submit because ANY given time I get a timeout blank page, and the http post is unsuccessful...

I'm a MEMBER in about one hundred of forums and get all those problems only here.

Question raises itself: Does the "110 guests / 15 registered" at time worth the 280$/mo value of a dedicated server ?

Thanks for any answer

..._
Oct 21st, 2006, 12:01 pm
Oct 21st, 2006, 7:51 pm
Val3r10, thats why we are moving to a new server soon. It should be arriving this monday and it should take about 3 days to set it all up.
Oct 21st, 2006, 7:51 pm
Oct 21st, 2006, 8:20 pm
Good job, Boss!
Thanks for effort and EXPENSES!

Btw, the above question is still appliable... you know ;)
Registered members at a time aren't so many

Thank YOU again

..._
Oct 21st, 2006, 8:20 pm
Oct 23rd, 2006, 1:41 pm
F@%#^@CK now I'm getting another error.

Occasionally, plain white backround errors:

PHP ERROR:
Counldnt connect to the database.

Usually refresh doesnt help, so mebe server load related?
Oct 23rd, 2006, 1:41 pm

due back by 2008.
Oct 23rd, 2006, 7:27 pm
ifalleni wrote:F@%#^@CK now I'm getting another error.

Occasionally, plain white backround errors:

PHP ERROR:
Counldnt connect to the database.

Usually refresh doesnt help, so mebe server load related?

Yes, its caused by an excessive amount of RAM usage. Once the RAM usage gets too high the server locks down some connections to prevent itself from crashing. Hopefully this will never again happen once we move to the new server.
Oct 23rd, 2006, 7:27 pm
Oct 28th, 2006, 12:37 pm
ALL HAIL TO THE NEW SERVER.... :lol:

Thanks for all your hard work, LifeHacker and friends! Nice job!

PS.: I still got the same probs with the 'Who's Online' :S

When I want to look who's what where, it displays this still:
General Error

Could not obtain regd user/online information

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1

SELECT * FROM

Line : 85
File : viewonline.php

Anybody else having this prob? If not, I feel like making a new account and trying it again, under that account. Maybe somethings messed up me 8)

Cheerz
X
Oct 28th, 2006, 12:37 pm

Retired moderator.

...and a 'lil ..(big) thank you, to a far away - but always near - friend: Image
"A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart, and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words."
Oct 28th, 2006, 7:21 pm
I dont know....nobody seems to be having that problem. Try making a new account and see if anything changes. Also try using a different browser.

So people: how do you like the new server? Speed? Errors? Automatic log out problems?
Oct 28th, 2006, 7:21 pm
Nov 3rd, 2006, 7:35 pm
Hmmm.. using FF, regged new name and tried the 'who's online' link:
viewonline.php

I still get the same msg...
General Error

Could not obtain regd user/online information
DEBUG MODE
SQL Error : 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1
SELECT * FROM
Line : 85
File : viewonline.php

I'll try IE next.. but doubt if that would help.. this is strange :cry:
Nov 3rd, 2006, 7:35 pm
Nov 3rd, 2006, 7:38 pm
Using I.E. now.. still same deal!

WTF could cause this??? It's data sent to my b0x from PPC-W, so I don't think it's on my end...

This is weird... :S

PS.: It's me.. eXtreme !!
Nov 3rd, 2006, 7:38 pm
Nov 3rd, 2006, 7:39 pm
For verification purposes only... It was really me ;)

PS.: 2morrow evening I'll visit my uncle and try to login from his b0x... if it still happens.. then I don't know anymore.. :( :D
Nov 3rd, 2006, 7:39 pm

Retired moderator.